Black Mirror

Cypher

700-890x395_c.jpg

I had heard about this show from a few different people. It's a Netflix original called Black Mirror.
Having been hailed as The Twilight Zone of the modern era, this show has stirred up a lot of controversy, especially given the nature of the first episode.

Has anyone else here seen it?

• YAAASSS 1

I have watched most of Black Mirror and omg it's so brilliant but also pretty crazy af. I really like the third season, there's an episode called "Nosedive" with Bryce Dallas Howard and oh my god it's too real and it's hilarious ahaha, but also another episode-- I can't remember the name (oops) but it's about video games and a guy's brain creating a horror simulation/survival game for him and it's HECTIC. Definitely should watch it~

OH! And actually another episode in season three about being blackmailed through computer hacking to do stuff, that episode is a rollercoaster...they're all rollercoasters, definitely recommend tbh

• YAAASSS 1

17 minutes ago, Cypher said:

I finished all 3 seasons in a day and I gotta say it definitely gets better. Season 3 was by far my favourite. The show is nothing like the first episode, which was an interesting way to debut the show.

Definitely agree, it got so much better! I just watched the "San Junipero" episode and may have gotten teary-eyed.

This is a question for everyone but has there been any technology that you wish we had? The death-limbo one is very interesting and insane to think about and even the memory technology from "The Entire History of You" would be sort of cool! It's all pretty hectic ahah

• YAAASSS 2

On 11/25/2016 at 0:22 AM, Yayo said:

Definitely agree, it got so much better! I just watched the "San Junipero" episode and may have gotten teary-eyed.

This is a question for everyone but has there been any technology that you wish we had? The death-limbo one is very interesting and insane to think about and even the memory technology from "The Entire History of You" would be sort of cool! It's all pretty hectic ahah

3x01 is a pretty possible one in the near future. The one where you rate people. People nowadays are so obsessed with Instafacebook, getting most likes, etc.

I would say that 3x02, Playtest, was one of my favourites because it was kinda like a horror movie.

San Junipero definitely hits you right in the feels. It was such a beautiful piece of (streaming) television. It was like an emotional roller coaster. I really wanted them to turn it into a full length film after finishing it but then I realized it was perfect the way it was. Not only that but the soundtrack included Kylie and Belinda so it was pretty much perfect.

• YAAASSS 2

On 11/28/2016 at 3:10 PM, Cypher said:

3x01 is a pretty possible one in the near future. The one where you rate people. People nowadays are so obsessed with Instafacebook, getting most likes, etc.

I would say that 3x02, Playtest, was one of my favourites because it was kinda like a horror movie.

I just watched 'Nosedive' then and I absolutely loved it! :hail: I totally loved the plot and agree with you that it's not that far from what we have now, kinda like a human version of Google Maps mixed with Tinder. I'm excited to keep watching, the second episode looks interesting too!

• YAAASSS 2

8 minutes ago, Countess said:

I just watched 'Nosedive' then and I absolutely loved it! :hail: I totally loved the plot and agree with you that it's not that far from what we have now, kinda like a human version of Google Maps mixed with Tinder. I'm excited to keep watching, the second episode looks interesting too!

Season 3 is definitely the best by far! :hail: 

• YAAASSS 1

On 12/6/2016 at 8:51 PM, Jump Rope said:

This show is fucking up my life. I just stopped after 3x03 cus i needed time to digest the shock. Probably gonna watch the rest today. It's a great show, really really great

I just watched 3x02 and started panicking like crazy. :stretcher: As soon as I stood up I got that weird thing where you see black dots in front of your eyes for a few seconds and I started freaking out that I was somehow in a video game and my entire life had been a lie. :shocked: This show has me fucked up!

• YAAASSS 3