Melanie Martinez Accused of Rape

Ari

1 hour ago, victorxcx said:

She never said no

But did she say yes? :orly:

She only made things worse for her through this statement. It opens too much interpretations that the events that Timothy said really happened. 

But do you have to explicitly say "yes" to give consent? :orly: 

If I'm in a club grinding on some guy's dick I don't want to have him ask me, "Do you wish to engage in recreational copulative activities with me?" before we have sex. It should be enough that I'm not stopping him from touching me or explicitly saying "no". :dealwithit:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Countess said:

Oh no! I didn't realise that for the hundreds of time I've had sex in my life without signing a contract to say I agree to having sex, I've actually been getting raped. :yeah:

I better Tweet about this ASAP! :hottie: 

Don't make another Las Vegas thread incident happen :sassy:

2 hours ago, Countess said:

But do you have to explicitly say "yes" to give consent? :orly: 

If I'm in a club grinding on some guy's dick I don't want to have him ask me, "Do you wish to engage in recreational copulative activities with me?" before we have sex. It should be enough that I'm not stopping him from touching me or explicitly saying "no". :dealwithit:

This example doesn't relate to the situation at all. Melanie forced and pressured Timothy, she's stated that she's manipulative and she broke her down to get what she wants. Plus she wasn't silent. She repeatedly said "no" which is not consenting, aka rape.. Even if she was silent, that's not consent. If she doesn't want to have sex with her or do things she's not comfortable with she will say she doesn't want to or make up something because she wants it to be over with. All of this is in her statement aswell if you actually read it :spy:

Not plainly saying "yes" is consent, it's agreeing and letting the other person know you're okay with what they're doing, if they're pushing you off it's not consent. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ari said:

The things I've read from her stans is disgusting, I'm not saying they should immediately believe the victim but attacking them and calling them an "attention whore" is just wrong.  
Also, a lot of people are pulling the "a woman can't rape" bullshit :die:

People are refunding her album now, it's what she deserves :spy: 

• YAAASSS 1

11 hours ago, camilacabello said:

This example doesn't relate to the situation at all. Melanie forced and pressured Timothy, she's stated that she's manipulative and she broke her down to get what she wants. Plus she wasn't silent. She repeatedly said "no" which is not consenting, aka rape.. Even if she was silent, that's not consent. If she doesn't want to have sex with her or do things she's not comfortable with she will say she doesn't want to or make up something because she wants it to be over with. All of this is in her statement aswell if you actually read it :spy:

Not plainly saying "yes" is consent, it's agreeing and letting the other person know you're okay with what they're doing, if they're pushing you off it's not consent. 

If the case is really that she said "no", then I agree with you 100%. My response was based on Melanie's reply where she states that "Timothy" apparently never said no to what she was doing. :orly:

I did read the statement as well but a lot of it was difficult to decipher...Charging someone as manipulative is kind of a cop out because where does manipulation start and flirtation end? If a guy pays for dinner expecting to be able to have sex with a girl, is that manipulation? :scamhook: At the end of the day, I don't think it's fair to include psychology when it comes to rape - in most cases, anyway. People have to be strong enough to stand up for themselves and tell others what they want, and you can't then go on to blame the other person for not reading your mind.

That's assuming that Melanie is telling the truth and Timothy didn't say no, of course. :wink:  

• Like 2