Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Volcanion said:

Literally all of the drama and Bonnie meltdowns in here is because of how much we want to hear her music and support her.

We're getting leaks and still want to give her cointina for songs that leaked. Girl. Come get yo' bag. The gays have money for you.

exactly! I mean, I knew the people in this thread would get it <3 

• Like 1

If she still doesn’t have full rights to S.L.A.Y. I wonder what’s stopping her of starting the album rollout with another like “promo single”? For example I guess she has full rights to Wild Card, so why not drop it as a promo first single? At least people would calm down and start to believe that the album is actually happening. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, TakeYouToHell said:

If she still doesn’t have full rights to S.L.A.Y. I wonder what’s stopping her of starting the album rollout with another like “promo single”? For example I guess she has full rights to Wild Card, so why not drop it as a promo first single? At least people would calm down and start to believe that the album is actually happening. 

Exactly, I don't think Epic is blocking all of the songs from release... or could they? :cry: 

• LMAO 2

19 minutes ago, cocomong said:

i listened to the podcast and fell asleep. I'm SO over the songwriting shit after SO many years. THAT IS NOT why are here like she said. on my second listen today it seemed super contradicting to me. things don't add up. that fan choosing the tracklisting doesn't sit right with me (if its who i think it is), and her going to any forum BUT here also doesn't sit right with me. but that's just me being delulu tbh. are other forums more active than here that i don't know or??? idk why she's STILL questioning the dedication we have for her? if her team is stalking us have they NOT seen us saying we're still going to pay once it's out? are they keeping that from her? if so she needs a new team. like i hate that i'm so mad and annoyed about this. what the fuck is even going on anymore lol.

There’s no chance that she haven’t found this thread. If you search “Bonnie McKee Epic Album” it’s one of the first results,

Spoiler

that’s why I found this forum

:fishie:

• Like 1
  • YAAASSS 2
  • LMAO 1

23 minutes ago, Jennys Girlfriend said:

Hey y'all, longtime lurker first time poster here. I listened to today's podcast interview and just wanted to spread some positivity onto this thread. Not only did Bonnie take time to reveal her inspirations, her approach to her craft, and even the technical details of songwriting that not many people at her level share (yes we've heard much of it before but still, I always love to see under the hood), she also shared stories and anecdotes that really reveal yet again how much fucking guts it takes to have a reputation like hers and put original work out into the world in an industry that has gotten harder on creatives like her. The story of her approaching labels/music industry people she knew and trusted and they made her feel small for "still" wanting to be an artist... that story made me so angry for her. The fact that the industry is as hard to break into as it is (she did it), how hard it is to succeed as it songwriter (she did it) get signed to not one but TWO labels (she did it) then go on the break out on her own and find critical and commercial success for her independent artist project (she did it)... this woman is a fucking BOSS and had show incredible brilliance and heart for decades now. I know we're joking around here, but she's the last thing from lazy or entitled... she's a human battling the kinds of insecurities that we all have, and when it comes to releasing music, she's facing the kind of challenges stakes most of us will never understand. So enjoy that leaked music, keep cheering her on, and keep cutting her some slack. She's earned it.

THAT SAID... I'm so grateful for this board for being so active and dedicated to Bonnie (even when it gets a lil nasty haha) but to also just, I'm grateful for the joy this woman has brought to all of us. And if she's reading this, I just hope she really does feel the love. ❤️ 

Welcome :welcome:I so agree with you

Hey welcome to the biggest BonBon fan forum @Jennys Girlfriend 

(that Bonnie never mentions and willingly chooses to ignore :die:)

Ummmmmmmm...... 

First of all, Ms. McScheme looks gorgeous and I felt relieved to see her without the anime eyes filter. She's a beautiful woman and doesn't need any of that silly stuff to highlight that or make her look like she's "down with" what the kids are doing on TikTok. What I feel concerned about is that the way she talks about the Epic material is almost like she'd abandoned it after leaving the label and it was this 'newfound interest in the songs' TikTok has brought that made her open the vault which is so inaccurate it's crazy. We've been asking for those songs ever since 2013, this isn't some recent fad that only started because she made a TikTok account--you can look up any Bonnie McKee-related video on YouTube or scroll down the posts on her IG and people are consistently demanding S.L.A.Y., Hot City, IWFCY... you name it. It's been going on since 2014, ever since she released Bombastic and people were confused why she's not releasing the songs she was promoting and that everybody loved.

I was also happy to hear she's considering putting out a compilation of some of her pitches for other artists (i.e. something akin to Sia's This Is Acting)--I'd kill for a finalized DNA or I Dare You. Knowing her, her worth ethic, and how much time it takes her to get things done I don't believe this will ever make it past the idea stage though.

It's also frustrating to hear how she keeps changing the narrative. In a podcast from a while ago she clearly stated she owns ALL the masters to her Epic songs and she was just trying to figure out how to deliver those songs so they wouldn't fall on deaf ears. Now we're back to "there's some legal stuff that needs to be taken care of"? Guuuuurrrrl :wut: 

No wonder we have trust issues.

Edited by Bambi101
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Bambi101 said:

(that Bonnie never mentions and willingly chooses to ignore :die:)

maybe if people like you weren't demanding leaks 3 times every page she would mention the forum

7 minutes ago, Bambi101 said:

It's also frustrating to hear how she keeps changing the narrative. In a podcast from a while ago she clearly stated she owns ALL the masters to her Epic songs and she was just trying to figure out how to deliver those songs so they wouldn't fall on deaf ears. Now we're back to "there's some legal stuff that needs to be taken care of"? Guuuuurrrrl :wut: 

owning the masters dosen't mean you can just release the songs

• Like 1

• Cypher changed the title to Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)