J-Pop Icon Namie Amuro Announces Retirement From Music

Capsule

6 hours ago, Countess said:

@choke, you're wrong for comparing female artists...

But @Capsule, you're a SATANIC WHORE for abusing KPP like that! :tanya::tanya::tanya: How dare you insult the Queen of J-Pop and the Mayor of Harajuku like that? She's the most creative J-Pop artist ever and a true icon!

There's only one Queen of Hip-Pop and it's Namie Amuro. Period.

Screen Shot 2017-11-03 at 12.55.39.png

• YAAASSS 1

On 9/30/2017 at 4:06 AM, Countess said:

The only song I've ever really liked from her is 'Come', but I'll be sad on behalf of her fans to watch her go! I'm lowkey hoping for them that she'll do a Cher and make a comeback a decade from now or something. Is her run in pop music the longest one we have for a female in Japan tho? I feel like over there it's very much a young person's game so the fact she's done so well up until age 40 is great!

AGREED.

Queens of Japan will be remembered forever.

Utada Hikaru, Namie Amuro, Koda Kumi, AI, Anna Tsuchiya & "BoA" (yeah she's korean) <3

• Like 2

• 8 months later...
On 11/3/2017 at 4:12 PM, Capsule said:

don't get me wrong sis, i enjoy myself some kyary but i only speak truth.

if ponponpon never happened, no one would care!

Hasn't every artist had a breakthrough hit that no one would care about otherwise? :orly: That's like saying that if 'The Way' never happened then no one would care about Ari!

On 11/3/2017 at 10:54 PM, jlnsgr said:

There's only one Queen of Hip-Pop and it's Namie Amuro. Period.

Screen Shot 2017-11-03 at 12.55.39.png

That's because Hip-Pop is a made-up genre you buffoon! :tanya:

That's like calling Natalia the Queen of Dark Pop or Melanie the Queen of Pedophile R&B! I'm not falling for it! :vacuum: 

• 1 month later...

She officially had her last show yesterday... :'( 

amuronamie_0915live_4_fixw_640_hq.jpg

Today, Namie left a message on her official website thanking fans for their undying support over the past 25 years. She acknowledged the various emotions her fans felt when she announced her retirement, but hoped that there would be all smiles in the end. Namie is glad to have been a singer who deeply touched the hearts of her fans for the past 25 years, and for that, she is filled with gratitude.

Following her announcement, it was announced that Namie’s official website, fanclub, online store, and FaceBook page would shut down on September 30.

Namie then left a follow up message, this time addressed to the media. She thanked them for their support during the course her career, but asked that they refrain from bombarding her family and staff with interview requests.

I still don't think I've even heard a single song of hers, but seeing the public reception to her and how upset her fans are makes me sad! When I was in Japan recently her face was everywhere and it was so cool to see how the whole country was so proud and supportive of her. I hope her fans are okay and that she lives a happy, comfortable life outside of the music industry. <3 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2018 at 6:21 AM, Skinny Legend said:

She officially had her last show yesterday... :'( 

I still don't think I've even heard a single song of hers, but seeing the public reception to her and how upset her fans are makes me sad! When I was in Japan recently her face was everywhere and it was so cool to see how the whole country was so proud and supportive of her. I hope her fans are okay and that she lives a happy, comfortable life outside of the music industry. <3 

it's never too late to stan

• 1 month later...
On 9/26/2018 at 4:38 AM, Capsule said:

it's never too late to stan

Did they delete some of her music videos from YouTube? I sense a Greatest Hits DVD coming out!  :cackle: 'Alive' is pretty good though, I definitely could have bopped to this back in like 2010. And 'Heaven' is a cute little 90s bop, that breakdown is iconic. Is all of her stuff this dance-oriented?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2018 at 11:18 AM, Skinny Legend said:

Did they delete some of her music videos from YouTube? I sense a Greatest Hits DVD coming out!  :cackle: 'Alive' is pretty good though, I definitely could have bopped to this back in like 2010. And 'Heaven' is a cute little 90s bop, that breakdown is iconic. Is all of her stuff this dance-oriented?

She deleted all her official social media because she wanted to fully step out of the limelight, so a lot of the officially uploaded videos are gone now.

All of her stuff isn't this dance-oriented, but her more recent projects have been. She's done many genres, though!