Dynasty

hounderawr

On 12/3/2017 at 9:31 AM, Countess said:

Tbh I agree, mostly because I feel like Alexis's rown hair and English accent is so integral to her character. :stretcher: But it seems the show's taking a lot of liberties as it is so she might fit in. I'm pretty sure the lawsuit got thrown out but she definitely contested it for a fair few years there...

I did a quick Google search, and it popped up this information: when she first filed, it resulted in a hung jury, so she filed another suit, and the courts dismissed it. Her lawyer said they planned on appealing the decision, but so far, nothing has come up.

On 03/12/2017 at 2:49 PM, Countess said:

I'm surprised she's managed to land another regular role in a drama after what went down on Desperate Housewives...But now that she's joining, and as Alexis no less, I might have to give this show another chance. ;)

I like her but I agree, theres better actresses out there for the role.

On 04/12/2017 at 12:46 AM, Ruthless Love said:

Not going to lie, there are other actresses I would have cast as Alexis. I'm not quite sure Nicollette is right for the role, especially after what went down at Desperate Housewives. Did that case ever get settled or is she still pursuing it?

What happened with Desperate Housewives? That show is amaaazing.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, hounderawr said:

What happened with Desperate Housewives? That show is amaaazing.

From THR:

At the center of the lawsuit is a 2008 incident between the actress and the show's creator, Marc Cherry. She claims he hit her in the head during an argument on set and he later apologized. According to court documents, her lawyer notified Touchstone Television of the incident but didn't request that any action be taken against Cherry.

Sheridan claims Cherry killed off her fictional character on the show in retaliation for her complaints about the altercation. She first filed suit against Cherry, ABC, Disney and Touchstone in 2010, which eventually ended in a mistrial.

She later filed this lawsuit claiming Touchstone violated Labor Code Section 6310, which allows an employee to seek damages if he or she is terminated, threatened or discriminated against for complaining about unsafe working conditions.

Touchstone argued that Sheridan couldn't prove she made a formal complaint about the working conditions or that the company didn't exercise its option to extend her contract because of any such complaint. The company also says the decision was made to kill off Sheridan's character months before the run-in with Cherry.

On 05/12/2017 at 9:08 AM, Ruthless Love said:

I did a quick Google search, and it popped up this information: when she first filed, it resulted in a hung jury, so she filed another suit, and the courts dismissed it. Her lawyer said they planned on appealing the decision, but so far, nothing has come up.

I'm sure Edie would have a lot to say about a hung jury... :wink:

On 06/12/2017 at 5:20 PM, hounderawr said:

oh geez, no she got killed off when she needed to be :awkwardney:

she was nothing but like a big flirt on DH, admittedly she had a good character but the main characters were the 4 main girls. my fav was Gabrielle.

Gabrielle is a queen! :yaskween: And her obese daughter is the true star of the show. <3

• 2 months later...

I probably would never have given this topic one thought to be honest.  As I was never a fan of the series.  But as I was doing my normal web surfing the other night, I came across this weird and somewhat interesting site complete with a butt load of TV theme songs.  And lo and behold what do I find?   Yup.  You guessed it.  The theme song to the original series. 

For you listening pleasure. - If you can call it that - I present to you......the 1980's original Dynasty Theme song.  :D:lol:.....:cackle:

04 Theme from Dynasty.mp3

• Like 1

On 3/4/2018 at 3:11 AM, Whoknowsmehere said:

I probably would never have given this topic one thought to be honest.  As I was never a fan of the series.  But as I was doing my normal web surfing the other night, I came across this weird and somewhat interesting site complete with a butt load of TV theme songs.  And lo and behold what do I find?   Yup.  You guessed it.  The theme song to the original series. 

For you listening pleasure. - If you can call it that - I present to you......the 1980's original Dynasty Theme song.  :D:lol:.....:cackle:

04 Theme from Dynasty.mp3

yas slay

• Like 1

dynasty-ratings-low-1x15.jpg?w=620&h=419

The CW’s Dynasty this week drew 680,000 total viewers while slipping a precious tenth to the almost mythical 0.1. demo rating, marking a new series low with its second Friday outing.

The ignominious milestone — previously only reached by The CW’s own Cult* circa March 2013, the blogger @betagirl96 points out — came opposite March Madness coverage, which proved a bit stronger in the demo (1.2) than CBS’ usual Friday fare. (*Among in-season primetime broadcast-TV shows)

Leading out of DynastyJane the Virgin (620K/0.2) was steady in the demo.

TVLine

dynasty.jpg

The CW has renewed DYNASTY for the 2018-19 season, reports deadline.com. The ’80s reboot, which stars soap alums Grant Show (Blake; ex-Rick, RYAN’S HOPE et al) and Nicollette Sheridan (Alexis; ex-Paige, KNOTS LANDING), recently made the move to Friday night. Also getting a pickup? SUPERNATURAL, starring DAYS alum Jensen Ackles (ex-Eric), which will mark its 14th season, and RIVERDALE, which features ALL MY CHILDREN’s Mark Consuelos (ex-Mateo), which will see its third year on the network.

Soap Opera Digest