Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

3 hours ago, zaynphallic said:

Well, June is a week away and as usual Bonnie's gone silent on social media...

I really do appreciate how hard she's been working behind the scenes to get this album together, but I wish she would just give us a DATE. The number of "coming soon's!!!" we Bon Bon's have had to endure the last few years has been criminal-demo.mp3.

Seeing as "American Girl" was released on June 25th, I wouldn't be surprised if she's planning to release "S.L.A.Y." around that time. Maybe the 23rd since it's a Friday? Anyway, hopefully she starts teasing at the start of June. There's a lot she could do with that vault she built... 

Imagine if Bonnie's like "a surprise drop is what the fans want!" Please Ms. McKee. You are not relevant enough to do a surprise drop. Give us the pre-save so we can at least pretend to support your career.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Cypher said:

Imagine if Bonnie's like "a surprise drop is what the fans want!" Please Ms. McKee. You are not relevant enough to do a surprise drop. Give us the pre-save so we can at least pretend to support your career.

ddd so ruthless. I do support her career but she's basically a non-singer at this part. I just think of her as a songwriter/rich behind the scenes gal who doesn't feel the drive to release and be the artist we all know she can be.

I hope this upcoming album gives Bonnie the justice she deserves! Obviously not chart/sales wise, but quality and acclaim. Let's all remember the only way she's bothering doing anything is for fans like us, who hang around for literally no reason for over a decade lol. I can't help but still have no confidence it's actually coming, but fingers crossed I'm wrong!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I believe she really is trying but she’s simply not business savvy and without the backing of a major label she’s struggling to navigate the business realities of the music industry. I admire her continued positive enthusiasm that still shines through during her interactions with fans on social media.

Also, I know many artists are on an eternal quest for perfection in their work and sometimes struggle to let go of album projects (and consider them done) out of fear they are not perfect enough.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Dax Diameter said:

I believe she really is trying but she’s simply not business savvy and without the backing of a major label she’s struggling to navigate the business realities of the music industry. I admire her continued positive enthusiasm that still shines through during her interactions with fans on social media.

Also, I know many artists are on an eternal quest for perfection in their work and sometimes struggle to let go of album projects (and consider them done) out of fear they are not perfect enough.

All she needs is a good music attorney who can help her negotiate and secure her masters she says she does and doesn’t have time and time again. Then she can release on her own terms. 

hint: lolene’s husband is a music attorney for Sony and he would love to help Bonnie, I bet.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, K.K. Zeno said:

👀

IMG_0060.jpeg

Ohhh I truly want to believe this but I just know it cannot be that simple...

Honestly she should release that darker album she addressed making around 2019-20 while everything clears off for the Epic album. She'd have the fans fed, probably grow the fanbase in a portion, and get some coin while it all gets working for the other record.

But I get it's probably not the way she envisioned :cry: 

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1

• Cypher changed the title to Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)