UK POP QUEENS

POPBOIY

18 hours ago, victorxcx said:

lmao i always wanted to know the history behind this alexandra burke gif :stretcher: do you know if there's a video of this moment? lol

also i can't believe none of us mentioned Spice Girls, what a shame! 

Here you go. 

• Like 2
  • LMAO 1

17 hours ago, I2You said:

Here you go. 

Thank you so much for sharing! lmao her breakdown :lol: I've felt very happy for her watching this but also very sad because she didn't get to have the career she deserved. Simon can choke, hate him so much!

19 hours ago, POPBOIY said:

@Countess @Ruthless Love

@Capsule @victorxcx @dannyboixo

Not us stanning the Brit Girls more than the US:cackle: 

HwYSkKF.gif

Even though my #1 and #2 faves are Christina and Britney, the UK pop has some magic that is absent in US music, i just feel very sorry that the audience there tends to forget some amazing artists after their first or second album 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, victorxcx said:

Thank you so much for sharing! lmao her breakdown :lol: I've felt very happy for her watching this but also very sad because she didn't get to have the career she deserved. Simon can choke, hate him so much!

Even though my #1 and #2 faves are Christina and Britney, the UK pop has some magic that is absent in US music, i just feel very sorry that the audience there tends to forget some amazing artists after their first or second album 

Right? Alexandra literally had everything and they still fucked her career up. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, I2You said:

Right? Alexandra literally had everything and they still fucked her career up. 

Makes me mad bcuz Simon really seemed to not want to put effort in SYCO artists :die: Little Mix is overworked, Leona Lewis and Alexandra were ROBBED. I've been trying to buy Alexandra's brand new album. TBH, I can SO SEE Alexandra signing to Beyonce's label parkwood records. Leona needs to come 4 BLOOD :tanya:

2 hours ago, POPBOIY said:

Makes me mad bcuz Simon really seemed to not want to put effort in SYCO artists :die: Little Mix is overworked, Leona Lewis and Alexandra were ROBBED. I've been trying to buy Alexandra's brand new album. TBH, I can SO SEE Alexandra signing to Beyonce's label parkwood records. Leona needs to come 4 BLOOD :tanya:

Little Mix is more than overworked, their label (SYCO) is so terrible I'd honestly rather see them disband than be with them. I'd rather have them release music they actually want to release instead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eclipse said:

Little Mix is more than overworked, their label (SYCO) is so terrible I'd honestly rather see them disband than be with them. I'd rather have them release music they actually want to release instead.

Can you dish some more?

HwYSkKF.gif

3 hours ago, Eclipse said:

I am not a fan of Syco in the slightest but I actually think Syco have been great with Little Mix since their 3rd album, they are now the priority and I don't think they are being overworked either. 

The more successful they become the more creative control they will gain, hopefully now they are absolutely huge in the UK they will be given more freedom with this album. The girls seem happy and very driven and ambitious, so why change a winning formula just now?

14 hours ago, I2You said:

I am not a fan of Syco in the slightest but I actually think Syco have been great with Little Mix since their 3rd album, they are now the priority and I don't think they are being overworked either. 

The more successful they become the more creative control they will gain, hopefully now they are absolutely huge in the UK they will be given more freedom with this album. The girls seem happy and very driven and ambitious, so why change a winning formula just now?

are you on crack

4 hours ago, Ari said:

are you on crack

No I am actually someone who follows their career and accepts that no pop act gets true freedom at any label and some fans are delusional when it comes to them. 

They aren't being worked harder than most other popstars and I have seen people complain about them constantly touring, I am convinced it is them pushing for these 'summer shows' etc because the girls are smart and they are making serious money from playing as many live shows as they can.

I accept they might not be 100% happy with the material they are recording but I really do believe the girls want Worldwide Super Stardom and are willing to work like dogs to get it, they are still talking about breaking America, they have tried and failed several times now, the labels would have thrown the towel in by now but they are still pushing that at this stage so it has to be coming from them. 

1 hour ago, I2You said:

No I am actually someone who follows their career and accepts that no pop act gets true freedom at any label and some fans are delusional when it comes to them. 

They aren't being worked harder than most other popstars and I have seen people complain about them constantly touring, I am convinced it is them pushing for these 'summer shows' etc because the girls are smart and they are making serious money from playing as many live shows as they can.

I accept they might not be 100% happy with the material they are recording but I really do believe the girls want Worldwide Super Stardom and are willing to work like dogs to get it, they are still talking about breaking America, they have tried and failed several times now, the labels would have thrown the towel in by now but they are still pushing that at this stage so it has to be coming from them. 

How do you push cracking America with several tours in the UK while international fans constantly ask for dates in other countries? Little Mix could have broken the US if their label actually gave them some decent promotion instead of making them tour in the UK over and over, better singles and a tour there. Their opening act for Ariana during the Dangerous Woman Tour could have been a perfect opportunity. No More Sad Songs ft. MGK could have gotten top 10 with the right exposure, even the feature is smart as he was popular there at the time after "Bad Things". While it may be true no pop act gets true freedom, they've gotten less writing credits over the course of Salute to Glory Days. I don't believe Little Mix themselves want to "work like dogs" to get worldwide super stardom.

It's obvious Syco is treating them poorly as they don't care about them & they're trying to get as much money out of them as possible, which is a shame because they're very talented and have amazing potential.

• YAAASSS 1

2 hours ago, I2You said:

I am someone as well who follows their career and have for several years, they're my favourite group in the world and I love them as much as I love Ariana.
However I have to massively disagree with everything you're saying.

Each album that has come out they've got bigger and bigger, with that their writing credits in the albums have gotten smaller and smaller (look at the writing credits for Salute compared to Glory Days) as well as the work getting more and more. 3 tours in one year is not normal compared to "other popstars" nor should it be, they don't care about "money" or "playing as many live shows as they can" and "pushing these shows themselves" it's the PR/management doing this. The girls have said so many times that they want to do what they do but they want decent breaks in-between them as they're separated from their families for long periods of time which they don't find normal. 

Of course they want to be worldwide famous and all that shite, however, the thing is they're being overworked to the brim. Jade and Perrie's voices cracked/went for a few shows for the Glory Days tour, If I remember correctly, Jade had to miss a show or two because her voice was that strained. Not to mention there's a full on breakdown from her to her vocal coach in the Glory Days Documentary.

The reason they try and fail on breaking America is because management never goes full in, it's always half hearted, they were in America for 3 months last year and didn't do any talk shows, any performances, just the tour with Ariana and releasing a single with MGK with zero promo (and then released a whole other single a few months later)
Syco would never "throw the towel in by now" considering they're the only acts that's relevant and good enough for them to make an actual income, look at all the other artists on their label and ask yourself where are they now? They use Little Mix like a piggy bank to try and push other artists they have which as well, flops.

With you being a clear Leona stan, I would've thought you of all people would know how shit Syco is considering all the stuff that went on between them.