Jump to content

Songs That Should Have Been Singles


Recommended Posts

Madonna

Madonna: Physical Attraction

Like A Virgin: Stay/Over & Over

True Blue: White Heat

Like A Prayer: Promise to try/ Till Death Do Us Part

Erotica: Words/Thief of Hearts/Waiting/Why It's So Hard

Bedtime Stories: Sanctuary/Survival/Love Tried to Welcome Me

Ray Of Light: Sky Fits Heaven/Mer Girl/ Has To Be 

Music: Amazing/Impressive Instant/Runaway Lover

American Life: Nobody Knows Me/Mother & Father

Confessions on a dance floor: Future Lovers/Forbidden Love

Hard Candy: Candy Shop/Beat Goes On/Heartbeat/Ring My Bell

MDNA: I'm Addicted/Some Girls/Gang Bang/ Beautiful Killer

Rebel Heart: Devil Pray/Iconic/Unapologetic Bitch/Addicted

Britney Spears

BOMT: I Will Be There/E-mail My Heart/I'm So Curious/I'll Never Stop Loving You

OIDIA: What You See (Is What You Get)/ Can't Make You Love Me/One Kiss From You/ Where Are You Now

Britney: Lonely/Cinderella

ITZ: Breathe On Me/ (IGT) Boom Boom/ Touch Of My Hand/ Showdown/ Early Mornin/ The Answer

BLACKOUT: Get Naked/ Toy Soldier/ Hot As Ice/ Perfect Lover

Circus: Phonography/ Lace & Lather/ Trouble/ Out From Under

FF:(DD) Beautiful/Seal It With A Kiss/ Trouble For Me/He About To Lose Me/ Gasoline/ Up N Down

BJ: Now That I Found You/ Hold on Tight/ Til it's Gone/ Passenger

Glory: Man on the Moon/ Just Luv Me/ Love Me Down/ Hard To Forget Ya/ Better/ Change Your Mind/ If I'm Dancing/ Mood Ring/ Do You Wanna Come Over

Lady Gaga:

The Fame: Starstruck/ Beautiful, Dirty, Rich/ Boys Boys Boys

The Fame Monster: Dance In The Dark

Born This Way: Scheibe/ Heavy Metal Lover/ Bloody Mary/ Fashion Of His Love/ Black Jesus (Amen Fashion)

ARTPOP: Venus/ Aura/ Sexxx Dreams/ Swine/ Donatella/ Mary Jane Holland

Joanne: A-Yo/ Dancin' In Circles

what's your other favss??

 

  • Like 4
  • YAAASSS 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I would make some additions to a few eras:

Christina Aguilera:

Back to Basics: Slow Down Baby and Oh Mother as international singles

Bionic: Woohoo as an official single with MV, Glam

Lotus: Just a Fool with an actual video and Let There Be Love with an actual video

 

Britney Spears

Circus: Unusual You

Britney Jean: Alien, Now That I Found You

Glory: Just Luv Me, Better

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Bebe Rexha

I Don't Wanna Grow Up: Pray

AYF pt. 1: Bad Bitch, Small Doses

AYF pt. 2: I Got Time

 

Britney Spears

ITZ: Breathe On Me

Femme Fatale: Inside Out, He About To Lose Me

Britney Jean: Alien, Til It's Gone, Now That I Found You

Glory: Do You Wanna Come Over, Change Your Mind

 

Porcelain Black (I'm dreaming with this one)

Mannequin Factory: Mama Forgive Me, Mannequin Factory, Pretty Little Psycho

 

Honestly, I don't follow anyone else that closely.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, xoxoxooxoxoxoxo said:

Madonna

Madonna: Physical Attraction

Like A Virgin: Stay/Over & Over

True Blue: White Heat

Like A Prayer: Promise to try/ Till Death Do Us Part

Erotica: Words/Thief of Hearts/Waiting/Why It's So Hard

Bedtime Stories: Sanctuary/Survival/Love Tried to Welcome Me

Ray Of Light: Sky Fits Heaven/Mer Girl/ Has To Be 

Music: Amazing/Impressive Instant/Runaway Lover

American Life: Nobody Knows Me/Mother & Father

Confessions on a dance floor: Future Lovers/Forbidden Love

Hard Candy: Candy Shop/Beat Goes On/Heartbeat/Ring My Bell

MDNA: I'm Addicted/Some Girls/Gang Bang/ Beautiful Killer

Rebel Heart: Devil Pray/Iconic/Unapologetic Bitch/Addicted

Britney Spears

BOMT: I Will Be There/E-mail My Heart/I'm So Curious/I'll Never Stop Loving You

OIDIA: What You See (Is What You Get)/ Can't Make You Love Me/One Kiss From You/ Where Are You Now

Britney: Lonely/Cinderella

ITZ: Breathe On Me/ (IGT) Boom Boom/ Touch Of My Hand/ Showdown/ Early Mornin/ The Answer

BLACKOUT: Get Naked/ Toy Soldier/ Hot As Ice/ Perfect Lover

Circus: Phonography/ Lace & Lather/ Trouble/ Out From Under

FF:(DD) Beautiful/Seal It With A Kiss/ Trouble For Me/He About To Lose Me/ Gasoline/ Up N Down

BJ: Now That I Found You/ Hold on Tight/ Til it's Gone/ Passenger

Glory: Man on the Moon/ Just Luv Me/ Love Me Down/ Hard To Forget Ya/ Better/ Change Your Mind/ If I'm Dancing/ Mood Ring/ Do You Wanna Come Over

Lady Gaga:

The Fame: Starstruck/ Beautiful, Dirty, Rich/ Boys Boys Boys

The Fame Monster: Dance In The Dark

Born This Way: Scheibe/ Heavy Metal Lover/ Bloody Mary/ Fashion Of His Love/ Black Jesus (Amen Fashion)

ARTPOP: Venus/ Aura/ Sexxx Dreams/ Swine/ Donatella/ Mary Jane Holland

Joanne: A-Yo/ Dancin' In Circles

what's your other favss??

 

I completely follow with Madonna's "Sky Fits Heaven" as single off Ray of Light , "Gone" as a single for Music and "Forbidden Love" for Confessions... For Britney, Glory should've spawned "Man on the Moon", "Love Me Down", but also "Liar" as singles. In Gaga's ARTPOP, "Venus", "Gypsy" and "Mary Jane Holland" definitely should have been singles as well, and I think that from Joanne, "Diamond Heart" and "Angel Down" would've been amazing choices.

I'd like to add my flops:

Kerli - Love Is Dead:

  1. «Love Is Dead»
  2. «Bulletproof»
  3. «Walking On Air»
  4. «I Want Nothing»
  5. «Butterfly Cry»

Kerli - Utopia (if released as an album):

  1. «The Lucky Ones»
  2. «Kaleidoscope»
  3. «Speed Limit»
  4. «Here and Now»

Rita Ora - Ora:

  1. «R.I.P. (solo version)»
  2. «Roc the Life»
  3. «Shine Ya Light»
  4. «Radioactive»
  5. «Love and War (feat. J Cole)»
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hilary Duff
Metamorphosis: Where Did I Go Right
Hilary Duff: The Getaway, Who's That Girl, Weird
Most Wanted: Break My Heart
Dignity: Gypsy Woman, Dignity, Happy
Best of: Holiday (Remix)
BIBO: Confetti, BIBO

Aly & AJ
Into the Rush: Something More, Out of the Blue, Slow Down
Insomniatic: Bullseye, Blush

Lindsay Lohan
Speak: Disconnected, Very Last Moment in Time
ALMP: Black Hole

Demi Lovato
Don't Forget: The Middle, Trainwreck
HWGA: Catch Me, Got Dynamite
Unbroken: Who's That Boy, Fix a Heart

Kelly Clarkson
Thankful: Just Missed the Train
Breakaway: Gone, Addicted
My December: Sober (yes, it was a single, but it should be been treated so much better)
AIEW: If I Can't Have You
Stronger: Let Me Down
PXP: Nostalgic

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Bebe Rexha

AYF pt1:  Bad Bitch/ Atmosphere/ Small Doses/ Getaway Drug

AYF pt.2 :  (Not) The One

Beyonce:

B’Day:  Suga Mama/ Upgrade U/  Freakum Dress/ Back Up

I Am...Sash a Fierce: Poison/ Radio/ Hello

4: 1+1/ I Care/  Dance For You

Beyonce:  Blow/ No Angel/ Jealous

Lemonade:  6 Inch

Katy Perry

Teenage Dream: Peacock/Circle The Drain/ Who Am I Living For? /Dressin’ Up

Prism: Legendary Lovers/ International Smile/ Walking On Air

Witness:  Witness/ Roulette

Rihanna

MOTS:  Let Me/ There's a Thug in My Life

Good Girl Gone Bad:  Good Girl Gone Bad/ Push Up On Me/Cry

Rated R : G4L

Loud: Raining Man

Talk That Talk: Drunk On Love

Unapologetic: Nobody's Business/Phresh Out the Runway

AnTi:  Deseperado/Sex With Me/ Consideration

Selena Gomez

Stars Dance:  Save The Day/Birthday/ Undercover/Write Your Name/B.E.A.T./Stars Dance

Revival:  Sober/ Me & The Rhythm/  Me & My Girls/ Outta My Hands (Loco)/ Survivors

& The Scene:

Kiss & Tell: Crush

A Year Without Rain: Sick Of You/ Rock God

WTSGD: That’s More Like It/ Bang Bang Bang / Whiplash/ We Own The Night

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

Lady Gaga:

TF: Just Dance (Feat. Colby O Donis), Poker Face, LoveGame, Paparazzi

TFM: Bad Romance, Telephone (Feat. Beyoncé), Dance In The Dark

BTW: Born This Way, The Edge of Glory, Hair, Scheiße, You and I

ARTPOP: Applause, Do What U Want (Remix) (Feat. Christina Aguilera), Aura, Gypsy

C2C: Anything Goes, Bang Bang, Lush Life

Joanne: Perfect Illusion, Diamond Heart, Million Reasons, Angel Down

Britney Spears:

ITZ: Me Against the Music (Feat. Madonna), Toxic, Breathe On Me, Everytime

Blackout: Gimme More, Piece of Me, Radar

Circus: Womanizer, Circus, If U Seek Amy, Unusual You

FF: Hold It Against Me, Till The World Ends, I Wanna Go

BJ: Work Bitch, Body Ache, Alien

Glory: Make Me (Feat. G-Eazy), Clumsy, Private Show

  • Like 2
  • YAAASSS 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, I2You said:

Leona

Spirit: Take A Bow & Run (Internationally)

Echo: Can't Breathe, Naked and Outta My Head

Glassheart: Glassheart, Come Alive and Shake You Up

 

Leona is one hell of a mismanaged artist. 

I love all Leona’s albums... I Am being my least fave, Glassheart being my favourite! Glassheart was never properly promoted, Come Alive would of been a great 2nd single! I wish Mountains had made the album as well! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2018 at 11:37 PM, Zach said:

Hilary Duff
Metamorphosis: Where Did I Go Right
Hilary Duff: The Getaway, Who's That Girl, Weird
Most Wanted: Break My Heart
Dignity: Gypsy Woman, Dignity, Happy
Best of: Holiday (Remix)
BIBO: Confetti, BIBO

Aly & AJ
Into the Rush: Something More, Out of the Blue, Slow Down
Insomniatic: Bullseye, Blush

Lindsay Lohan
Speak: Disconnected, Very Last Moment in Time
ALMP: Black Hole

Demi Lovato
Don't Forget: The Middle, Trainwreck
HWGA: Catch Me, Got Dynamite
Unbroken: Who's That Boy, Fix a Heart

Kelly Clarkson
Thankful: Just Missed the Train
Breakaway: Gone, Addicted
My December: Sober (yes, it was a single, but it should be been treated so much better)
AIEW: If I Can't Have You
Stronger: Let Me Down
PXP: Nostalgic

I love this. 100% agree 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2018 at 1:07 AM, I2You said:

Leona

Spirit: Take A Bow & Run (Internationally)

Echo: Can't Breathe, Naked and Outta My Head

Glassheart: Glassheart, Come Alive and Shake You Up

 

Leona is one hell of a mismanaged artist. 

Not to mention the fact they never released 'Forgive Me' internationally even though it's the most Americanised song and video she's ever made... :cackle: 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Similar Content

    • By Music Xclusive
      hello guys, this is my second topic here. Today, I will discuss about tacks that should have been (at least) a little bit popular on the billboard charts
      1- Tinashe- No Drama https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAh7jTAkCKc: it should be at least top 30 (#31)
      2- Bebe Rexha- Ferrari https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyRawESIuy4: it should be in the top 20/10 (#10)
      3- Calvin Harris - One Kiss https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkeiKbqa02g: it should be in the top 5 
       4- Charlie Puth- Done For Me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdyllLZeviY: it should be top 5 track like Attention
      5- Christina Aguilera- Fall In Line https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q2j5ApzSqs: it should be around top 20/ top 10 (#12)
      6- David Guetta- Flames https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J75enyWdbBM: it should be in top 20/ top 10 (#20)
      7- Dj Khaled- I Believe  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SphTGtDlhHw: it should be in the top 10 (#9)
       
      8- Halsey- Alone https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEkImgh--PE: it should be in the top 5 like her song bad in love (#6)
      9- Iggy Azalea- Savior https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3hXC5yNZOc: it should be in the top 10 (#8)
      10- Jennifer Lopez- Dinero https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEM2kOrrNJI: it should be in the top 10 (#7)
      11- Julia Michaels- Jump https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3qT1k0r9pw: it should be in the top 10 like issues (#12)
      12- Justin Timberlake - Supplies https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4vnmgZLA8s: it should be in the to top 20 or top 10 (#13)
      13- Meghan Trainor - No Excuses https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kton-qrKNLc: it should be in the top 20 (#11)
      14- Meghan Trainor- Can't dance https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNZrc_XvF30: it should be in the top 10 (#7)
      15- Meghan Trainor- Let You Be Right https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xFgVgPpkVg: top 20 (#14)
       
      16- Pharrell Williams and Camila Cabello-Sangria Wine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buky0hLsBa0. (#4)
      17- Girls- Rita Ora featuring Cardi B, Bebe Rexha and Charli XCX https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdWcaWBxxcY (#20)
      18-Pray-Sam Smith https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhREiAarjVY (#8)
      19- Selena Gomez- Back To You https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulNswX3If6U (#5)
      20- Maroon 5 - Wait https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uTNVumfm84 (#5)
      21- Shawn Mendes- Lost In Japan https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycy30LIbq4w #10
      22- Shawn Mendes- In My Blood https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36tggrpRoTI #4
      23- Tinashe- Faded Love https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOfgkkHEcfU #9
      24- Anne-Marie- 2002   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il-an3K9pjg #2o
      25- Anywhere -Mustard and Nick Jonas #16
      26- Delicate-Taylor Swift https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCXGJQYZ9JA  #4
      27- Liam Payne- Familiar https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWw1BcFhk-k #17
      28- Liam Payne- For You https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQUuqbzQVsY #2
      29- Kelly Clarkson- I Don't Think About You https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx9mF1KJr0s (#15)
      30- IDGAF -Dua Lipa https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mgfe5tIwOj0 (#14)
      31- Zayn- Let Me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-dv_DcDD_A (14)
      32- Khalid- Love Lies https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYtsL9znopI (#10)
      33- Youth-Shawn Mendes #13
      34- Eminem- River (#6)
      35- Solo- Clean Bandit (#6)
      36- Whatever You Want-Pink (#8)
      what are you thoughts?? and what are your faves favourite singles of the year that didn't get the success needed??
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
    • By POPBOIY
      So basically, here we take a failed album/era and make it better 
      Mine: Jessica Simpson's 2001 album, "Irresistable" 
      Story: Columbia saw the attention Jessica Got in her debut era and thought this was the time to launch her as the bona fide pop star. Sales were around only 750k and Jessica was pretty much forced into this project. 
      HOW IT SHOULD'VE BEEN :
      LOOKS : urban sweetie with a touch of Glam 



      Singles:
      1.Irresistible 
      2. Forever in your eyes remix feat. Usher
      3. Imagination 
      4.His eyes are on the sparrow 
      The era would've (in my opinion)
      Would have snatched up a double platnium WW certification 
      Let's get it started mp.3 

    • By POPBOIY
      Homegirl has been teasing 4 about the past year  Hopefully, she gains an OFFICIAL Idenitty this era 
×
×
  • Create New...