Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

12 hours ago, Moonchild said:

Mine is as follows:

2022-01-12-3.png

With Forever 21 as track 3, which remains unleaked. When/if it leaks, I'll add it. I think there's a great story going from Hot City until Rewind Your Heart, arranged that way:

Tracks 1 (American Girl) and 2 (S.L.A.Y.) both kinda set the mood for the record, and track 3 (Forever 21) in an extent as well: this thing of having fun, being young, falling in love, feeling powerful, being the best you can and live your life. Such a mood. Then, you hang out with friends (Hot City) and meet your friend Jenny's boyfriend, who you get a crush on (Jenny's Got a Boyfriend), but as it's an infatuation that will not end well, you decide not to make a move, as much as you want to (I Wanna Fucking Call You). The feeling is not gone, and you kinda give in to it, so things begin to flow between you and Jenny's boyfriend (Electric Heaven), but then reality hits after something goes wrong as he leaves (Everything But You) and the relationship eventually ends (Somebody's Gonna Get Hurt). After the downfall of the relationship, you'd wish everything was like the now-gone good moments (Rewind Your Heart), but as it's not gonna happen, you just step away and get to know more people, so you get to know this guy to have a more casual affair with, but it's fun (Unlock Your Love and, to an extent, Outlaw - in the frame of talking of a past exclusive formal relationship and now you have the complete freedom to meet anyone you want), in the process of forgetting how the last relationship went and you've moved on (Waking Up Diagonal). The last track (Don't Get Mad, Get Famous) felt good as a closing song as it takes again the same powerful streak of the first three songs, so the story takes a sort of cycle-closing ending.

P.S. I ended up writing everything as if you are Bonnie but it's just how I'd explain her how I pictured the album's plot if it was ordered this way. // I think that, with this story, Sexin U could fit between Unlock Your Love and Outlaw, but that will keep making the album longer than I want it to be so I'll leave it for an Epic additional EP.

Of course I have more Bonnie albums, but this is the one I'm proud of the most, and also the one I love the most, if it's not evident enough :cackle: the other one I really like is the one I call Wild at Heart, from the 2014-16 sessions including the Bombastic EP. I'm very OCD with eras so that's why I parted her discography into 12-14 track albums, leaving out those I'm not too fond of. I'm still working on an Epic companion EP, with some outtakes from the main album.

I absolutely LOVE how creative this is! You created an entire story with your track list and it flows so smoothly, not only lyrically but sonically as well. Very impressive!

• YAAASSS 1

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, SunIsUp said:

i feel like we're done with epic leaks :yeah: 

On the other hand can we appreciate how good her 2011-2012 leaks are? literally a pop perfections. I Dare You sounds like a total smash. Rules of Attraction is also a masterpiece :yeah:

From those sessions, I only really really like The Rules of Attraction, Surrender and Earthquake. The rest are good, but not very much my favourite Bonnie material tbh.

23 minutes ago, BraveNewSeth said:

I absolutely LOVE how creative this is! You created an entire story with your track list and it flows so smoothly, not only lyrically but sonically as well. Very impressive!

Awww thanks bestie! That's what Bonnie's music makes me do :cackle: the pieces are right there, and I'm pretty sure more than one storyline can be made. She just has to grab them, arrange them and release them :yeah: 

2 hours ago, jamesmax said:

And to think that she started working on her Epic album in her early 20's.

Wait what? That just CAN'T be possible. Assuming she had 23 when she started workin with them, that was, at most, 12 years ago... 

Oh, no, it's true. Sorry, my bad. I think I just rounded numbers way too much :cackle: 

• LMAO 1

15 hours ago, Moonchild said:

Wait what? That just CAN'T be possible. Assuming she had 23 when she started workin with them, that was, at most, 12 years ago... 

Oh, no, it's true. Sorry, my bad. I think I just rounded numbers way too much :cackle: 

Yeah, the "Trouble" album came out when she was 20, and "American Girl" came out when she was 29. I feel like she probably started working on the Epic album when she was around 27 or 28 after all the songs she wrote for Katy blew up. The Epic sessions definitely have that same sound.

• Like 1

• Cypher changed the title to Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)