Tomb Raider Appreciation

Impossible Ryan

19 hours ago, Countess said:

I wonder if the rock climbing will be a game mechanic? That could be fun to handle on a big island!

It sounds like, to me, that Shadow is going to be kind of where she leaves behind her origin storyline. But, it does make me wonder, is this the final game or will another trilogy come out after this "Survivor Timeline" set of games.

• 1 month later...
On 4/27/2018 at 11:01 PM, Ruthless Love said:

It sounds like, to me, that Shadow is going to be kind of where she leaves behind her origin storyline. But, it does make me wonder, is this the final game or will another trilogy come out after this "Survivor Timeline" set of games.

I highly doubt this will be the final game considering how successful the franchise has been for Square Enix. I wouldn't even be surprised if this turned into their version of Assassin's Creed with a new game and location every year!

On 6/7/2018 at 12:29 PM, Countess said:

I highly doubt this will be the final game considering how successful the franchise has been for Square Enix. I wouldn't even be surprised if this turned into their version of Assassin's Creed with a new game and location every year!

I'm pretty sure they're going to wait to see how the game is received and performed. I recall reading, some time ago, that there were only three games planned as a trilogy event. I'd love more than three, because what Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics / Eidos Montréal have created is pure magic.

On 6/13/2018 at 12:23 AM, Ruthless Love said:

I'm pretty sure they're going to wait to see how the game is received and performed. I recall reading, some time ago, that there were only three games planned as a trilogy event. I'd love more than three, because what Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics / Eidos Montréal have created is pure magic.

Well they're definitely not gonna let such a profitable franchise die, and I can't imagine they'll reboot it again so soon after already doing that once. ? But maybe they could set up a new trilogy where she travels to Africa or something.

I'd like some standalone games next I think, that aren't connected as a trilogy. Just Lara finding out about an artefact and her adventure towards finding it. AND MORE / BETTER PUZZLES! Haha. I've found since Crystal Dynamics took over with TR Legend that the tombs and artefacts Lara is after are so easy to access because the puzzles are quite basic? I'd be here for them bringing back puzzles where you have to search for a key, or missing pieces, to open a door or complete a mechanism.

7 hours ago, Countess said:

Well they're definitely not gonna let such a profitable franchise die, and I can't imagine they'll reboot it again so soon after already doing that once. ? But maybe they could set up a new trilogy where she travels to Africa or something.

Meh. I hope not. But we will see, I guess!

5 hours ago, coolaideonfire said:

I'd like some standalone games next I think, that aren't connected as a trilogy. Just Lara finding out about an artefact and her adventure towards finding it. AND MORE / BETTER PUZZLES! Haha. I've found since Crystal Dynamics took over with TR Legend that the tombs and artefacts Lara is after are so easy to access because the puzzles are quite basic? I'd be here for them bringing back puzzles where you have to search for a key, or missing pieces, to open a door or complete a mechanism.

Well, Crystal Dynamics has taken a backseat with the new game. Eidos Montréal has taken the primary role of developing the game from Crystal.

On 6/19/2018 at 7:50 PM, coolaideonfire said:

I totally agree with you on the puzzles! Have you played Breath of the Wild? I think Nintendo really nailed it with that when it came to the game being open world enough that it will attract modern day players but also including enough (often optional) puzzles that will keep longtime fans happy. ;) 

• Like 1