Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Aftershock088 said:

Also, do you think the Don’t Get Mad, Get Famous leak is the final version? As someone said earlier in the thread, the first two verses are the same 😕

It’s definitely not the final version. Bonnie isn’t the kind of artist to repeat verses like that. Even the “nah nah nahs” after the chorus just seem like Bonnie trying to come up with a melody. I think the real question is, was this song even completed in the first place? Can any insiders confirm this?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, BraveNewSeth said:

Can we please talk about So Called Life? I feel like y’all aren’t appreciating it enough. It’s actually rather poignant. It’s basically the theme song to my life right now.

This! I love So Called Life. It kinda sounds like something you’d hear on a chick flick, in a good way. It’s so catchy. 

• YAAASSS 1

6 hours ago, Aftershock088 said:

I did too 😊

@bearsbummer that Love Spell track you posted sounds like the original one to me. Am I missing something?

Also, do you think the Don’t Get Mad, Get Famous leak is the final version? As someone said earlier in the thread, the first two verses are the same 😕 either way I’m happy to have it as it is for now, at least I can stop moaning about not having it at all 😂

I just listed to don’t get mad, and you’re right. The first verse is the same verse as second, like it’s been looped? Anyone know about this?

Guys, I don't know if this has been mentioned before (if so, sorry I missed it) but is Restless confirmed to have been made during the Epic sessions? I honestly thought it was slightly later, from the time between the Epic album and the Bombastic sessions lol.

1 minute ago, jamesmax said:

I have a good feeling that Forever 21 is coming today. 😀

Hope you're right :) 

3 minutes ago, Theprettyymess said:

I just listed to don’t get mad, and you’re right. The first verse is the same verse as second, like it’s been looped? Anyone know about this?

Quoting you because your comment is the most immediate about DGMGF but I think it's an unfinished song. The producer must've looped what they had to try and sketch/picture the song as a full thing but they ended up not finishing the track? That's my guess after listening the song a couple times.

3 minutes ago, Moonchild said:

Guys, I don't know if this has been mentioned before (if so, sorry I missed it) but is Restless confirmed to have been made during the Epic sessions? I honestly thought it was slightly later, from the time between the Epic album and the Bombastic sessions lol.

Hope you're right :) 

Quoting you because your comment is the most immediate about DGMGF but I think it's an unfinished song. The producer must've looped what they had to try and sketch/picture the song as a full thing but they ended up not finishing the track? That's my guess after listening the song a couple times.

I hope forever 21 is coming also, and yes! I agree w you about DGMGF!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Aftershock088 said:

I did too 😊

@bearsbummer that Love Spell track you posted sounds like the original one to me. Am I missing something?

Also, do you think the Don’t Get Mad, Get Famous leak is the final version? As someone said earlier in the thread, the first two verses are the same 😕 either way I’m happy to have it as it is for now, at least I can stop moaning about not having it at all 😂

it's not! listen to this: 

in 2013, Bonnie re-recorded this song to be the closing track to her album, but was nervous her label wouldn't allow it.

• Like 1

• Cypher changed the title to Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)