Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

Just now, Aftershock088 said:

How do you guys know which tracks are from which sessions and stuff? I don’t really mind whether I mix them up or not, I’m just finding it difficult to find a good order of tracklists for an ‘album’ or two. Also, I’m intrigued to hear what the full version of ‘Welcome To The World’ sounds like. 

Personally, i take some info as speculation.

But I think it´s because of what was written on the white board.

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, Charlie91xo said:

How are you all organising her songs at this point please?

I keep my 'albums' of hers depending on the year/era. I have:

• One for the 2005-2009 material (Mine, You Won't Have Me, Thunder, OG Love Spell and Worst In Me etc)
  • One for 2011-12 (The Rules of Attraction, Surrender, I Dare You, If That's Love, Diamonds, Good Day 4 Love, Gold Dust and sorts)
  • The Epic album (the songs usually discussed here)
  • A 2015-2017 featuring the Bombastic EP and other songs like Restless, I Can (Totally) Do This, In the Wild, Speed of Light, Hallelujah, Always on My Mind, Catching Feelings, etc.
  • And a 2018 EP featuring Thorns, Mad Mad World, a couple more of her last singles (not all, a few are plain bad) and the two newest leaks (I Still Can Dance and Stay Lonely Get Paid).

My Bonnie folder needs an updating but that's like the main division. I'm still trying to make a Bonnie masterpost divided by eras, but I'd prefer to wait until the Epic sessions leak completely (at least those circulating) before moving a finger - otherwise I'd have to rearrange more than once.

Edited by Moonchild

6 hours ago, Moonchild said:

I keep my 'albums' of hers depending on the year/era. I have:

• One for the 2005-2006(?) material (Mine, You Won't Have Me, Thunder, OG Love Spell and Worst In Me etc)
  • One for 2011 (The Rules of Attraction, Surrender, I Dare You, If That's Love and sorts)
  • 2012 (Diamonds, Good Day 4 Love, Gold Dust and sorts)
  • The Epic album (the songs usually discussed here)
  • A 2015-2017 featuring the Bombastic EP and other songs like Restless, I Can (Totally) Do This, In the Wild, Speed of Light, Hallelujah, Always on My Mind, etc.
  • And a 2018 EP featuring Thorns, Mad Mad World, a couple more of her last singles (not all, a few are plain bad) and the two newest leaks (I Still Can Dance and Stay Lonely Get Paid).

My Bonnie folder needs an updating but that's like the main division. I'm still trying to make a Bonnie masterpost divided by eras, but I'd prefer to wait until the Epic sessions leak completely (at least those circulating) before moving a finger - otherwise I'd have to rearrange more than once.

Mine is such an enigma. The director leaked the music video in 2009 but I'm pretty sure it was filmed way before that. I always assumed that it was meant for her second album in 2005-2006(?) with Reprise Records but she ended up being dropped. Without You is another song I would add to that session.

I think that What He Did to Me is from 2008 since Shea Fisher released that song a year later. You Won't Have Me was probably recorded during the same time since they both have country music vibes.

Thunder, Love Spell & Worst in Me are from 2009 when she used to upload songs on Myspace.

If That's Love was included in a CSI Miami episode in 2010 with Lucy Hale singing that song.

Speaking of that TV show, in 2009, Bonnie herself was featured in an episode of CSI New York in which she sang To Find You which was later given to Lea Michele in 2014.

And how do you know that Diamonds is from 2012? I always assumed it was from the 2015-2016 sessions since it leaked alongside songs like Restless & Hallelujah.

I've been trying to sort out all of her songs but pretty much everything is based on assumptions tbh :awkwardney:

Edited by nanapop99
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, nanapop99 said:

Mine is such an enigma. The director leaked the music video in 2009 but I'm pretty sure it was filmed way before that. I always assumed that it was meant for her second album in 2005-2006(?) with Reprise Records but she ended up being dropped. Without You is another song I would add to that session.

I think that What He Did to Me is from 2008 since Shea Fisher released that song a year later. You Won't Have Me was probably recorded during the same time since they both have country music vibes.

Thunder, Love Spell & Worst in Me are from 2009 when she used to upload songs on Myspace.

If That's Love was included in a CSI Miami episode in 2010 with Lucy Hale singing that song.

Speaking of that TV show, in 2009, Bonnie herself was featured in an episode of CSI New York in which she sang To Find You which was later given to Lea Michele in 2014.

And how do you know that Diamonds is from 2012? I always assumed it was from the 2015-2016 sessions since it leaked alongside songs like Restless & Hallelujah.

I've been trying to sort out all of her songs but pretty much everything is based on assumptions tbh :awkwardney:

Yeah, this makes more sense.

4 hours ago, nanapop99 said:

Lol, I mistyped the Mine bunch. I meant 2005-2009, but you're right.

And for Diamonds I thought it belonged to the same bunch as Rules, Surrender and the others, but still I'm not really sure. For many Bonnie songs I just arrange them by how they sound sonically. I may totally be wrong but anyways.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Moonchild said:

Lol, I mistyped the Mine bunch. I meant 2005-2009, but you're right.

And for Diamonds I thought it belonged to the same bunch as Rules, Surrender and the others, but still I'm not really sure. For many Bonnie songs I just arrange them by how they sound sonically. I may totally be wrong but anyways.

I'm keeping the Bombastic EP seperate but it will be included on my BMK playlist as the starter course. Then the main album with HC and F21 (when they leak) and then all the other tracks like Mirage, Hitman, Outlaw, etc as a sort of Fame Monster / Paradise type companion piece (when they do leak).

• Like 1
  • YAAASSS 1

1 hour ago, LVD said:

Thanks! 🙂 My collection of her stuff is so scattered, in varying quality. Could you link me to your masterpost, once you upload it? 🙏

Sure! In case I forgot don't be afraid to remind me about it, I keep forgetting about things usually lol. But gladly I'll tag you in it!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Moonchild said:

same!! 

• Cypher changed the title to Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)