Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

35 minutes ago, napoleon said:

I think they are joking about the JLo posts promoting her newsletter

LMAOOOO I didn't know about this :cackle: it almost feels like she's spamming with some sketchy suspicious website through her tweets ddddd.

For the full mixing session of S.L.A.Y. (taken from the Epic album) which I'm polishing as we speak, go to BonnieMcKeeMusic.com

:cackle: 

Edited by Ice Prince
  • Like 3

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like her not releasing Epic album and still not closing this chapter may be the reason of music shortage. Epic Album is kinda her unfinished chapter of life, that needs to be finally done so she can move on. It must have been very hard knowing that u have recorded the best album in your career (love her but it would be almost impossible for her to top that quality again) that u can’t release. 
Once it drops it would be such a relief for her methinks (the gays won’t be torturing her anymore lol) :yaskween:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, SunIsUp said:

I feel like her not releasing Epic album and still not closing this chapter may be the reason of music shortage. Epic Album is kinda her unfinished chapter of life, that needs to be finally done so she can move on. It must have been very hard knowing that u have recorded the best album in your career (love her but it would be almost impossible for her to top that quality again) that u can’t release. 
Once it drops it would be such a relief for her methinks (the gays won’t be torturing her anymore lol) :yaskween:

I think she actually said something like this or along those lines during that podcast. its clear her career is kind of in 2012 rn and hasnt been able to progress due to rights and release issues. I feel like after shes released the epic album, the floodgates will open because 1) she can actually afford the personnel shes done post epic 2) she actually owns the rights to them.

• Like 2

Not to be a binch but why are you guys adding non thorns songs to the thorns ep & same with the album? She's stupidly taking tiktok comments into consideration and adding shit like electric heaven & i see some asking for so called life? i just i don't get it? the album was toured as it was meant to be? i don't see the need to add more to it that wasn't meant for it?
she said the thorns ep was that she performed that night which would be thorns, hey alligator, die happy, mmw & dirty laundry. we should know the karmin tour setlist like the national anthem by now. idk i would hate to see space taken up by a non related song & something like right now get scrapped for it. and a lil birdie told me shmax shamartin wants 100k for shright shmnow which shmonnie smckee said she doesn't have. so i doubt we'll be getting it or anything with shmax connected to it unless it leaks. i doubt we need to mention hows she feels about shmoctor smhluke

• Shook 1

35 minutes ago, cocomong said:

Not to be a binch but why are you guys adding non thorns songs to the thorns ep & same with the album? She's stupidly taking tiktok comments into consideration and adding shit like electric heaven & i see some asking for so called life? i just i don't get it? the album was toured as it was meant to be? i don't see the need to add more to it that wasn't meant for it?
she said the thorns ep was that she performed that night which would be thorns, hey alligator, die happy, mmw & dirty laundry. we should know the karmin tour setlist like the national anthem by now. idk i would hate to see space taken up by a non related song & something like right now get scrapped for it. and a lil birdie told me shmax shamartin wants 100k for shright shmnow which shmonnie smckee said she doesn't have. so i doubt we'll be getting it or anything with shmax connected to it unless it leaks. i doubt we need to mention hows she feels about shmoctor smhluke

Electric Heaven was on the Epic board, so she was gonna use it at some point for the album. Somebody’s Gonna Get Hurt and Rewind Your Heart were also not performed on tour, but they were gonna end up on the album.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, reflection said:

electric heaven is ethereal + one of her best personally, im ecstatic shes releasing it + its the perfect title track to me. I just hope she doesnt switch up the production too much cause the original is perfect

I've still had all of it on repeat, i really can't get enough! I listen to SLAY on my car rides at least 3 times and Hot City. And i haven't gotten tired of any of it. it really is a great quality body of work, like one of the best unreleased albums in my iTunes catalogue! I also added Wild Heart and Hey Alligator as bonus tracksHappy Tears GIF

• Like 3

Also I believe she only performed around 7 songs? And she said only some of the karmin songs were on the original EP in august 2014

i guess so called life would kind of ‘count’ for epic although it was never intended for it.. kind of all her songs would up to that point would. mirage is literally from 2003, worst in me is 2008, hitman iirc was around that time aswell, and I think outlaw was a Britney pitch. Apparently the I want it all and bombastic demos that are floating around are from 2012 and die happy is from 2015 so based on all this I assume Bonnie doesn’t make songs for specific eras rather she just picks her favourites from all the sessions she’s had up to that point and makes a tracklist out of them. But she shouldn’t release so called life imo.

I hope she releases what she wants to at the end

Edited by reflection
  • Like 4

• Cypher changed the title to Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)