Jump to content

Help transcribing!


Tweener
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone!

I decided to create this thread because there were many cases where people asked me for help with making out the words artist say in songs :)  If you have a problem with transcribing lyrics, post a song or a fragment of the song and maybe together, with the rest of members, we will manage to find the answer :) 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was thinking about creating such a thread but I'm too shy for that :) 

I need help with his poem: https://instaud.io/3qYO

That's what I got:

 

Love was like a dream

I've never ?thought was real?

Promising joy I've never thought I'd feel

Now you're here with me and I know that you're mine

And I'll be loving you until the end of time

When all the ?...? run dry

My love, when stars no longer shine

I'll still be loving you until the end of time

 

I don't know the places where the "??" are. Sombody help!! :) 

Edited by Amethyst
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In my mind this is how I see this poem written.  I could be wrong as each poet has their own unique style of writing.  Punctuation is not always necessary depending on the style of the poem. 

 

Love was like a dream

I never thought was a real

Promising joy

I never thought id feel

Now you're here with me

And I know that you're mine

And I'll be loving you

Until the end of time

When all the seas run dry, my Love

And the Stars no longer shine

I'll still be Loving you

Until, the end of time

  • YAAASSS 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do think "Love is" would have been better than saying "love was".  And I would have said "And I know that you are mine" instead of "you're mine".   But that's just my style of writing poetry

I am not just a pretty face.  I have written my fair share of poetry in my day.  I used to belong to a poetry forum years ago.  I even won a few contests they had on there from time to time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Whoknowsmehere said:

In my mind this is how I see this poem written.  I could be wrong as each poet has their own unique style of writing.  Punctuation is not always necessary depending on the style of the poem. 

 

Love was like a dream

I never thought was a real

Promising joy

I never thought id feel

Now you're here with me

And I know that you're mine

And I'll be loving you

Until the end of time

When all the seas run dry, my Love

And the Stars no longer shine

I'll still be Loving you

Until, the end of time

SEAS! EXACTLY! Thank you for your help :) And maybe make a poetry thread where you could share your poems? :) 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Underneath the Sycamore tree, I behold

A flying squirrel darting to and fro

Carrying upon his hairy little back

A little green creature, known as a Toad. 

 

Unsure of what it is that I see

I take a more detailed look

Surprised as I am beyond any realistic belief

That little green toad is staring directly at me

 

There seems no escape from this weird and crazy place

They get closer and closer with nowhere to run

And just as the nightmare is coming to an end

That little green toad reaches out, and licks me in the face.

 

I wake from my slumber and no Squirrel or Toad

Not sure where I am I scramble to get up

Only to realize too much Whiskey and Wine

You may wake up with your head in the Comode.

 

The End.

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great thread :D

 

If someone can help me to understand the full lyrics of this snippet please :
 


Never really looked me in the eye
(?)
His name was Pete (sweet Pete)
The first time that he took me out
He didn't know what to talk about
So I took the initiative and told Pete he had to leave
So I’m back to square one
With Mr. good-for-nothing John
Ever since he brought me down
I can't get off the ground
(?)

 

Edited by Loverboy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also if someone can help me with this snippet too :

 

 

Uh what's gonna happen tonight ?
Uh (?) happen tonight
Stay on the dancefloor
Slowly between you and i
And someone (?)
(?) see my blue eye
(?) happen
For sure 
Stay on the dancefloor
Buff tingaling, buff tingaling (told me ?)
Buff tingaling (turn it up)
Buff tingaling (turn it up)

 

 

Edited by Loverboy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pixie said:

Great thread :D

 

If someone can help me to understand the full lyrics of this snippet please :

 

Never really looked me in the eye
(?)
His name was Pete (sweet Pete)
The first time that he took me out
He didn't know what to talk about
So I took the initiative and told Pete he had to leave
So I’m back to square one
With Mr. good-for-nothing John
Ever since he brought me down
I can't get off the ground
(?)

 

 

 

at the end "it's not like I don't try..."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pixie said:

Also if someone can help me with this snippet too :

 

 

Uh what's gonna happen tonight ?
Uh (?) happen tonight
Stay on the dancefloor
Slowly between you and i
And someone (?)
(?) see my blue eye
(?) happen
For sure 
Stay on the dancefloor
Buff tingaling, buff tingaling (told me ?)
Buff tingaling (turn it up)
Buff tingaling (turn it up)

 

Uh what's gonna happen tonight?
Uh what's gonna happen tonight
Stays on the dancefloor
Slowly between you and i
And someone (?)
He's only gonna see my blue eye
whatever's gonna happen
For sure 
Stay on the dancefloor
Buff tingaling, buff tingaling (told me ?)
Buff tingaling (turn it up)
Buff tingaling (turn it up)

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The reason I made this topic is this song

 

The Spanish parts. I once transcribed them, but I'm not sure if they are correct

 

She's from the ghetto, chasing dreams
She prayed to God, then she prayed for fame
She placed their hand, the life was dead
What she wanted was somewhere else

She left the station, her past behind
Salvation she have to find
Cause more is better and less is bad
And all of those dreams that we're taught to believe
But just make you feel empty and sad

You don't have to sell your soul to get involved
(Te canta la vida)
You don't have to lose control to get involved
(hoy el clima!)
Be yourself, you're better than you'll ever know
(Ey y ten cuidado)
You don't need to get naked or fake it to make it
You just need to get involved

She's made it, celebrity
Her longing last is no guarantee
Designer dresses and killer heels
All of the secrets are always revealed
Now she knows just how empty it feels


You don't have to sell your soul to get involved
(Te canta la vida)
You don't have to lose control to get involved
(hoy el clima!)
Be yourself, you're better than you'll ever know
(Ey y ten cuidado)
You don't need to get naked or fake it to make it
You just need to get involved

Harm's your showcasing, but love is your craving
I see it right there in your eyes
Que linda que guapa cariña preciosa
Your beauty is not your inside

You don't have to sell your soul to get involved
(Te canta la vida)
You don't have to lose control to get involved
(hoy el clima!)
Be yourself, you're better than you'll ever know
(Ey y ten cuidado)
You don't need to get naked or fake it to make it
You just need to get involved
You don't have to sell your soul to get involved
(Te canta la vida)
You don't have to lose control to get involved
(hoy el clima!)
Be yourself, you're better than you'll ever know
(Ey y ten cuidado)
You don't need to get naked or fake it to make it
You just need to get involved

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...