Sugababes

Main Pop Girl

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2022 at 6:45 PM, Leaving said:

Imagine your first impression on a new forum being this incredibly uncalled for and aggressive comment directed at someone you don't even know :cackle: 

I literally linked to multiple instances of Siobhan explicitly stating that Keisha bullied her. So are you saying that Siobhan is a liar? What happened to Believe All Women sis? :orly: 

On the other hand, I'd love to see your sources for Heidi "dragging" Mutya. Both Mutya and Heidi confirmed that they were closer to each other than they were to Keisha at the point Mutya left. Does that make Mutya a liar too? I guess all other five members of the Sugababes must be conspiring against Keisha because they're all horrible racists huh! :wink: 

Not even responding to the reaches about the godly Spice sisters :cackle: The fact that you support the actually corrupt and incredibly racist, sexist, colourist and homophobic K-pop industry tells me all I need to know about you.

Have a blessed day sis and enjoy the forum! <3 

I'd like hear Siobhan say that she was "bullied" by Keisha straight out of her mouth, because from the Siobhan video interviews out there - there isn't a single one where she says so, what she does say is that they did not get along - which a person with a bit of sense will know aren't the same thing. Didn't journalists also claim that Jade "was afraid of Keisha" too, and when Keisha confronted her about it - Jade said that she never said such thing?

Didn't Mutya also call Heidi a "backstabber" on a tweet, as well as saying that she "wasn't surprised a bit by Heidi's actions", when Keisha was withdrawn from the group"?

It surprises me that Mutya outed the group and never contacted Heidi again, then Keisha was withdrawn from the group by her and Amelle - and she never made peace with them, and then when the final line-up disbanded - Jade never again seemed to contact both of them at all. Yet, Keisha seems to be the problem? Come on now.

You got that "I stan/support the K-pop music industry" out of me having a man from east asian descent on my profile picture. Weird.

I'd rather say that it's "believe all women", unless when it's Keisha.

Have a good day.

Isn't arguing and talking to people y'all don't even know what you all do here anyway? Make it make sense.

Edited by powerpuffheart

14 hours ago, powerpuffheart said:

I'd like hear Siobhan say that she was "bullied" by Keisha straight out of her mouth, because from the Siobhan video interviews out there - there isn't a single one where she says so, what she does say is that they did not get along - which a person with a bit of sense will know aren't the same thing. Didn't journalists also claim that Jade "was afraid of Keisha" too, and when Keisha confronted her about it - Jade said that she never said such thing?

Didn't Mutya also call Heidi a "backstabber" on a tweet, as well as saying that she "wasn't surprised a bit by Heidi's actions", when Keisha was withdrawn from the group"?

It surprises me that Mutya outed the group and never contacted Heidi again, then Keisha was withdrawn from the group by her and Amelle - and she never made peace with them, and then when the final line-up disbanded - Jade never again seemed to contact both of them at all. Yet, Keisha seems to be the problem? Come on now.

You got that "I stan/support the K-pop music industry" out of me having a man from east asian descent on my profile picture. Weird.

I'd rather say that it's "believe all women", unless when it's Keisha.

Have a good day.

Isn't arguing and talking to people y'all don't even know what you all do here anyway? Make it make sense.

Let's agree to disagree. :) Hope you have a good day too!

• Like 3

Hey guys,

The tour is starting in two days. There is supposed to be surprises. What are your expectations ?

This interview gives much informations

https://www.dazeddigital.com/life-culture/article/56816/1/sugababes-mutya-buena-keisha-buchanan-siobhan-donaghy-interview-tour-2022

Siobhán Donaghy: We’re adding a lot to the show. There’s one song people might not expect me to want to sing, but I want to sing it.

I really wonder which song Siobhan is mentioning there. She talks about it again here :

https://www.instagram.com/p/CjjAFTljbfY/

It's probably one of the poppiest song of their catalogue. She sounds like it's a song she don't usually enjoy that much but that the band made one of the best of the show.

2 Hearts preview https://www.instagram.com/p/CjLRA-hDbVg/

Them singing this song is a dream. Those harmonies are heaven sent 🥰 I hope they'll sing the song in full. Would work really well live with those heavy drums.

Edited by sunshineslave
  • Like 1

We already 

1 hour ago, sunshineslave said:

I really wonder which song Siobhan is mentioning there. She talks about it again here :

https://www.instagram.com/p/CjjAFTljbfY/

It's probably one of the poppiest song of their catalogue. She sounds like it's a song she don't usually enjoy that much but that the band made one of the best of the show.

As they have already performed “About You Now”, I’m assuming that it is the next most ‘pop’ song (after that) in their catalogue, which would be “Red Dress”.

I’d also be surprised if “Ace Reject” was not part of the live set as they have learned over the years just how loved it is by fans.

Also, curated song selections that other lineups wrote with anyone who the first lineup initially wrote with at the start such as Cameron McVey & Jony Rockstar.

We learned from the Glastonbury set they are open minded about song selections from any era of the groups history and one can just imagine how that will be expanded over the duration of a live set they have actual control over in terms of stage time.

I suspect they chose literally anything that resonated with the harmonics of their vocal blend during try outs/ rehearsals.

It’s worth remembering that pre Glastonbury, a lot of people were fully convinced 3.0 material would be a line they simply would never cross, but as they have gone there, literally nothing is off limits (with the obvious exceptions of “Get Sexy”, the “Sweet 7” era and “Girls”).

Given the adulation Siobhan received for her rendition of “Caught in a Moment”, with some fans going so far as to consider it the ‘definitive’ version, I would not be surprised if she pulls off the same feat with several other later era, replacement vocalist tracks (without even trying).

Edited by Dax Diameter
Syntax

6 hours ago, Dax Diameter said:

We already 

As they have already performed “About You Now”, I’m assuming that it is the next most ‘pop’ song (after that) in their catalogue, which would be “Red Dress”.

I’d also be surprised if “Ace Reject” was not part of the live set as they have learned over the years just how loved it is by fans.

Also, curated song selections that other lineups wrote with anyone who the first lineup initially wrote with at the start such as Cameron McVey & Jony Rockstar.

We learned from the Glastonbury set they are open minded about song selections from any era of the groups history and one can just imagine how that will be expanded over the duration of a live set they have actual control over in terms of stage time.

I suspect they chose literally anything that resonated with the harmonics of their vocal blend during try outs/ rehearsals.

It’s worth remembering that pre Glastonbury, a lot of people were fully convinced 3.0 material would be a line they simply would never cross, but as they have gone there, literally nothing is off limits (with the obvious exceptions of “Get Sexy”, the “Sweet 7” era and “Girls”).

Given the adulation Siobhan received for her rendition of “Caught in a Moment”, with some fans going so far as to consider it the ‘definitive’ version, I would not be surprised if she pulls off the same feat with several other later era, replacement vocalist tracks (without even trying).

Well, they only ever sang Keisha's solo and the chorus of About You Now together. Maybe Siobhan is referring to singing Heidi's part in the bridge. Still, I would be very happy with Hole in the Head, but I feel like Keisha doesn't like that song too much :( 

• Like 1

Bristol U.K. Setlist 16/10/22

[Intro Section]
Push The Button
Red Dress
Hole In The Head
Too Lost In You
Flatline

[Mid Section]
2 Hearts
Today
Ugly
Love Me Hard
Stronger

[Interlude/ Costume Change?]
Same Old Story

[Closing Section]
Overload
Garage Medley
Flowers 
Round Round
Freak Like Me

[Encore]
About You Now

.. Overall I’m slightly disappointed by the lack of deeper cuts (in particular ‘Ace Reject’).

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Dax Diameter said:

[Intro Section]
Push The Button
Red Dress
Hole In The Head
Too Lost In You
Flatline

[Mid Section]
2 Hearts
Today
Ugly
Love Me Hard
Stronger

Same Old Story

[Closing Section]
Overload
Garage Medley
Flowers 
Round Round
Freak Like Me

[Encore]
About You Now

.. Overall I’m slightly disappointed by the lack of deeper cuts (in particular ‘Ace Reject’).

That intro act is iconic :hail: Hit after hit!

I can live without some of the other songs (I'm so sick of hearing Flowers) and I still don't get why they're not including at least Run for Cover and Soul Sound, both of which I think charted higher than Flatline :yeah: 

Still, I'm glad Siobhan's comfortable now singing all the hits. I'm intrigued to hear her version of Freak Like Me!

Yes, “Flowers” is definitely the track I think most would NOT have a problem being swopped out for something else (particularly as Sweet Female Attitude are trying to spark interest from industry in their reunion and it was THEIR only real hit! 😬

.. Then again the atypical 10 year license for the legal usage of any music trademark (particularly one that a now heavily embittered Mark Hargreaves would crassly pay to take back in an instant regardless of public opinion), is often dependent on having evidentially released a music product under that trademark in as recent a time period as possible - so until next year when we will likely get new music product (and associated single releases) in the form of an album - it looks like we are stuck with “Flowers” being purposely wheeled out (to keep him at bay legally) for the time being.

Not from last night, but Siobhan’s Live take on “Freak Like Me” is on YouTube.

Edited by Dax Diameter
Syntax

4 hours ago, Dax Diameter said:

Yes, “Flowers” is definitely the track I think most would NOT have a problem being swopped out for something else (particularly as Sweet Female Attitude are trying to spark interest from industry in their reunion and it was THEIR only real hit! 😬

.. Then again the atypical 10 year license for the legal usage of any music trademark (particularly one that a now heavily embittered Mark Hargreaves would crassly pay to take back in an instant regardless of public opinion), is often dependent on having evidentially released a music product under that trademark in as recent a time period as possible - so until next year when we will likely get new music product (and associated single releases) in the form of an album - it looks like we are stuck with “Flowers” being purposely wheeled out (to keep him at bay legally) for the time being.

Not from last night, but Siobhan’s Live take on “Freak Like Me” is on YouTube.

I love me some Sugababes buuuut I have to say the SFA version of Flowers is god-tier :hail: That groovy 90s euphoria is so fun to listen to and just can't be beat by any of the covers imo.

Idk how I missed this old performance of Freak Like Me! I have to say I prefer Heidi's voice on this one though...Imo Siobhan does great on the more serious songs but she can't sell sex appeal in the way Heidi can.

On a side note, Mutya's voice still sounded amazing back then, but it's sounding a little worn down in their recent performances :( I hope she can bring it back because she had probably my favourite voice in pop

On 10/14/2022 at 6:55 PM, Leaving said:

Well, they only ever sang Keisha's solo and the chorus of About You Now together. Maybe Siobhan is referring to singing Heidi's part in the bridge. Still, I would be very happy with Hole in the Head, but I feel like Keisha doesn't like that song too much :( 

I think Hole in the head has been on all the band's setlist since it's been released including the 2013 MKS tour and the summer festival tour this year. You might have been talking about another song.

The song is Red Dress and they did something great with it. It was available on someone's story on Instagram but it isn't anymore. 🥲 Is that the song you were talking about because I believe both Mutya and Keisha hated it. It is even more suprising that these two agreed to sing it than Siobhan actually. 

19 hours ago, Dax Diameter said:

[Intro Section]
Push The Button
Red Dress
Hole In The Head
Too Lost In You
Flatline

[Mid Section]
2 Hearts
Today
Ugly
Love Me Hard
Stronger

Same Old Story

[Closing Section]
Overload
Garage Medley
Flowers 
Round Round
Freak Like Me

[Encore]
About You Now

Yeah I saw that. It is a pretty great setlist overall. I'm just slightly disappointed because they teased "many surprises" that I supposed weren't already on their summer tour. 

I'm pretty sure some songs will rotate during the tour with Caught in a moment, Run for Cover, replacing others and maybe some new stuff ?  

I'm afraid they're not there yet for including Ace reject, but if they sang Red Dress and About You now, I'm pretty sure we'll get it one day. They know the fans love it.

Those are the new ones compared to the summer tour :
Red Dress
- 2 Hearts
- Love Me Hard
- Same Old Story (Interlude)
- Garage Medley
- About You Now (longer version with a verses from Mutya and Siobhan)

I'm pretty happy with these additions even tough I agree that there could be more obvious inclusion and even more surprising choices.

Do you guys know if same old story featured I lay down mashup like in the teaser they posted on Instagram ? Did they actually sing ? What about the Garage Mashup ? I believe these were covers but I don't know which song for sure. 

2 hours ago, Leaving said:

I love me some Sugababes buuuut I have to say the SFA version of Flowers is god-tier :hail: That groovy 90s euphoria is so fun to listen to and just can't be beat by any of the covers imo.

Idk how I missed this old performance of Freak Like Me! I have to say I prefer Heidi's voice on this one though...Imo Siobhan does great on the more serious songs but she can't sell sex appeal in the way Heidi can.

On a side note, Mutya's voice still sounded amazing back then, but it's sounding a little worn down in their recent performances :( I hope she can bring it back because she had probably my favourite voice in pop

From the videos I've seen I believe her vocals sounded better than this summer. 

Her replacement of Heidi on 2 hearts is heaven sent. She sounds raspy but her voice has always been (that's what I love about it).

• Like 1