Best Selling Female Albums of All Time (United States)

liberation

GoKvKXV.png

(Source: RIAA)

Saw it on a site and thought it was very interesting. I already imagined that 'Come On Over' should be the best selling female album on United States as it is worldwide, but i was very surprised to see the lack of albums by Madonna, Céline Dion, Barbra Streisand etc. Which of these albums are your favorites? Which albums you thought that were featured here but aren't? 

I really stan the Shania, Britney and Jewel albums on this list :yaskween: 

This really is interesting! Shania isn't really a big deal over here in Australia so I'm always surprised to see how popular she is overseas. It's also interesting that artists like Alanis, Jewel and the Dixie Chicks had so much success when they're barely heard of at all nowadays. I definitely thought that Madonna, Barbra and even Cher would have albums up there, but I guess they're all singles artists more than anything...Shoutout to Michelle Visage for having the second highest selling female album out there though! :cackle: 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2018 at 5:52 AM, BlackoutZone said:

Same here, nobody in Poland really knows about her now, but I remember back in the day Man! I Feel Like A Woman was a hit 8)

Slay BOMT tho, a true calssic :yeah:

I don't think I've even heard that song! :cackle: All I know is 'That Don't Impress Me Much' which is kinda cute but cheesy af...

• LMAO 1

On 17/02/2018 at 11:26 PM, Countess said:

This really is interesting! Shania isn't really a big deal over here in Australia so I'm always surprised to see how popular she is overseas. It's also interesting that artists like Alanis, Jewel and the Dixie Chicks had so much success when they're barely heard of at all nowadays. I definitely thought that Madonna, Barbra and even Cher would have albums up there, but I guess they're all singles artists more than anything...Shoutout to Michelle Visage for having the second highest selling female album out there though! :cackle: 

I actually looked a few days ago and the entire Cher discography has sold about 12 million copies in the US. I guess her only album that sold a lot was 'Believe', she has a lot of big failures on her catalogue that hasn't even entered the Billboard 200, so they probably sold almost nothing. 

57 minutes ago, Countess said:

I don't think I've even heard that song! :cackle: All I know is 'That Don't Impress Me Much' which is kinda cute but cheesy af...

The fact that someone never heard 'Man! I Feel Like a Woman', "You're Still the One" or "From This Moment On" really scares me because these songs still play here a lot and they are like timeless hits for us :o Also not forgetting "You've Got a Way", which is a lowkey classic too!

On 18/02/2018 at 3:52 PM, BlackoutZone said:

Slay BOMT tho, a true calssic :yeah:

:yaskween: I wonder if "Oops!" ever figured on that list before the Adele albums made it? I wouldn't be surprised tbh, we love a legend with two classics that outsold entire discographies :yeah: 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/6/2018 at 4:36 AM, victorxcx said:

I actually looked a few days ago and the entire Cher discography has sold about 12 million copies in the US. I guess her only album that sold a lot was 'Believe', she has a lot of big failures on her catalogue that hasn't even entered the Billboard 200, so they probably sold almost nothing. 

The fact that someone never heard 'Man! I Feel Like a Woman', "You're Still the One" or "From This Moment On" really scares me because these songs still play here a lot and they are like timeless hits for us :o Also not forgetting "You've Got a Way", which is a lowkey classic too!

:yaskween: I wonder if "Oops!" ever figured on that list before the Adele albums made it? I wouldn't be surprised tbh, we love a legend with two classics that outsold entire discographies :yeah: 

I can't believe country music is even popular in Brazil... :shocked:Over here it has some fans but most people are more into alternative rock or indie folk kind of music than they are Shania. ;)

• 3 weeks later...