Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, wordswithsam said:

While we wait for something…anything, let’s play a game.

Of Bonnie’s songs about saying goodbye, which is your favorite?

Hasta La Vista vs. Sayonara

the Sayonara worktape has me in a choke hold, the production and melody is so pretty and the lyrics are too realistic to a relationship i had haha

• YAAASSS 1

6 hours ago, wordswithsam said:

Of Bonnie’s songs about saying goodbye, which is your favorite?

I know this is not between the options you listed, but Always on My Mind is the best goodbye song she has done in my opinion. She delivers vocally, the production is very cute and the lyrics are great!

Edited by Ice Prince
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, MTCHLL said:

the Sayonara worktape has me in a choke hold, the production and melody is so pretty and the lyrics are too realistic to a relationship i had haha

yes +1 this song is so good! i quite like You Won’t Have Me as well 

• Like 1

i re did my version of the album for the thousandth time. i wanted to shorten it to make it more enjoyable. some songs i started liking more than others i liked more in the beginning. rip dgmgf  

Spoiler
  1. American Girl
  2. I Wanna Fucking Call You
  3. Forever 21
  4. Hot City
  5. Jenny's Got A Boyfriend
  6. Electric Heaven
  7. Somebody's Gonna Get Hurt
  8. Everything But You
  9. Outlaw
  10. Rewind Your Heart
  11. Sleepwalker
  12. Waking Up Diagonal
  13. S.L.A.Y.

• Like 2

nnn I went on and redid the tracklist for the Epic album :cypher: I think this is comprehensive of the era, and as the album is still in limbo and there's no release date, I'll just add it to my library pretending it was released in 2014.

1. American Girl
  2. S.L.A.Y.
  3. Forever 21
  4. Hot City
  5. Outlaw
  6. Sleepwalker
  7. Jenny's Got a Boyfriend
  8. Electric Heaven
  9. I Wanna Fucking Call You
  10. Somebody's Gonna Get Hurt
  11. Rewind Your Heart
  12. Everything but You
  13. Just a Kiss (if it leaks)
  14. Stars in Your Heart
Edited by Ice Prince
who cares, adding Jenny anyways
  • Like 2
  • YAAASSS 1

8 minutes ago, Ice Prince said:

nnn I went on and redid the tracklist for the Epic album :cypher: I think this is comprehensive of the era, and as the album is still in limbo and there's no release date, I'll just add it to my library pretending it was released in 2014.

1. American Girl
  2. S.L.A.Y.
  3. Forever 21
  4. Hot City
  5. Outlaw
  6. Sleepwalker
  7. Electric Heaven
  8. I Wanna Fucking Call You
  9. Somebody's Gonna Get Hurt
  10. Rewind Your Heart
  11. Everything but You
  12. Just a Kiss (if it leaks)
  13. Stars in Your Heart

y'all know I'm the biggest Jenny apologist but I didn't want to make this long af and 14 songs seem already too many :cypher: 

Sleepwalker is a bop but i would add it as an expanded edition or something. I prefer ur other tracklist it feels more cohesive imo

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ice Prince said:

1. American Girl
  2. S.L.A.Y.
  3. Forever 21
  4. Hot City
  5. Outlaw
  6. Sleepwalker
  7. Electric Heaven
  8. I Wanna Fucking Call You
  9. Somebody's Gonna Get Hurt
  10. Rewind Your Heart
  11. Everything but You
  12. Just a Kiss (if it leaks)
  13. Stars in Your Heart

y'all know I'm the biggest Jenny apologist but I didn't want to make this long af and 14 songs seem already too many :cypher: 

sleepwalker is one of my top faves. it will always be on the album for me. but jenny is one of my fave too :'( 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, BonnieMcChicken said:

sleepwalker is one of my top faves. it will always be on the album for me. but jenny is one of my fave too :'( 

Sleepwalker i feel like is the start of the story. But its darker (soundwise) than the other songs. So what if it was like a double album

Something like

American Girl (Expanded Complete Edition) (being a 2 disc deluxe)

American Girl: The Re-Up (or something idk.)

This idea ig comes from Nicki Minaj roman reloaded where she had an 8 track ep and the rest of the roman reloaded following those songs

Just now, Crystal <3 said:

Sleepwalker i feel like is the start of the story. But its darker (soundwise) than the other songs. So what if it was like a double album

Something like

American Girl (Expanded Complete Edition) (being a 2 disc deluxe)

American Girl: The Re-Up (or something idk.)

This idea ig comes from Nicki Minaj roman reloaded where she had an 8 track ep and the rest of the roman reloaded following those songs

Btw when i say start i read a youtube comment avoit the video and remember seeing somewhere else bonnie wanted to make it a visual album, so it could start off as being an intro and building a side story before diving into my American main tracklist idk. But i haven't heard the other songs so i need to commit to listening before establishing judgement

So is it safe to assume that Bonnie's given up on the Epic album release entirely? When the leaks started to trickle out she was very quick to have them removed from YouTube (especially "SLAY" in particular), but I just noticed the entire album has been up since August?! :ohwell:

Knowing her personality and how inconsistent she can be when it comes to following through with releasing things, I wouldn't be surprised if she feels like the moment has passed. It's incredibly frustrating as this is genuinely one of the best pop albums of all time and it deserves a proper polished release. I hope I'm wrong and hope she's still working on things behind the scenes, but she's been super quiet as of late.

I still, for the life of me, can't understand why she hasn't released SOMETHING in the past few years (not counting random Christmas and Halloween features 👻). It's been almost 4 YEARS since her last proper single release. She still has a strong monthly listener base on Spotify. She should be drip-feeding tracks from that 2019 album while she sorts the Epic stuff out.

Remember when she said she was going independent so she could release music more frequently?! :cackle:

Anyway, end rant. The life of a Bon Bon is truly a cursed existence.

• Like 3

• Cypher changed the title to Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)