Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, BraveNewSeth said:

Someone leaked a 2 second snippet of Hit Me Up on dbree. Can anyone tell if it’s Bonnie or not?

Yes, that's her! It sounds like she's singing in a higher key than the released version. Leak it y'all!!! It's been 84 years since the last leak...

• Like 1

I loooove these songs so much. 

what is everybodys five favorite songs from the epic sessions? I think mine are Somebodys Gonna Get Hurt, Love You To Pieces, I Wanna Fucking Call You, REWIND YOUR HEART (!!!) and I Can Still Dance. I really hope that she'll release these songs officially. 

Hello to all my fans and supporters.

It might shock you to hear this, but as of today I will be leaving PHF. When I first joined PHF 4 days ago, the environment was positive and people were kind. But it seems that the power of having unreleased songs from a 37 year old who's been dropped from her record label twice and hasn't done anything interesting since 2013 has really gotten to you all. The constant gatekeeping of Queen Bonnie songs and gaslighting of my opinions has created such a toxic environment. I feel so taken advantage of.

This last 96 hours has truly been the most magical experience of my life, but it's time for me to focus on my mental health and discover who "Skinny Legend" really is. I've done a lot of soul searching here but I know my journey has just begun.

Thank you for saving my life, PHF. Good bye forever.

• LMAO 5

15 minutes ago, Leaving said:

Hello to all my fans and supporters.

It might shock you to hear this, but as of today I will be leaving PHF. When I first joined PHF 4 days ago, the environment was positive and people were kind. But it seems that the power of having unreleased songs from a 37 year old who's been dropped from her record label twice and hasn't done anything interesting since 2013 has really gotten to you all. The constant gatekeeping of Queen Bonnie songs and gaslighting of my opinions has created such a toxic environment. I feel so taken advantage of.

This last 96 hours has truly been the most magical experience of my life, but it's time for me to focus on my mental health and discover who "Skinny Legend" really is. I've done a lot of soul searching here but I know my journey has just begun.

Thank you for saving my life, PHF. Good bye forever.

Hi!

'When I first joined PHF 4 days ago' - I assume you mean 4 years ago (?), I have only been here about 4 days myself but I'm taking a guess that you didn't make 29,671 posts in 4 days. So I am also going to assume you have made 29,671 posts here in however many years because this has been an important part of your life, the people you have connected with, sought advice from, offered advice to, waited excitedly for music, waited frustratingly for music etc. 

I don't know what has happened in the last few days (demanding abusive PMs I would guess) but letting other people drive you away from a space you clearly enjoy is not the answer. Taking a break for the sake of your mental health would absolutely be a benefit - I've been off FB a year now and NEVER had Insta or Twitter etc - but surely removing the few people (again an assumption) who are getting on your titty boobs is better than removing yourself?

Plus you can't leave as you might have music I'm looking for lol. 

1 hour ago, schami66 said:

I loooove these songs so much. 

what is everybodys five favorite songs from the epic sessions? I think mine are Somebodys Gonna Get Hurt, Love You To Pieces, I Wanna Fucking Call You, REWIND YOUR HEART (!!!) and I Can Still Dance. I really hope that she'll release these songs officially. 

Are we sure I Can Still Dance comes from Epic? I was certain it was from Restless/Wings era

Spoiler

Anyways, my favs gotta be Somebody's Gonna Get Hurt, I Wanna Fucking Call You, Everything But You, So Called Life and Don't Get Mad despite it not being finished :wink: (maybe if we would have Sexin' U/Electric Heaven in better quality, I'd consider it in place of ones listed)

• Cypher changed the title to Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)