Life On Mars era collab tracks of The Veronicas + Cherie Currie dropping this month!!!

V

Anyone remember when The Veronicas recorded some tracks with Cherie Currie back in 2011?  And then around two years later, Cherie was saying she had no idea why they weren't out yet...

...they're coming out this month!!!

"It will be coming out in September, I never though it would see the light of day.”

I know the Life On Mars era was one of my all time fave sounds... who else is hype af for this to finally drop?!

• YAAASSS 5

10 hours ago, Countess said:

Well that's pretty cool! Are we sure they're the same songs and not just some new tracks featuring Veronicas background vocals tho?

“But that record was shelved for five years.”

She talks about how there was apparently a legal process to get these songs out, it sounds to me like it's the 2011 tracks!

It’s only coming out now, according to Currie, because Blackheart Records took an interest. “I negotiated with them instead of through my lawyer who I had to let go — two lawyers actually.”

11 hours ago, Cypher said:

So the songs are being rebranded as her, featuring The Veronicas? I think it's great that these songs are able to be released officially!

There's no way of knowing how they were officially going to be marketed if it'd been released back then, though, because in the beginning all they talked about was that they worked together, and how amazing each other were to work with.  Sounds like there were a lot of people she worked with, all tracks for the same album.

-

(that's a lot of words, goodnight & sorry if they don't make sense aaaaaahhhh)

On 9/14/2016 at 10:37 PM, V said:

“But that record was shelved for five years.”

She talks about how there was apparently a legal process to get these songs out, it sounds to me like it's the 2011 tracks!

It’s only coming out now, according to Currie, because Blackheart Records took an interest. “I negotiated with them instead of through my lawyer who I had to let go — two lawyers actually.”

There's no way of knowing how they were officially going to be marketed if it'd been released back then, though, because in the beginning all they talked about was that they worked together, and how amazing each other were to work with.  Sounds like there were a lot of people she worked with, all tracks for the same album.

-

(that's a lot of words, goodnight & sorry if they don't make sense aaaaaahhhh)

Ooooh, you must be right then! I didn't see that bit! How exciting! :excited: 

How am I just finding out about this now?! :stretcher: Ugh, I hope something gets released, I'm dying for new Veronicas. I still bop to In My Blood, but I have absolutely no idea why they haven't released the album, a pre order at least, or a second single. IMB went number 1 in Australia, what are they waiting for? I also really need to hear the studio version of Best Friend.

• Like 1
  • YAAASSS 1