Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet

Main Pop Girl

th-video.jpg 

The Pokemon Company has announced that Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, a brand new open world Pokemon adventure, will be released on Nintendo Switch in late 2022.

Announced During Pokemon Day 2022's Pokemon Presents, these two new Game Freak-developed games will feature a new region and its three new starter Pokemon have already been revealed. At the beginning of the game, Trainers will need to choose between the Grass Cat Sprigatito, the Fire Croc Fuecoco, or the Water Duckling Quaxly.

pokemon-scarlet-violet-starters_0.jpg

Pokemon Scarlet and Violet are an "evolutionary" step for the Pokemon franchise and feature an "open world where various towns with no borders blend seamlessly into the wilderness." The Pokemon Company also notes that "Pokemon can be seen everywhere in this wide-open world - in the skies, in the sea, and on the streets."

While we obviously don't all the differences between the two versions, it has been revealed that Trainers will "have a different outfit depending on which game they are playing."

Sprigatito the Grass Cat has the Overgrow ability and its description says they are "capricious" and "attention-seeking." Fuecoco the Fire Croc has the Blaze ability and is "laid-back" and "does things at its own pace." Quaxly the Water Duckling has the Torrent ability and is "earnest and tidy."

Pokemon Scarlet and Violet were only one of the many annoucements during the Pokemon Presents showcase. To hear about all the others, including Pokemon Legends: Arceus' Daybreak update, check out our roundup of the Pokemon Day 2022 celebration

I still feel like Pokemon could be doing a lot more in 2022 to get with the times when it comes to graphics, plot, character customisation and side quests (among others) :yeah: But realistically I'll probably still play this and enjoy it anyway :cackle: Plus this might be my first time going grass-type for my starter! What about yall?

• Like 1
  • YAAASSS 1

11 hours ago, Leaving said:

th-video.jpg 

I still feel like Pokemon could be doing a lot more in 2022 to get with the times when it comes to graphics, plot, character customisation and side quests (among others) :yeah: But realistically I'll probably still play this and enjoy it anyway :cackle: Plus this might be my first time going grass-type for my starter! What about yall?

I'm also going for the grass type, specially since it's inspiration comes from the Iberian lynx 🥰 But I'm just getting a little bit overwhelmed regarding the number of Pokémon existing... They're going for the 1000! But let's wait and see!

10 hours ago, UnknownBoyPT said:

I'm also going for the grass type, specially since it's inspiration comes from the Iberian lynx 🥰 But I'm just getting a little bit overwhelmed regarding the number of Pokémon existing... They're going for the 1000! But let's wait and see!

I didn't know that was it's inspiration! Now I'm even more excited about what it's final evolution will be :orly: 

I know what you mean about the number of Pokemon though. Is it too late for them to go back and scrap that one that was just a sandcastle with eyes? :yeah: 

• 3 months later...

This is the first main line game I've been excited for since like, idk Gold and Silver? 😆 

I loved Arceus and was stoked to hear that a dlc was coming, then we got that shit free update with nothing basically, so a main line game with the open world/area and same mechanics would be just awesome. Fingers crossed!

Also the coop is looking like the best we've ever had, 4 people roaming and hunting together!? Yasss.

2 hours ago, Savages said:

This is the first main line game I've been excited for since like, idk Gold and Silver? 😆 

I loved Arceus and was stoked to hear that a dlc was coming, then we got that shit free update with nothing basically, so a main line game with the open world/area and same mechanics would be just awesome. Fingers crossed!

Also the coop is looking like the best we've ever had, 4 people roaming and hunting together!? Yasss.

I've heard Arceus was really good but I haven't played it yet! Honestly after the flop that was Let's Go and the medicority that was Sword and Shield I kind of didn't wanna give them any more of my money. :cackle: But if this has the same mechanics as Arceus it sounds promising. And the co-op does look really fun!

Pokémon hasn’t been good since Gen 5 but I still buy them hoping it will get better, there is fun to be had but it as you said could be a lot better. Pokémon Silver is my favourite game of all time. 

All hail LeChonk! 

Edited by tajd

3 hours ago, UnknownBoyPT said:

This will smash so hard! I think this game will be sort of a revolution 😃

I really hope so! If they can revolutionise Zelda with Breath of the Wild I don't see why they can't do the same with Pokemon <3 

2 hours ago, tajd said:

Pokémon hasn’t been good since Gen 5 but I still buy them hoping it will get better, there is fun to be had but it as you said could be a lot better. Pokémon Silver is my favourite game of all time. 

All hail LeChonk! 

I just feel like given the Switch is pretty much a home console they reaaaally need to step up a lot of the graphics and world building. Plus the plots have somehow gotten worse over the years...At least originally they had interesting little side quests like Pokemon Tower but Sword and Shield was so kiddy and cheesy :yeah: I think they need to realise that they have a lot of older fans who are playing for nostalgia reasons and cater to them a bit more

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

5 hours ago, Leaving said:

The game isn't released for another week but the entire Pokedex leaked online!

I can't find the original leaks but these are (pretty good quality) fan-art drawings of them:

https://www.makio.it/pokemon/sv-dex/

So far it looks like a pretty good collection. I like it better than the last region for sure.

OMG I didn't want to look but I did and I cannot wait, I have a feeling this is going to be the best Pokemon game since HeartGold and SoulSilver

And although I like every single generation's new Pokemon tbh, especially Sun and Moon, these look phenomenal, it's amazing what happens when you stop using the same models for three generations in a row 🤭

• YAAASSS 1

On 11/11/2022 at 9:19 AM, MeantToBeIconic said:

OMG I didn't want to look but I did and I cannot wait, I have a feeling this is going to be the best Pokemon game since HeartGold and SoulSilver

And although I like every single generation's new Pokemon tbh, especially Sun and Moon, these look phenomenal, it's amazing what happens when you stop using the same models for three generations in a row 🤭

So the entire game leaked :cackle: The Pokedex is good and the game looks fun, so I think if you're a fan of the series you'll enjoy it! I'm still kinda disappointed they haven't stepped it up like Zelda did with BOTW, but you can't blame them for sticking to the selling formula Ig