Spice Girls

Tweener

It’s the twentieth anniversary of Forever this week! :hail: This is their only album without Geri and it’s often seen as a major flop compared to their first two albums - but for what it’s worth I love the album and the sound they were going for. It’s a shame the girls themselves seemed kind of over the whole thing during promo or I think it could have been a bigger album!

To celebrate, stream the should have been third single ‘If You Wanna Have Some Fun’ and enjoy Vicci getting a solo for once!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Skinny Legend said:

It’s the twentieth anniversary of Forever this week! :hail: This is their only album without Geri and it’s often seen as a major flop compared to their first two albums - but for what it’s worth I love the album and the sound they were going for. It’s a shame the girls themselves seemed kind of over the whole thing during promo or I think it could have been a bigger album!

To celebrate, stream the should have been third single ‘If You Wanna Have Some Fun’ and enjoy Vicci getting a solo for once!

Best song on the album, for me! Underrated, but still not as good as the first two records. Which, come on, those are stuffed with classics! 

8 hours ago, 365MM said:

Best song on the album, for me! Underrated, but still not as good as the first two records. Which, come on, those are stuffed with classics! 

Weirdly enough I think I've actually listened to Forever more than the first two albums, even though I would agree that those two are technically better. :/ There's something about the choruses on the third album which are just so catchy to me! Fingers crossed if and when they tour again we get a live performance of IYWHSF. ;) 

4 hours ago, Skinny Legend said:

Weirdly enough I think I've actually listened to Forever more than the first two albums, even though I would agree that those two are technically better. :/ There's something about the choruses on the third album which are just so catchy to me! Fingers crossed if and when they tour again we get a live performance of IYWHSF. ;) 

Live version would be great! I hope it’s everyone on tour again next time too! 

• YAAASSS 1

2 hours ago, 365MM said:

Here’s the Live in Madrid 2001 (audio) to help celebrate the era! ...And yes- they play “If You Wanna Have Some Fun!”

image.png

https://mega.nz/folder/t5wmjB5Q#gQttKLi1eXJl02d108zOhQ

Omfg, you got me SO excited for a good minute there... :shocked: But I've heard this before and sadly it's just a fan-made concert!

The only songs they performed live were of course the singles and 'Right Back At Ya' (the poppier demo) at the Christmas In Spiceworld Tour.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Skinny Legend said:

Omfg, you got me SO excited for a good minute there... :shocked: But I've heard this before and sadly it's just a fan-made concert!

The only songs they performed live were of course the singles and 'Right Back At Ya' (the poppier demo) at the Christmas In Spiceworld Tour.

Oh really? Dang! ?

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, Geri recently launched a new YouTube channel, where she'll share a new video/episode every Sunday.

It's pretty cute, and each episode has some of her unreleased music in the background which she later shares a little more of each Tuesday in what she calls a "hangover" episode. 

So far there are 3 episodes, and she has shared a "hangover" for the leaked song Man On The Mountain. The next track she'll be sharing more of is called Travelling Light and that will be posted on Tuesday. Unfortunately these "hangover" episodes are more of a behind the scenes type thing, which she talks over at points, but hopefully it's an indication that she's planning to release music properly soon.

youtube.com/gerihalliwell 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, coolaideonfire said:

So, Geri recently launched a new YouTube channel, where she'll share a new video/episode every Sunday.

It's pretty cute, and each episode has some of her unreleased music in the background which she later shares a little more of each Tuesday in what she calls a "hangover" episode. 

So far there are 3 episodes, and she has shared a "hangover" for the leaked song Man On The Mountain. The next track she'll be sharing more of is called Travelling Light and that will be posted on Tuesday. Unfortunately these "hangover" episodes are more of a behind the scenes type thing, which she talks over at points, but hopefully it's an indication that she's planning to release music properly soon.

I've been enjoying these little shorts she's been releasing! It just makes me a little sad to hear her talk about how she feels like she's "withered" and lost her spark as she's gotten older...I miss the crazy, fun Ginger Spice who didn't care what anyone said and whose only focus was how to get a newspaper headline the next day.

Still, I'm hoping that if and when she releases new music it will bring some of her spark back and inspire her to be her true self a little more! I like what I've heard of the leaked album so I'd definitely be interested in an official release!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, coolaideonfire said:

Oh, thx! Gonna check it out!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Skinny Legend said:

I've been enjoying these little shorts she's been releasing! It just makes me a little sad to hear her talk about how she feels like she's "withered" and lost her spark as she's gotten older...I miss the crazy, fun Ginger Spice who didn't care what anyone said and whose only focus was how to get a newspaper headline the next day.

Still, I'm hoping that if and when she releases new music it will bring some of her spark back and inspire her to be her true self a little more! I like what I've heard of the leaked album so I'd definitely be interested in an official release!

Yeah, it makes me sad to think she felt like that for a long time. I think the last year with the Spice Girls tour has probably gave her some of that old bravado and confidence again. I hope she can use it going forward for whatever she does, even if it isn't music.

1 hour ago, coolaideonfire said:

Yeah, it makes me sad to think she felt like that for a long time. I think the last year with the Spice Girls tour has probably gave her some of that old bravado and confidence again. I hope she can use it going forward for whatever she does, even if it isn't music.

I really hope so! Even more I hope that she and the other girls (including Victoria) are able to get back together on a more regular basis after COVID subsides...It seems like they’re all at their best and most prolific when they’re with each other as opposed to when they’re doing solo work.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skinny Legend said:

I really hope so! Even more I hope that she and the other girls (including Victoria) are able to get back together on a more regular basis after COVID subsides...It seems like they’re all at their best and most prolific when they’re with each other as opposed to when they’re doing solo work.

Melanie C seems very keen on the idea of touring with the Spice Girls in recent interviews, and to me she's often the biggest sticking point recently (more so than Victoria, who no one truly expects to be involved even though it would be great for her to change her mind). I think we'll see more from them once we're through the pandemic.