Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Bambi101 said:

Hmmm that's a toughie. Even on the released final version the bridge is just a dubstep beat drop with Britney's "give something good, don't wanna wait I want it now / drop it like a hood and show me how you work it out" and the chorus repeated afterwards. 

There are two options though; either Bonnie's demo is an earlier version before the bridge/breakdown was finalized so she hadn't penned the lyrics for it yet OR she only wrote the verses and the chorus, and deliberately left the song bridgeless because she knew the other co-writers would fill that in later. Either way, there might be a polished version of the Bonnie demo (with re-recorded vox and Bonnie singing the "give me something good" breakdown), but it's also possible Myah Marie was hired to sing the breakdown in case Bonnie wouldn't/couldn't to make sure Britney had something to guide her during the recording process.

EDIT: Yep. I believe Myah recorded the bridge.

Interesting. Good to know. I guess that answer's that question. Thank you for answering! I was really curious to know lmao 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ice Prince said:

What does she want from us? To get tired? I think she already did that without needing those shitty NFTs. Hope she is not thinking of making her own. She better not.

:disgusted:

Of course she's thinking about it, girl needs money cuz she broke. :cackle:

• LMAO 2

35 minutes ago, Bambi101 said:

Of course she's thinking about it, girl needs money cuz she broke. :cackle:

wasn't she all classy and shit because she was living off of hits from a decade ago? :cackle: 

Yeah now I get to joke about her because otherwise I'm bitter at her lack of interest for releasing songs.

• Like 3

• Cypher changed the title to Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)