Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Moonchild said:

I'm pretty sure Catching Feelings, Always on My Mind and I Can (Totally) Do This are definitely not from the Epic sessions, but at least CF has been mentioned to sound like it more than once :cry: I kept them off though, they feel very different from the rest, but so good still.

And Unlock Your Love is truly a bop! @Volcanion TASTE :yaskween: at first I was neutral to it, but it grew on me so much.

i´ll listen to it again and see what i think! it´s been a minute so i´m curious. 

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure Catching Feelings, Always on My Mind and I Can (Totally) Do This are definitely not from the Epic sessions, but at least CF has been mentioned to sound like it more than once :cry: I kept them off though, they feel very different from the rest, but so good still.

And Unlock Your Love is truly a bop! @Volcanion TASTE :yaskween: at first I was neutral to it, but it grew on me so much.

I know. I was only gonna add Always On My Mind as a closing track. And I’ve actually started my tracklist with S.L.A.Y.  followed by American Girl, but still titled it American Girl (I’m weird I know).😁

• Like 1

Just now, Aftershock088 said:

I know. I was only gonna add Always On My Mind as a closing track. And I’ve actually started my tracklist with S.L.A.Y.  followed by American Girl, but still titled it American Girl (I’m weird I know).😁

no, that´s cool! i have AG as the opener but mine is still called Electric Heaven.

3 minutes ago, 4ever21 said:

every word i said was spelled correctly im sorry if you have a problem with that x

okay, then. if you say so.

anyways, you got mad at me for saying grammar for what??? i don´t have time to argue with kids, so let´s just move on. quit bringing this up.

1 minute ago, Aftershock088 said:

I think Always on My Mind works better with other songs from the era like Wings, Hallelujah, Restless and the Bombastic EP, and it really screams "song from the latter end of the album", along with Wings.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bearsbummer said:

hard agree with Disney movie.

however it just feels a bit childish to me, so i don´t really have it. but i DO plan on making a EP (like bonnie was) for the unreleased songs from the Epic sessions, that was taken off on my version of the album.

Yeah… didn’t someone say in a previous post that I Can Totally Do This was originally intended for the Trolls movie soundtrack or something? That would explain the ‘childish’ vibe lol. I don’t know, I’m 34 but I kinda like it 😂

• Like 2

Just now, Aftershock088 said:

Yeah… didn’t someone say in a previous post that I Can Totally Do This was originally intended for the Trolls movie soundtrack or something? That would explain the ‘childish’ vibe lol. I don’t know, I’m 34 but I kinda like it 😂

yep i think @Moonchild said that it was for Trolls!

and that´s true. but i´m listening to it, and it´s better than i remembered. 🤍

• Like 1

Just now, bearsbummer said:

yep i think @Moonchild said that it was for Trolls!

and that´s true. but i´m listening to it, and it´s better than i remembered. 🤍

It wasn't me :( I thought it was intended for Bombastic but I was wrong. I don't remember who was it, but they actually clarified it for me so I just changed that info in my tracker! ;) 

It wasn't me :( I thought it was intended for Bombastic but I was wrong. I don't remember who was it, but they actually clarified it for me so I just changed that info in my tracker! ;) 

oh! thank you for letting me know! 🤍

• Like 1

I think Always on My Mind works better with other songs from the era like Wings, Hallelujah, Restless and the Bombastic EP, and it really screams "song from the latter end of the album", along with Wings.

Yeah I get what you mean, it’s just I don’t really want Always On My Mind, Wings and Hallelujah all together on an album ‘cos to me it just sounds a bit… downbeat? So I might just cheat a bit and mix the Epic one slightly, having it as mostly Epic stuff but with a few extras. It’s all Bonnie still so it's always gonna be a winner 😁

I just wanna have a big house party with all of Bonnie’s songs playing tbh! But my friends don’t know/care who she is 😭 guess I need new friends lol.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aftershock088 said:

Yeah I get what you mean, it’s just I don’t really want Always On My Mind, Wings and Hallelujah all together on an album ‘cos to me it just sounds a bit… downbeat? So I might just cheat a bit and mix the Epic one slightly, having it as mostly Epic stuff but with a few extras. It’s all Bonnie still so it's always gonna be a winner 😁

I just wanna have a big house party with all of Bonnie’s songs playing tbh! But my friends don’t know/care who she is 😭 guess I need new friends lol.

NOT A HOUSE PARTY DURING THE COVID PANDEMIC

OMG ARE YOU RITA ORA

• Like 1
  • LMAO 4

• Cypher changed the title to Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)