Dynasty

hounderawr

10 minutes ago, Skinny Legend said:

We stan a villain with average acting skills and an iconic wardrobe! :yaskween::yaskween::yaskween:

Average acting skills? No. Not Kimberlin. She SLAYS as Sheila. Sheila is one of the most unhinged villains in soap history. I mean, she threatened children and is a boss with a gun.

Though, if you want true daytime royalty, you'll watch Maura West in any of her three daytime roles: Carly Tenney Snyder, Diane Jenkins and Ava Jerome.

Edited by Ruthless Love

On 10/2/2018 at 11:41 PM, Ruthless Love said:

Average acting skills? No. Not Kimberlin. She SLAYS as Sheila. Sheila is one of the most unhinged villains in soap history. I mean, she threatened children and is a boss with a gun.

Though, if you want true daytime royalty, you'll watch Maura West in any of her three daytime roles: Carly Tenney Snyder, Diane Jenkins and Ava Jerome.

Maybe she has good acting skill for soaps, but let's be real: anyone who's OSCAR worthy would have done a Julianne Moore and hightailed it out of there ages ago. :wink: 

On 10/4/2018 at 10:07 AM, Skinny Legend said:

Maybe she has good acting skill for soaps, but let's be real: anyone who's OSCAR worthy would have done a Julianne Moore and hightailed it out of there ages ago. :wink: 

Not everyone wants to go bigger. Sure, I'm sure there is desire, but there are many who do flourish in the daytime medium, and those who look their noses down are missing out.

tumblr_otcth9SVR41v91fhyo3_500.gif

Not to mention, Ms. Moore did return in 2010, prior to the end of As the Worlds Turns, and has always credited that platform for allowing her to be an adult in the acting world when she likely shouldn't have been.

Edited by Ruthless Love

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
18 hours ago, hounderawr said:

It’s really awesome, the only bit I don’t quite understand is how Culhane got setup from that deal - I have to rewatch. 

Fallon cleaning though ?

I'm sure it'll be explained, either by the end of this season or if we get a third, then it'll be explained then. Plus, I'm guessing Dominique Deveraux is coming to town! I wonder who they will cast, because Diahann Carroll is iconic!

Fallon, per usual, is the star of the show! Liz is great as Fallon; she is taking the strength that Pamela Sue Martin had and is intensifying it!

• 2 weeks later...

dynasty.jpg

The CW announced early renewals for 10 of its current series, including the DYNASTY reboot and the dark teen sudser, RIVERDALE. Among the network’s other titles that got picked up are: ARROW, BLACK LIGHTNING, CHARMED, D.C.’S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW, THE FLASH, LEGACIES, SUPERGIRL and going into its 15th season, SUPERNATURAL, starring DAYS vet Jensen Ackles (ex-Eric).

• 4 weeks later...

dynasty-alexis-nicollette-sheridan.jpg

Perhaps it’s time for the Carrington mansion to get fitted for a revolving door?

TVLine has learned exclusively that Nicollette Sheridan is exiting Dynasty after a little over a year of playing Alexis Carrington. In a statement to TVLine, The CW and CBS Television Studios said, “Nicollette Sheridan will be leaving Dynasty in order to focus on some personal family responsibilities. She was a valuable asset to the show and we wish her continued success in the future.”

Sheridan will make her final appearance as Alexis in March and, per an insider, the role may be recast.

Sheridan’s departure represents the third major cast shake-up to rock the reboot in less than a year, following the exits of series regulars Nathalie Kelley (as the original Cristal) and James Mackay (as Steven).

Sheridan joined Dynasty midway through Season 1 as the mother of all troublemakers, succeeding Joan Collins, who popularized the iconic role in the original ABC series. It marked Sheridan’s first major TV gig since her stormy exit from Desperate Housewives in 2009. Prior to her five-season stint on the ABC drama, Sheridan was a series regular on the primetime soap Knots Landing.

Despite modest-at-best ratings, Dynasty has already been renewed for a third season at The CW.