Dynasty

hounderawr

2 hours ago, Countess said:

I just got around to watching the first episode of this, and holy shit, I thought it was so bad... :shocked: It's like they took the stupidest tropes of a soap opera and mixed them with the dumbest traits of a teen drama. The plot was silly, the characters were unrelatable and the action was cheesy af. :stretcher: I'll give it a few more episodes before I completely write it off but I'm not impressed at all atm...

Aww, I liked it! Although I haven't seen the original, so maybe that's why? The second ep dropped yesterday, amazing too roffle.

Spoiler

The Part where Krystal pushes Fallon into the grave and Fallon screams out "Your going to wish you killed me after that" and returns to the funeral in a red dress.

• 2 weeks later...

If it weren't for the catfights I would've dropped this show after the first episode :stretcher: that being said, the fights are amazing to watch :cackle:

The grave push :cackle:

Fallon's constant sex jokes :cackle:

Dragging Sammy Jo for litterally doing nothing :cackle:

Just every scene with Fallon and Cristal tbh :cackle:

3 hours ago, Hanelts said:

The grave push :cackle:

Fallon's constant sex jokes :cackle:

Dragging Sammy Jo for litterally doing nothing :cackle:

Just every scene with Fallon and Cristal tbh :cackle:

oh I knowwww, and the wedding dress where Fallon comes in and bites her head off the wedding topper then rips her dress roffle

1 hour ago, Countess said:

I agree with you...The remake would be a lot more successful if they embraced these cheesy one-liners a little more and stopped trying to appeal to a teen audience. :hottie: 

Unfortunately, that's the downfall of The CW. They appeal to a teen and young "early 20's" type of audience, and Dynasty is not meant to be that watered down type of series.

• 2 weeks later...

DYN_Nicollette_Sheridan_0001r.jpg

Nicollette Sheridan, best known as KNOTS LANDING’s Paige, has been hired to play the iconic role of Alexis Carrington on The CW’s reboot of DYNASTY. The role, first made famous by Joan Collins, is the ex-wife of Blake and mother of Fallon and Steven and is sure to shake things up when she hits town. Sheridan was last seen in prime-time soaps as Wisteria Lane’s promiscuous Edie Britt on DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES from 2004-09.

Soap Opera Digest

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Countess said:

I'm surprised she's managed to land another regular role in a drama after what went down on Desperate Housewives...But now that she's joining, and as Alexis no less, I might have to give this show another chance. ;)

Not going to lie, there are other actresses I would have cast as Alexis. I'm not quite sure Nicollette is right for the role, especially after what went down at Desperate Housewives. Did that case ever get settled or is she still pursuing it?

34 minutes ago, Ruthless Love said:

Not going to lie, there are other actresses I would have cast as Alexis. I'm not quite sure Nicollette is right for the role, especially after what went down at Desperate Housewives. Did that case ever get settled or is she still pursuing it?

Tbh I agree, mostly because I feel like Alexis's rown hair and English accent is so integral to her character. :stretcher: But it seems the show's taking a lot of liberties as it is so she might fit in. I'm pretty sure the lawsuit got thrown out but she definitely contested it for a fair few years there...