Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

The single cover is really cool! SLAY isn't my favourite song form her if I'm being honest but I can see why she'd want to release it as a lead single. Best of luck to her!

20 hours ago, wordswithsam said:

I think Bonnie deserves to be added to the PHF banner image up top. I mean, our impact!!

She's already on there! Click this button in the top right of the toolbar up the top of your screen.

image.png

Then click on the #Flopstars banner to change your theme to that. Bonnie is front and centre on that banner!

• Like 4
  • Shook 2

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Dax Diameter said:

To be fair, these posts have been up for different time periods. There is also (always) a discrepancy in view count between ‘story’ type posts and those published as main profile posts.

As one of Bonnie’s main fans on here, you could have made more of an effort to express a positive take at this very delicate moment in time for both Bonnie and her career.

Life has two kinds of people, drains and radiators. We should all be making a concerted effort to work together on social media to be the latter (not the former), situational optics are everything!

You are such a troll it’s hilarious 💀

These posts were all made within’ a day of each other, and her videos have a common pattern of doing very well, or not so well. I’m only mentioning it because so many people saw the other video and were begging for a pre-save and release, just for her to turn around and give them it, and have those tiktok’s not do as well. And she even asked us not to let her down herself.

I’m not even gonna waste my time replying to the rest. Find something more productive to do with your day.

Edited by izzzyyy
  • Like 1

Anyway placing focus on what’s important, Bonnie has finally found a way to out-manoeuvre the white, straight male patriarchy of Brandon Cobb and Scott Seviour and as good Gays, this is a day to rejoice.

Remember to pre-save the single, light a candle, pray to Jesus, cast a spell that Bonnie is now finally at the very edge of becoming the big pop girl that we all know she has the potential to be, have each individually dreamt of her being and ultimately know is in her destiny to become:

https://vyd.co/BonnieMckeeSlay

Edited by Dax Diameter
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Leaving said:

The single cover is really cool! SLAY isn't my favourite song form her if I'm being honest but I can see why she'd want to release it as a lead single. Best of luck to her!

She's already on there! Click this button in the top right of the toolbar up the top of your screen.

image.png

Then click on the #Flopstars banner to change your theme to that. Bonnie is front and centre on that banner!

OMG thank you, that's amazing!!

• Love 1

TBH, anything that gets Bonnie any kind of positive exposure, whether that be on social media or spreading the word amongst your friendship group irl.

It is not necessarily a bad angle for Bonnie if a journalist draws people’s attention to the fact a certain other person’s hits/ tunes dried up when Bonnie decided to stop working with that other person.

It could be spun as.. “Do you want more of that good stuff? Well, here finally is the source.. this time, with her own voice attached to the end product”.

The other individual’s bank account is never not going to be healthy, on account of a TV career.

Besides, we absolutely know and do not blame another artist for the situation Bonnie found herself in.

However, the shit that other artist’s manager pulled behind the scenes cannot and should not be forgiven.

I absolutely would not be suggesting we resort to being this real, if we had the luxury of another, equally sharp angle to pull from.

It’s not about politics, it’s about nurturing a rich pool of melody and talent, helping her find her own voice and reach her full potential, one that we all believe in.

Edited by Dax Diameter

43 minutes ago, Dax Diameter said:

TBH, anything that gets Bonnie any kind of positive exposure, whether that be on social media or spreading the word amongst your friendship group irl.

It is not necessarily a bad angle for Bonnie if a journalist draws people’s attention to the fact a certain other person’s hits/ tunes dried up when Bonnie decided to stop working with that other person.

It could be spun as.. “Do you want more of that good stuff? Well, here finally is the source.. this time, with her own voice attached to the end product”.

The other individual’s bank account is never not going to be healthy, on account of a TV career.

Besides, we absolutely know and do not blame another artist for the situation Bonnie found herself in.

However, the shit that other artist’s manager pulled behind the scenes cannot and should not be forgiven.

I absolutely would not be suggesting we resort to being this real, if we had the luxury of another, equally sharp angle to pull from.

It’s not about politics, it’s about nurturing a rich pool of melody and talent, helping her find her own voice and reach her full potential, one that we all believe in.

That's a juicy angle but I think we'd want to be careful so as not to sour any potential future collaborations. If that narrative is out there, it's human nature for the large artist to buck the suggestion that their success was not truly their own and never work with them again out of spite.

One way I've alway tried to make people understand the quality of this album is describing at "Teenage Dream pt. 2 that no one has ever heard." Another thought I had is that there's been a recent resurgence in the popularity of dance music, not like what was on the radio in early 2010s but still. I think we are just now rounding the corner to a place where we can think back on the early 2010s with nostalgia and this album fits nicely into the narrative of that. 

I think we should keep talking about this, find a clear angle that really feels timely, develop a list of smaller (probably gay) pubs and podcasts and YouTubers that Bonnie has a chance of being covered by/hosted on, and send pitches/start politely pressuring them on socials.

50 minutes ago, Jennys Girlfriend said:

That's a juicy angle but I think we'd want to be careful so as not to sour any potential future collaborations. If that narrative is out there, it's human nature for the large artist to buck the suggestion that their success was not truly their own and never work with them again out of spite.

One way I've alway tried to make people understand the quality of this album is describing at "Teenage Dream pt. 2 that no one has ever heard." Another thought I had is that there's been a recent resurgence in the popularity of dance music, not like what was on the radio in early 2010s but still. I think we are just now rounding the corner to a place where we can think back on the early 2010s with nostalgia and this album fits nicely into the narrative of that. 

I think we should keep talking about this, find a clear angle that really feels timely, develop a list of smaller (probably gay) pubs and podcasts and YouTubers that Bonnie has a chance of being covered by/hosted on, and send pitches/start politely pressuring them on socials.

I can relate at this point to now being majorly over the Antonoff ‘acoustic’ sound, that came to coalesce in that sonic space when the tide turned and the magic of lavish, multi layered, plugged in productions went out of vogue.

Going by the comments section on Twitter etc, made in reaction to the news that Bonnie is finally releasing, I really do get a sense that others might also now be ready for the pendulum to swing in the other direction.

Who knows, maybe Bonnie could even be the one to fill that need and spearhead a trend for the return of lavish, more electro based productions (particularly those who in the end, will inevitably tire of ‘Padam’) and want something to fill that space.

Twinks and clubbers need something to dance to, ‘SLAY’ just about fills that need, in stark contrast let’s face it - Lana’s tepid moves (for example) into dance, are never going to seriously cut it with those demographics.

If only there was an organic way to influence Spotify and get them to place new Bonnie releases in uptempo/ electro based playlists.

Gays are never gonna not want to support a glitter diva, with a colorful past who we can relate to and genuinely needs our support (like no other current pop girl does) on such a visceral level.

Hopefully Bonnie has some P.A’s lined up with the gay clubs around LA and that will also add to momentum on a practical level.

Edited by Dax Diameter
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Jennys Girlfriend said:

Any PR girlies in this forum? Social is one thing but I think one way to make a big impact would be to get the word out at some pop/queer pubs that used to cover her releases. The story of the release (the 10-year wait, the success since, etc.) is so strong, and the music is obviously major.

I was actually thinking about this.

Might put together some pitches and send them to pop/music publications and see what happens.

• Cypher changed the title to Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)