We've had some people tell us that they're unable to send messages to members because their inboxes are too full. Please don't forget to check your inbox and delete old messages to free up space so that you can still receive new ones!

liberation

Carrie Underwood - Cry Pretty

Rate this topic

Never been a big fan of hers, but for me the scar makes her a little bit more real.  Sometimes we make our celebrities out to more than human.  I think she should embrace the scar.  And I don't think it in any way takes away from her cuteness.

In full disclosure, I do not the whole backstory of how she got injured in the first place.  I hope it was not something to traumatic. 

I updated the first post with an i+ link but if possible please stream or buy it so the queen can get the #1 that was robbed by 5SOS the last time :magic: 

Sadly i'm not too impressed with the album at first listen, but i feel that it will grow on me with time. I love the three songs that were released before the album and between the new ones my favorites are 'Low' and 'Spinning Bottles', the first one is epic because of the vocals and the second one has a heartbreaking story which reminds me of her last album <3 

I think the problem for me right now is that the good songs are REALLY good but the bad songs are a true mess. I really disliked 'That Song That We Used to Make Love To', 'Drinking Alone' and 'Kingdom', but hopefully they will grow on me with time.

Edited by liberation

Drinking Alone and TSWUTMLT are some of my favs lol i absolutely love this album. Low, Backsliding, and Southbound are also gold. The Bullet and Spinning Bottles are heart wrenching. 

• YAAASSS 1

6 hours ago, liberation said:

I updated the first post with an i+ link but if possible please stream or buy it so the queen can get the #1 that was robbed by 5SOS the last time :magic: 

Sadly i'm not too impressed with the album at first listen, but i feel that it will grow on me with time. I love the three songs that were released before the album and between the new ones my favorites are 'Low' and 'Spinning Bottles', the first one is epic because of the vocals and the second one has a heartbreaking story which reminds me of her last album <3 

I think the problem for me right now is that the good songs are REALLY good but the bad songs are a true mess. I really disliked 'That Song That We Used to Make Love To', 'Drinking Alone' and 'Kingdom', but hopefully they will grow on me with time.

6 hours ago, Zach said:

Drinking Alone and TSWUTMLT are some of my favs lol i absolutely love this album. Low, Backsliding, and Southbound are also gold. The Bullet and Spinning Bottles are heart wrenching. 

I have never been a big fan of Carrie Underwood.  But I have to say, I am really liking this album.  I listened to the whole album and can honestly say I did not find one song I did not like.  Cannot pick out a favorite yet, but I do like Cry Pretty a lot. 

I will definately give this album a second, third, fourth and at least a fifth listen to. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Whoknowsmehere said:

I have never been a big fan of Carrie Underwood.  But I have to say, I am really liking this album.  I listened to the whole album and can honestly say I did not find one song I did not like.  Cannot pick out a favorite yet, but I do like Cry Pretty a lot. 

I will definately give this album a second, third, fourth and at least a fifth listen to. 

So glad to read it! I want to listen to the full album again but I've been too busy replaying "Low" and "Spinning Bottles" all the time!

• Like 1

The album has sold over 260k copies in the first week in the US, which makes it the biggest debut of the year by a female artist in the Billboard 200. Keep slaying queen! 

Edited by liberation

11 hours ago, liberation said:

The album has sold over 260k copies in the first week in the US, which makes it the biggest debut of the year by a female artist in the Billboard 200. Keep slaying queen! 

Impressive! ;) I hope she enjoys it while she can until the ASIB soundtrack comes out next month! :hottie: