Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/18/2023 at 10:01 AM, izzzyyy said:

Honestly, it’s less of a IF Bonnie will drop, it’s more of a WHEN. I see it going till the Summer maybe? And when it does drop, I wouldn’t be shocked if she was more low key about it. She said it would be happening this year and if it doesn’t, well there you go. I don’t think we have to be super optimistic or even optimistic at all, just a, if it happens, cool, if it doesn’t happen, well what were we expecting. I honestly seriously doubt Bonnie is planning out all these “lies” in her head, I just think she isn’t sure of any other way to get the masters, and doesn’t want to give up.

Worst comes to worst, maybe she’ll re record lol. I mean she already confessed the only reason the album still has yet to reach us is because she wants to use the old vocals from epic sessions. 

I don't believe the Epic masters are what's holding her back, honestly. Bonnie has also promised albums that she produced independently and she never releases them. For me it appears she doesn't want to put out music quietly like small, independent artists do. I think she wants a big release with a lot of attention, whether it's from a deal with a record label or by becoming popular on TikTok. Which is frustrating to us because we know how talented Bonnie is, and how much potential she has to slowly build a significant fanbase if she was constantly releasing her music.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, izzzyyy said:

And to the other point, she DID get popular on TikTok, her announcement videos did considerably well, (600k+ views) she had momentum and spark behind her. If she really was depending on this tiktok hype, why has she stopped promoting the album? Would she not just continue leading fans on? The forum doesn’t like when she teases, but they also don’t like when she goes MIA and spam her about the album. What do y’all want her to do? Tell you again the album is coming but she needs her masters?

you basically want this thread to die then i don't see how that helps bonnie in any way. at least there's still people waiting for her. this fanbase is pretty chill compared to most. if people are commenting on her socials asking for music that is a good thing.

54 minutes ago, T2P said:

you basically want this thread to die then i don't see how that helps bonnie in any way. at least there's still people waiting for her. this fanbase is pretty chill compared to most. if people are commenting on her socials asking for music that is a good thing.

I want this thread to die? It HAS been dead for the most part these last months and even when there's leaks barely anybody speaks.

And I never said those things were bad, I'm saying it's so hypocritical how the Bonnie fandom on this forum is. (because it's not as toxic in other places) If people are mad at her for teasing while she can't release, why are those same people mad if she goes MIA, or stops talking about the album while she works on this situation?

Edited by izzzyyy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, izzzyyy said:

It HAS been dead for the most part these last months and even when there's leaks barely anybody speaks.

You have a point here. I thought people here would be raving over the leak of Bonnie's "Dumb Blonde" worktapes, but I think maybe one person showed interest. There was also a leak (back in December I believe) of a song that was somewhat highly requested and when it leaked, nobody, I mean nobody, talked about it. This thread has been dead since late summer-early autumn last year. Kinda sad if you think about it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kesha Slays said:

You have a point here. I thought people here would be raving over the leak of Bonnie's "Dumb Blonde" worktapes, but I think maybe one person showed interest. There was also a leak (back in December I believe) of a song that was somewhat highly requested and when it leaked, nobody, I mean nobody, talked about it. This thread has been dead since late summer-early autumn last year. Kinda sad if you think about it. 

Yeah, it makes me sad too. The energy and excitement on this forum when the Epic tracks were leaking was so fucking contagious. But I knew after Forever 21 leaked that things were slowly gonna start dying again. The only thing I think that will bring people back en masse is if Bonnie actually releases something.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, BraveNewSeth said:

Yeah, it makes me sad too. The energy and excitement on this forum when the Epic tracks were leaking was so fucking contagious. But I knew after Forever 21 leaked that things were slowly gonna start dying again. The only thing I think that will bring people back en masse is if Bonnie actually releases something.

The last big spark of energy was for the epic records finals. I really wish the energy would still be there for the plenty of songs remaining, but even Just A Kiss (an Epic cut that she sang on Breaking Bonnie, and is on the tracklist for her upcoming album) or Soundtrack To The End (an 80's power pop ballad that's possibly making the cut) couldn't make noise. I wonder if her new album would make any noise, but honestly, I hope she puts that one out herself.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Peter Parker said:

Leak Vacation, Seal It With A KIss, Turn Me Up, How We Do, Waking Up Diagonal (unbotchered), Wild Card final, Worst In Me rework, Lipstick Revolution, Right Now, When You Cry, Paper Doll!!

Edited by izzzyyy
she's supposedly releasing this one so nvm ig

I hope she releases the epic album as soon as possible  BUT to be honest - it would be a perfect summer release. 

And it makes sense for her to release the epic music first, get the pop forums/twitter to talk about her again and then release her "new" music. I'm so excited and hope it finally happens. 

Bonnies music deserves to be heard.

Edited by schami66
  • Like 2

• Cypher changed the title to Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)