Ella Henderson - Second Album

sadboy

Just now, Ari said:

It's honestly the best thing that'll happen to her, Syco are a shit show and treat their artists like dirt on a shoe and use them for money to push new flops they're trying to make into a thing.
She hasn't released much recently despite wanting to meaning it's been something behind the scenes stopping her which is more than likely her label which is why she left.

If only Little Mix could do the same as well as every other artist on their label then that'd be amazing. Despise Syco big time

It's definitely something behind the scenes. I know people who went to the special thing she did for fans last year and it was all planned, the date was ready but nothing happened. i was talking to them the day it got announced and they were like the date is long gone, she told us everything was planned, the tour, the single release and then the album but i guess that isn't happening. HATE SYCO now!!

Just now, SeanKevinMusic said:

It's definitely something behind the scenes. I know people who went to the special thing she did for fans last year and it was all planned, the date was ready but nothing happened. i was talking to them the day it got announced and they were like the date is long gone, she told us everything was planned, the tour, the single release and then the album but i guess that isn't happening. HATE SYCO now!!

They're disgusting and so many of their artists know it and know they can get better, some have balls to speak up and leave, others don't and just sit there either thinking it's normal or not wanting to cause disruption/feel they want to leave the label that gave them what they have today (Little Mix IMO)
The way they treat Little Mix is such a mess, they overwork them and use them as a piggy bank but can't be bothered to give them promo or a break. 
LM5 is going to be their last album and they'll pull a 1D and go on a break, bookmark me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ari said:

They're disgusting and so many of their artists know it and know they can get better, some have balls to speak up and leave, others don't and just sit there either thinking it's normal or not wanting to cause disruption/feel they want to leave the label that gave them what they have today (Little Mix IMO)
The way they treat Little Mix is such a mess, they overwork them and use them as a piggy bank but can't be bothered to give them promo or a break. 
LM5 is going to be their last album and they'll pull a 1D and go on a break, bookmark me.

I agree!! i can totally see it happening!! like they need a serious break! they are always touring, recording, writing like... give them a break!

On 3/2/2018 at 9:53 AM, dannyboixo said:

I hope she doesn’t wait too long for the second album, Syco are awful! They lost Leona Lewis and now Ella! They’ve still got Tamera Foster as well and she was signed back in 2013 and released nothing! :die:

I don't think Tamera is with them anymore, weren't there rumours of her being dropped and she has also removed Syco from her Twitter header?

2 hours ago, I2You said:

I don't think Tamera is with them anymore, weren't there rumours of her being dropped and she has also removed Syco from her Twitter header?

Just looked into this and she was dropped ??‍♀️ Ffs, why spend 4 years creating her sound and being in the studio to not release a thing! Apparently she’s recently been in the studio with Naughty Boy, I just want to hear at least one song from her! 

On 3/1/2018 at 6:48 PM, SeanKevinMusic said:

Sorry haven't been able to update this, thanks for posting.

I didn't want to believe it as you all know she is my favorite artist. But i have to see it as a new beginning. They really did her wrong.

She has a publishing deal with Sony ATV so she technically owns the rights to the songs but the record label (SYCO) own the Sound Recordings. so i don't know if she will still be able to release the album on a new label or have to start again.

She hasn't been online or posted anything, she must be very upset about it all. or trying to secure a new deal. Even her post a couple of days before it happened about her cannot waiting to get back on the stage, i just can't understand it. They made a huge mistake. But look what happened to James Arthur, after he was dropped, got big again and they wanted him back.

Unless they own the recordings, they can either release them to her or she'll have to re-record them, unless Syco owns them, which means she is fucked. This whole situation, to me, is fucked because Ella was a major player for Syco and she achieved international success. Here is to hoping she finds a label that cares for her. I'm hoping she steers clear from Sony Music, and maybe goes for Warner Music's Atlantic. They'd be great for her.

On 3/1/2018 at 7:23 PM, Ari said:

It's honestly the best thing that'll happen to her, Syco are a shit show and treat their artists like dirt on a shoe and use them for money to push new flops they're trying to make into a thing.
She hasn't released much recently despite wanting to meaning it's been something behind the scenes stopping her which is more than likely her label which is why she left.

If only Little Mix could do the same as well as every other artist on their label then that'd be amazing. Despise Syco big time

Had this been a few years ago, I'd agree with you. But, for the time being, Syco is doing great things for Little Mix now that 1D aren't signed to the label. Shame their deal with Columbia ended, though!

33 minutes ago, Ruthless Love said:

Had this been a few years ago, I'd agree with you. But, for the time being, Syco is doing great things for Little Mix now that 1D aren't signed to the label. Shame their deal with Columbia ended, though!

I'd have to disagree.
They might have stepped up a small bit compared to what they used to be like however it's really really poor. They're overworking the girls to the max (Jade and Perrie literally cried on stage in December because their voices are strained) Not to mention they dish out singles every 5 minutes and give it zero promo or focus outwith which Jade has commented on over NMSS. 
They have too much control over them (of course it's their label and they're "the boss" but they changed SLS from an LGBT anthem to a heterosexual mess by adding Jason Derulo and Jade fought for the original as the single with the MV featuring it since she's very vocal about the LGBTQ community)
The girls have thrown sly digs at it under Instagram comments because they know they're being overworked and can get better because the fans keep preaching it to them and they're starting to realise, they've literally tried to crack America about 4 times now but they don't go full in, the USA tour last year with Ariana could have been so much more had Syco got their finger out their arse and actually did more than what they did.

Then again this opinion from me might because I like them highly much and they are one of my two favourite artists and I see everything that happens and is been said, however that could be the same for you for all I know.

EDIT
This isn't me snapping at you or anything I just really hate Syco lol

On 3/2/2018 at 11:17 AM, victorxcx said:

This and Mirror Man are her best songs :yaskween: You should check the latter, i can totally hear xtina doing it :fishie: 

You're so right, I can totally hear Legend X's voice on this song... :yaskween: She really needs to do a James Bond theme, she'd do so much better than Sam Smith! :vacuum: 

• YAAASSS 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/03/2018 at 1:25 PM, Lelewlovebird said:

she still hasn’t addressed anything :/

I really hope she didn’t lose the 3 1/2 years or so of material

Idk much about Ella, but she doesn't seem like the kind of person who has a super close relationship with her fans. I'm not surprised she wouldn't let them in on what's happening behind the scenes. :/

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/3/2018 at 3:11 PM, I2You said:

Any update from Ella? I think she should try getting on a few feature tracks just now until she can get her own material sorted. 

She’s been in the studio! Writing with/for other artists!

• Like 1