Spice Girls

Tweener

3 hours ago, coolaideonfire said:

Melanie C seems very keen on the idea of touring with the Spice Girls in recent interviews, and to me she's often the biggest sticking point recently (more so than Victoria, who no one truly expects to be involved even though it would be great for her to change her mind). I think we'll see more from them once we're through the pandemic.

Well, Mel C has even mentioned in a couple of interviews recently that she and the other girls have been “chipping away” at Victoria and that she’s hopeful she’ll come back on tour with them soon, which is a slight change from the flat out “no” we got back in 2018. So hopefully one day soon we’ll see them all back performing together again!

• Like 1

Latest "lyric video" from Geri, featuring music from Episode 3 of her Rainbow Woman series of videos. The song sounds great, unfortunately she is talking over it again. Hopefully she does release them properly soon. Previous lyric video, and other episodes, are on her channel: youtube.com/gerihalliwell More to come every Sunday and Tuesday.

11 hours ago, coolaideonfire said:

Latest "lyric video" from Geri, featuring music from Episode 3 of her Rainbow Woman series of videos. The song sounds great, unfortunately she is talking over it again. Hopefully she does release them properly soon. Previous lyric video, and other episodes, are on her channel: youtube.com/gerihalliwell More to come every Sunday and Tuesday.

Probably my favourite so far! This whole vibe is very This Heart by Hilary, but I like it. I'm hoping that she's including the talking over these songs because she plans to release them on an album and thus on YouTube in a few months time so she wants to save up views for that. Fingers crossed! <3 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Skinny Legend said:

Probably my favourite so far! This whole vibe is very This Heart by Hilary, but I like it. I'm hoping that she's including the talking over these songs because she plans to release them on an album and thus on YouTube in a few months time so she wants to save up views for that. Fingers crossed! <3 

I think it's a great direction for her musically, although I know some fans aren't that happy about it. When you think back to her three albums she always had a lot of ballad-style songs among the uptempos so it's not too surprising to me that as she gets older she would prefer this. She's always been a fantastic writer and that's where her music shines anyway.

13 hours ago, coolaideonfire said:

I think it's a great direction for her musically, although I know some fans aren't that happy about it. When you think back to her three albums she always had a lot of ballad-style songs among the uptempos so it's not too surprising to me that as she gets older she would prefer this. She's always been a fantastic writer and that's where her music shines anyway.

Agreed. Even if she doesn’t want to release solo music so much, I’m always surprised she isn’t writing music for other up-and-comers. We need more girl power in pop music right now!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coolaideonfire said:

Episode 4 - Grrr Power

And, "Rainbow Woman" lyric video (with talking all over it, of course ;))

I love her and this was a good episode, but this rollout is kind of a mess. First the songs were meant to be coming on the same day as the videos, then it was the day after, then it was two days after, now it's back to the same day? And still no news on if and when we'll ever get these songs without her talking over them?

It's just annoying because I really want her to succeed but if everything's so disorganised I don't know how it's going to work. I feel like she would have done better with just a traditional single release she can put some money into and promote on a bunch of TV shows. But maybe she doesn't want to put in effort for chart success anymore after her last few singles didn't do well...

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Skinny Legend said:

I love her and this was a good episode, but this rollout is kind of a mess. First the songs were meant to be coming on the same day as the videos, then it was the day after, then it was two days after, now it's back to the same day? And still no news on if and when we'll ever get these songs without her talking over them?

It's just annoying because I really want her to succeed but if everything's so disorganised I don't know how it's going to work. I feel like she would have done better with just a traditional single release she can put some money into and promote on a bunch of TV shows. But maybe she doesn't want to put in effort for chart success anymore after her last few singles didn't do well...

Yeah I agree, it's very messy! I feel like they saw her views take a nose dive after Episode 2, and are trying to figure out what scheduling works best.

They've even changed the times of the uploads too - when the series was announced they were meant to be available from 12pm on Sundays, now it has changed to 2pm for some reason.

7 hours ago, coolaideonfire said:

Yeah I agree, it's very messy! I feel like they saw her views take a nose dive after Episode 2, and are trying to figure out what scheduling works best.

They've even changed the times of the uploads too - when the series was announced they were meant to be available from 12pm on Sundays, now it has changed to 2pm for some reason.

Ugh, that's so disappointing...Really hope this doesn't affect our chances of getting the album. :( 

On 12/7/2020 at 12:02 AM, coolaideonfire said:

Next episode and song coming today :) The track is "Hallelujah", which I think is probably the same song Ryan Louder (producer) made available on his website a while ago.

I like seeing her with her family, and it's interesting to hear her talk about her eating disorders. I wish this episode had been four times as long!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...