Will your fave be relevant in 20 years?

Main Pop Girl

I was thinking about this earlier today in relation to Gaga, and wondering if she'll still be around and in the public eye two decades from now. :orly: For me personally I think she's done a great job of diversifying her brand so that even when she can't make it big on the pop charts, she can still release rock, jazz or acoustic albums or turn to acting to keep her name in the spotlight. As for my other faves, Britney I think will definitely be quietly retired in twenty years time of her own choice, and Lana will probably still be relevant in music, because I don't think folk music is as ageist as pop generally is.

What about your faves? :magic: 

Gaga . Yes.

I mean like the OP said she's done a great job at diversifying. I mean she's worked with legends and the greats have given her nothing but praise (Madge you salty :spy:). Just Dance and Bad Romance will be timeless bops. And obviously she'll never stop making music so :dealwithit:

• YAAASSS 1

I think Britney's career will slow down, and she'll probably make a conscious decision to retire from the spotlight in the coming years, though not necessarily from her career entirely. I think her music and contributions to pop culture will live on beyond the next 20 years and she'll be remembered for her impact on pop music. We may see the odd album or other creative project along the way but nothing quite like what we've seen from her in the past.

Lana will be relevant in certain circles for as long as she likes, she's very prolific in terms of her output, and it seems she'll continue making music long after the general public are bored of her. It seems to be very much in her nature and I don't see that stopping.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2018 at 12:03 PM, blackoutbaby said:

I think Britney and Mariah's legacies will live on.

They'll probably be like Diana Ross or something. Like, not relevant in music, but known by everyone and seen as legends.

I 100% agree with you! Mariah is definitely gonna be on the level of Madonna, possibly releasing relatively successful albums and having big tours but never having the chart success or pop culture relevancy she used to. Britney can do exactly the same thing if she wants to but I get the feeling she'll want to settle down instead.

On 4/3/2018 at 6:03 PM, nanapop99 said:

Will Bonnie release SLAY in 20 years? :cackle:

Bonnie will never release 'S.L.A.Y.'... :cackle:

On 4/3/2018 at 11:53 PM, Moonchild said:

Definitely not... they are not relevant even today (Florrie, Kerli...). Lana, my other favorite, will surely be relevant in 20 years, and possibly Björk will still be doing something innovator in the music scene around those future ages.

In twenty years, I think Björk will time travel back to 2018 just to prove that she's relevant in all timelines. :spy:

On 4/4/2018 at 8:04 AM, Eros_92 said:

Gaga . Yes.

I mean like the OP said she's done a great job at diversifying. I mean she's worked with legends and the greats have given her nothing but praise (Madge you salty :spy:). Just Dance and Bad Romance will be timeless bops. And obviously she'll never stop making music so :dealwithit:

I agree that she'll never stop making music, but I get the feeling she'll take longer and longer to actually release said music... :tanya: 

On 4/4/2018 at 10:32 AM, coolaideonfire said:

I think Britney's career will slow down, and she'll probably make a conscious decision to retire from the spotlight in the coming years, though not necessarily from her career entirely. I think her music and contributions to pop culture will live on beyond the next 20 years and she'll be remembered for her impact on pop music. We may see the odd album or other creative project along the way but nothing quite like what we've seen from her in the past.

Lana will be relevant in certain circles for as long as she likes, she's very prolific in terms of her output, and it seems she'll continue making music long after the general public are bored of her. It seems to be very much in her nature and I don't see that stopping.

You totally nailed it! :yaskween: I can see Lana going the same way as Stevie Nicks tbh...She may not be at the forefront of pop culture like she has been in the past but I think she'll still have a successful career in her field.

• Like 2