Latest Updates

Main Pop Girl

Been doing a lot of work on the site lately so I'm making this thread to let you know about all the new updates we're adding regularly!

August 3rd, 2017:

• Promoted content: @Tweener and I now have the ability to promote content on Facebook and Twitter simply and easily, so you can expect a lot more of your forum posts to be seen on social media! All of the posts we share will also get added to 'Our Picks', which is a new section at the top of the page which highlights our favourite posts.
  • Reactions: You can now react to posts Facebook-style. Instead of just liking or disliking posts, you can be angry, sad or confused. However, your reputation (the number in your profile showing how many likes or dislikes you have) will only be determined by liking or disliking something. I'll be adding and changing the reactions over the next few days so stay tuned to see what emotions we add! ;) 
  • You can now log in or sign up with your Facebook or Twitter account, as well as share your new posts to these social medias easily.
  • The Leaderboard section up the top of the page has been reconfigured and added to.
  • Activity Streams have been reconfigured.
  • Embedding has been improved.
  • Overall layout changes.
  • This isn't an update, but could y'all let me know what you think about all the header images we have? ;) I find them kind of boring at this point so if anyone has any new images they'd like to add just let me know!

February 17th, 2017:

• Added the ability to dislike posts and changed the buttons used to like and dislike
  • Leaderboard has now been introduced to show the users with the most liked posts
  • The news section has been completely redesigned to look more professional and graphical
  • Added quite a few new embed providers
    • codepen.io
    • coub.com
    • deviantart.com
    • docs.com
    • funnyordie.com
    • gettyimages.com
    • iFixit.com
    • imgur
    • kickstarter.com
    • meetup.com
    • mixcloud.com
    • mix.office.com
    • on.aol.com
    • reddit.com
    • reverbnation.com
    • screencast.com
    • screenr.com
    • slideshare.net
    • smugmug.com
    • ustream.tv
    • Google Maps
  • Images embedded in the editor can now have a title set in case the image does not show
  • Display name history is now available on profile view (@jlnsgr ;))
  • Auto-saved content in the editor will now expire after 48 hours
  • If you load an editor that has previous auto-saved content you will now be prompted to keep or remove it
  • You can now hold down your mouse to edit titles if you have permission
  • Escape key will now cancel quick-edit on titles
  • You can now press ctrl/cmd+enter in any editor window to submit the reply
  • You can now quickly edit tags when viewing an item without having to edit it if you have permission
  • If you are using multiple devices to login to a site you will be less likely to be logged out
  • Password strength rating will show when you change your password
  • Security Questions have been added for account security
  • When a member changes their email or password they now get an email confirmation to avoid hackers
  • Guests must now agree to the terms of service
  • We will now prevent double-posting when the initial post encounters an error on submit (@asexualguy)
  • Members automatically follow content they start or reply to. Members can optionally override this
  • The editor will now show a message if a link that can be embedded (image, video, etc.) failed to embed for some reason
  • When a member is banned/suspended the system now shows a more friendly page with information on their ban. Previously it showed a permission denied page
  • Remember me will now keep you logged in for 90 days rather than 7 days
  • Adds a "More Colors" option to the color dropdown in the editor.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived