Xenomania

Charlie91xo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Countess said:

Are there any songs you would recommend? :o I've never heard a Kaiser Chiefs track before but I'll give it a go if you say they're good!

They sang I Predict a Riot which GA did a live cover of (and is a Bside to WLH I think?). They also sang Ruby (my personal favorite), and Love's Not A Competition (But I'm Winning) is pretty good too!

• YAAASSS 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2016 at 10:28 AM, xtophermorrison said:

They sang I Predict a Riot which GA did a live cover of (and is a Bside to WLH I think?). They also sang Ruby (my personal favorite), and Love's Not A Competition (But I'm Winning) is pretty good too!

Ooooh yes, I knew I'd heard their name somewhere before! I just checked out 'Ruby', it seems like very typical Brit-rock like Oasis or Arctic Monkeys but it's not dreadful. :P Could definitely imagine that Xenomania would improve them tho!

On 11/16/2016 at 2:45 AM, Countess said:

Are there any songs you would recommend? :o I've never heard a Kaiser Chiefs track before but I'll give it a go if you say they're good!

From their new album We Stay Together, Hole In My Soul, Parachute, Press Rewind, and Still Waiting are all great. I definitely could see Girls Aloud singing on some of these songs.

As for Xenomania though, one of their best tracks for me was Sophie Ellis-Bextor's If You Go. It's on the same level as Call The Shots. I really wish they would have worked more together.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/28/2016 at 3:09 PM, Andydrew2 said:

From their new album We Stay Together, Hole In My Soul, Parachute, Press Rewind, and Still Waiting are all great. I definitely could see Girls Aloud singing on some of these songs.

As for Xenomania though, one of their best tracks for me was Sophie Ellis-Bextor's If You Go. It's on the same level as Call The Shots. I really wish they would have worked more together.

Some of these do actually sound like Girls Aloud tracks, but weirdly enough they're more like GA tracks from WWTNS instead of Ten. :stretcher: It's such a weird throwback sound!

8 hours ago, Countess said:

Some of these do actually sound like Girls Aloud tracks, but weirdly enough they're more like GA tracks from WWTNS instead of Ten. :stretcher: It's such a weird throwback sound!

I can totally hear that. The only track that had a modern Girls Aloud sound was Parachute. That was inspired (borrowed) from The Loving Kind. Everytime the chorus from Parachute starts, I always start singing The Loving Kind unintentionally.

On 12/23/2016 at 1:29 PM, Andydrew2 said:

I can totally hear that. The only track that had a modern Girls Aloud sound was Parachute. That was inspired (borrowed) from The Loving Kind. Everytime the chorus from Parachute starts, I always start singing The Loving Kind unintentionally.

Which is so ironic because 'The Loving Kind' is one of the small percentage of GA songs not even written by Xenomania! :stretcher: I see what you mean tho, they do sound really similiar. ;) 

• YAAASSS 1