Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

I'd love it if she dropped the album on the last day of June but Ms. Bonehilda is an elite troll and it's unrealistic AF. The only way I'll start getting hyped for any releases is if she starts posting pre-save links and we have the album ready for preorder on iTunes. UNLESS that happens, she's just trolling, tweaking, polishing, and mixing the album to eternity.

• Like 3

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was on a run when my biggest brain thoughts come to me and I thought I cracked the release strategy. I know it’s not happening given one of her TikTok comments I just saw in one of the screen grabs above, but hear me out:

I imagine every year, Bonnie gets a spike in visits and hits to her artist pages on Spotify and iTunes on the 4th of July because of American Girl.

What if she titled the Epic album American Girl and surprise released it on July 4th to take advantage of the increased visibility of her pages. Whether they realize or not, people will probably add the album to their library when looking for the song.

It could be one of the best organic ways for her to release new music and get it in front of as many eyes as possible.

Now I know someone asked if American Girl would be on the Epic album and she said probably not due to rights issues, but she could have a remix or series of remixes (I know, I know).

Anywho given this probably isn’t what’s happening, I’m curious if you guys think that would’ve been a good strategy or not?

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, napoleon said:

She has ignored questions about a release date, so she's not ready to give one yet. Two days ago she made a comment saying she's still mixing the album "as we speak".

sounds about right. thanks.

8 hours ago, wordswithsam said:

I was on a run when my biggest brain thoughts come to me and I thought I cracked the release strategy. I know it’s not happening given one of her TikTok comments I just saw in one of the screen grabs above, but hear me out:

I imagine every year, Bonnie gets a spike in visits and hits to her artist pages on Spotify and iTunes on the 4th of July because of American Girl.

What if she titled the Epic album American Girl and surprise released it on July 4th to take advantage of the increased visibility of her pages. Whether they realize or not, people will probably add the album to their library when looking for the song.

It could be one of the best organic ways for her to release new music and get it in front of as many eyes as possible.

Now I know someone asked if American Girl would be on the Epic album and she said probably not due to rights issues, but she could have a remix or series of remixes (I know, I know).

Anywho given this probably isn’t what’s happening, I’m curious if you guys think that would’ve been a good strategy or not?

I think you've got a great thought going on, but answering your question, I don't think so. The album is too big of a deal to name it like this for these reasons...

Edited by Lucas M

The 4th of July concept would be a slay, but seeing how long it takes her to polish/mix an album that's already been mixed about a thousand times, I'm not too sure. I agree with @cocomong -- August is her last chance to redeem herself. If we're on September and she's still teasing this, I'm done. I have a lot of patience and I'm always willing to give people benefit of the doubt, just not with her anymore. Too many failures and unprofessional behavior.

Edited by Bambi101
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, Bambi101 said:

American Girl was released on June 25... I thought she'd do the smart thing and commemorate the release by dropping the album.... yeah, any other girl would do this but not Ms. Baloney. The 4th of July concept would be a slay, but seeing how long it takes her to polish/mix an album that's already been mixed about a thousand times, I'm not too sure. I agree with @cocomong -- August is her last chance to redeem herself. If we're on September and she's still teasing this, I'm done. I have a lot of patience and I'm always willing to give people benefit of the doubt, just not with her anymore. Too many failures and unprofessional behavior.

last day of summer in trashmerica is sept. 22nd which is why im giving her till mid august. Anything in September is not a summer album to me, even though on the calendar it is. Summer imo is from like mid may to august. September is already going into like fall & it would be a rushed summer album, there's not much time to enjoy it in the "summer". i drag her and i get frustrated waiting and hearing "soon" or "this summer" since 2011 (for me) that i still have hope but already know ill be let down lol. so what do i have to lose?

• Like 2
  • YAAASSS 1

4 minutes ago, zaynphallic said:

Today marks 7 YEARS since the Bombastic EP was released. And we're still here waiting for the album(s).

Happy Birthday Bombastic, I guess.

I discovered her in like 2017 I guess, aka HALF A DECADE ago. I remember thinking "oh, this is her latest body of work (Bombastic), only two years ago" :spy: where the hell did time and Bonnie went omg

Anyways, bummer that she actually had material to follow it up quickly (just check at the leftovers from the sessions, if not the flop Thorns era material) and she didn't put anything out. Same-y post every week, but I wish us her fans had a little more officially released material from her. 

Edited by Ice Prince
  • Like 1

• Cypher changed the title to Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)