#PopHatesFlops YouTube Channel

Main Pop Girl

PHF has had a YouTube channel for a while now but we rarely use it other than to post the occasional song snippet or news story. Today, we've finally revamped our channel with an entirely new layout and name and our first upload!

The first video is part of a new series we're working on called 'Unheard Of' where we'll spill the tea on your favourite popstars albums, songs and other projects which went unreleased for whatever reason. The first unreleased project we're looking at is Lady Gaga's ARTPOP: Act II album, and we've worked really hard on researching and editing to make sure that all our information is accurate and that our tea is piping!

Don't forget to subscribe to our channel here and like and comment on the video below. If you guys would be able to help in any way by promoting the video (either on Twitter, Facebook or other pop music forums like GagaDaily) I would really appreciate it as well!

And if you have any suggestions for other 'Unheard Of' subjects you'd like us to do a video on, let me know down below. We're thinking The Original Doll next?

Thank you as always for your support! <3 

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, mceyedol said:

Great job. This was informative, engaging and interesting. I never knew there were sooo many tracks recorded.

I do remember being pissed at the time that NO exclusive tracks where put on the app tough. T4P xx

Thank you so much for your support! <3

I was super pissed about the app as well, especially because she waited until (literally) the last minute to announce it was cancelled. :vacuum: We were counting that shit down for months and she just came in at the end and cancelled it all!

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, Countess said:

I was super pissed about the app as well, especially because she waited until (literally) the last minute to announce it was cancelled. :vacuum: We were counting that shit down for months and she just came in at the end and cancelled it all!

giphy.gif

What I hate is how the second her manager split from her she just went dead on all the projects like the app, no mention of them no news even if it was just Bobby clearing things up. That was when the era truly fell apart for me, I felt like the connection between us (the fans) and her was severed and my interest nosedived.

As for the video I really liked the approach you took, no unnecessary filler space and I learnt stuff I didn't even know about an album I thought up until now I was obsessed with :stretcher: 

On 2/24/2017 at 2:25 AM, Woodcrest said:

What I hate is how the second her manager split from her she just went dead on all the projects like the app, no mention of them no news even if it was just Bobby clearing things up. That was when the era truly fell apart for me, I felt like the connection between us (the fans) and her was severed and my interest nosedived.

As for the video I really liked the approach you took, no unnecessary filler space and I learnt stuff I didn't even know about an album I thought up until now I was obsessed with :stretcher: 

RIGHT? :vacuum: The sequel, the app and the documentary were all just quietly shelved after years of teasing...I could have dealt with it if she'd at least owned up to it like she did with 'Partynauseous' but she just left us high and dry. :'( 

And omg, thank you so much! :yaskween: The next video should be better because I'll hopefully have more than two music videos to work with... :vacuum:  You better post it on GagaDaily for me, I tried but I don't have enough posts to make a topic yet. :stretcher: 

Nice video. I'm impressed, well done. I had no idea she planned to release a part 2 of Artpop, hearing Brooklyn Nights makes me feel gutted it never went ahead, that track is great. I'll definitely check out the others songs mentioned in the video that leaked. A Leona Lewis video would be good, it would be interesting to have her career analysed as she's another one with a lot of potential and a string of brilliant leaked tracks and missed opportunities.

15 hours ago, spicyhot said:

Nice video. I'm impressed, well done. I had no idea she planned to release a part 2 of Artpop, hearing Brooklyn Nights makes me feel gutted it never went ahead, that tracks is great. I'll definitely check out the others songs mentioned in the video that leaked. A Leona Lewis video would be good, it would be interesting to have her career analysed as she's another one with a lot of potential and a string of brilliant leaked tracks and missed opportunities.

Thanks so much boo! <3 You should definitely check out 'PARTYNAUSEOUS', that's one of my fave unreleased songs from her, it's better than half of ARTPOP imo! :hail: Leona is actually a great idea, I'm just not sure she has a specific project I could talk about...Maybe 'Hit Singles Leona Lewis Missed Out On' and we can include 'We Found Love', 'Burn' and all those other songs she demoed but never ended up releasing. ;) 

3 hours ago, Countess said:

Leona is actually a great idea, I'm just not sure she has a specific project I could talk about...Maybe 'Hit Singles Leona Lewis Missed Out On' and we can include 'We Found Love', 'Burn' and all those other songs she demoed but never ended up releasing. ;) 

That's a good idea. You can also analyse some of the leaked tracks from 2009. How some of these didn't make an album I'll never know.

I feel that We Found Love just screams Leona. It would be interesting to see how her career would have panned out if she released this instead of Collide even though I think Collide is a great track. 

1 hour ago, spicyhot said:

That's a good idea. You can also analyse some of the leaked tracks from 2009. How some of these didn't make an album I'll never know.

I feel that We Found Love just screams Leona. It would be interesting to see how her career would have paned out if she released this instead of Collide even though I think Collide is a great track. 

I completely agree! 'We Found Love' and 'Burn' are totally her style imo. 'Collide' was a good track too but the whole mess with Avicii was so unprofessional and looked so bad, I can't believe her label would do that. :stretcher: 

What other tracks did she pass on? I have 'We Found Love', 'Burn', 'Halo' (kinda) and 'Mountains' although that's hardly a hit...

1 hour ago, Countess said:

I completely agree! 'We Found Love' and 'Burn' are totally her style imo. 'Collide' was a good track too but the whole mess with Avicii was so unprofessional and looked so bad, I can't believe her label would do that. :stretcher: 

What other tracks did she pass on? I have 'We Found Love', 'Burn', 'Halo' (kinda) and 'Mountains' although that's hardly a hit...

That's as much as I know too but I didn't know about Halo. What's the story behind that?

5 minutes ago, spicyhot said:

That's as much as I know too but I didn't know about Halo. What's the story behind that?

It's not too much of a story tbh, apparently Ryan wrote it for Bey but she waited a while before releasing it so he sent it to Leona's camp. I'm pretty sure Leona didn't have time to record a demo at that point and by the time she did Bey had already officially claimed it and went on to make it a hit! It's a shame tho because it would have been perfect for Leona's voice imo.

On 26-2-2017 at 2:14 PM, Countess said:

All of Me (John Legend) was originally a collab before John released it solo.. 

Also, I don't know the story of Impossible (Shontelle) and What Doesn't Kill You (Stronger) (Kelly Clarkson) but they were apparently for Leona too.

Blank Page is also something she didn't get in the end. Not a hit for Christina, but Leona's version has more emotion which makes me think it could have been a hit for her..

Archived