Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, jamesmax said:

That Wild Card snippet is from her short film. Y'all ain't getting shit this summer.

The snippet is from her film but we're getting the album this summer, y'all just don't want to believe that and it's totally understandable knowing her previous promises

• Like 2
  • LMAO 2

Isn't it weird how the leaks have stopped btw? There's still a lot of songs we know of that haven't leaked from the long list (JFK?? Laserbeam??? Demolition Man!..... still so many bops left).

Wild Card (well, the short snippet she used in the film) sounds great, and completely in line with the rest of the Epic material. The production gives me very much the intro/beginning to Forever 21, so I can see it blending seamlessly with the rest of the album.

I always kinda thought that this was written by Livvi Franc (which might still be the case, since they've worked together on numerous occassions over the years, worked with a lot of the same artists, producers & writers etc). Never considered Bonnie, but listening to it again it could VERY well be the Bonnie track...

Reminds me quite a bit of tracks like It Is What It Is and a bit of My So Called Life. This was also produced by Soulshock and from 2010 so...bonus points if anyone recognizes it

afddm.mp3

Edited by Otaku
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, reflection said:

anybody else notice wild card sounds remastered and like none of the demos that leaked? it sounds fresh and crisp yet still maintains that 2010s feel.. I hope she keeps it this way for all the songs 

Maybe she actually "re-recorded" her Epic songs and that's the result? I'm not really a fan of that snippet but what else can I say from 20sec snippet? I just hope it wasn't switch in production and just in vocals, 'cause else I'm scared for rest of Epic songs :awkwardney:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Kesha Slays said:

Do y'all think Bonnie ever recorded a bridge for "Hold It Against Me"? I remember listening to her demo a couple months ago and I thought it was odd that there was no bridge, it's just the two verses. 

Hmmm that's a toughie. Even on the released final version the bridge is just a dubstep beat drop with Britney's "give something good, don't wanna wait I want it now / drop it like a hood and show me how you work it out" and the chorus repeated afterwards. 

There are two options though; either Bonnie's demo is an earlier version before the bridge/breakdown was finalized so she hadn't penned the lyrics for it yet OR she only wrote the verses and the chorus, and deliberately left the song bridgeless because she knew the other co-writers would fill that in later. Either way, there might be a polished version of the Bonnie demo (with re-recorded vox and Bonnie singing the "give me something good" breakdown), but it's also possible Myah Marie was hired to sing the breakdown in case Bonnie wouldn't/couldn't to make sure Britney had something to guide her during the recording process.

EDIT: Yep. I believe Myah recorded the bridge.

Edited by Bambi101
  • Like 2

• Cypher changed the title to Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)