Jump to content

We've had some people tell us that they're unable to send messages to members because their inboxes are too full. Please don't forget to check your inbox and delete old messages to free up space so that you can still receive new ones!

Impossible Ryan

Tomb Raider Appreciation

Recommended Posts

Ooh, I love tomb raider! I love playing on console though and they haven't remade the older ones for PS4 or Xbox so maybe I should just get them for computer.

I know they're making a new movie which I'm excited about, although Angelina Jolie isn't in it she was a really good Tomb Raider and did all of her own stunts. I didn't know they were making a new game though! I just finished the last a few weeks ago for the 2nd time, I forgot the name but the one with all the camp sites (I don't like that!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, hounderawr said:

Ooh, I love tomb raider! I love playing on console though and they haven't remade the older ones for PS4 or Xbox so maybe I should just get them for computer.

I know they're making a new movie which I'm excited about, although Angelina Jolie isn't in it she was a really good Tomb Raider and did all of her own stunts. I didn't know they were making a new game though! I just finished the last a few weeks ago for the 2nd time, I forgot the name but the one with all the camp sites (I don't like that!)

Was it Tomb Raider or Rise of the Tomb Raider?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if it's worth posting here but some french guy is doing a remake of Tomb Raider II for its 20 years anniversary and he just uploaded a demo of the first level!

Please login or register to see this link.

Here's a video of it ;)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, nanapop99 said:

Not sure if it's worth posting here but some french guy is doing a remake of Tomb Raider II for its 20 years anniversary and he just uploaded a demo of the first level!

Please login or register to see this link.

Here's a video of it ;)

 

This looks so cool! I wish that they had a Mac version, I would download it in a minute.

Speaking of fan projects, did anyone ever see the fan-made Tomb Raider games starring Amanda Lepore? Some of these make me cry with laughter... :cackle:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ruthless Love said:

Please login or register to see this link.

WHATTTTTTTT?!?!?!?!?!??! I totally didn't expect a movie poster to drop! Thank you! Why didn't they use the original logo? This one is HORRIBLE! But Alicia looks STUNNING and I really hope they didn't mess up with the storyline and kept it similar to the original 2013 one. Found this:

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, naecos said:

WHATTTTTTTT?!?!?!?!?!??! I totally didn't expect a movie poster to drop! Thank you! Why didn't they use the original logo? This one is HORRIBLE! But Alicia looks STUNNING and I really hope they didn't mess up with the storyline and kept it similar to the original 2013 one. Found this:

 

They probably wanted the film to stand out from the video game, because I heard while it's influenced by the 2013 reboot it does maintain its own storyline, etc. I don't hate the logo, honestly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like that it's part Tomb Raider, part Rise of the Tomb Raider (+ DLC packages) and part originality. I didn't think I'd be sold on Vikander as Lara, but based on the trailer, I'm living her thus far. Looks like a fun film, and I might actually see it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/09/2017 at 11:00 PM, Ruthless Love said:

I like that it's part Tomb Raider, part Rise of the Tomb Raider (+ DLC packages) and part originality. I didn't think I'd be sold on Vikander as Lara, but based on the trailer, I'm living her thus far. Looks like a fun film, and I might actually see it!

ooh that looks so amazing! you can see where they've taken sort of parts of the game, and then parts of original stuff. looks ammmaazing. I was the same I didn't think anyone could fill Angelina's shoes, she just is and always will be Lara tbh although Alicia isn't too bad either.

On 22/09/2017 at 9:22 PM, coolaideonfire said:

The film looks really good. I'm looking forward to seeing it, even if Angelina will always be Lara Croft to me.

Agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've gotta agree with

Please login or register to see this link.

 on the logo, but other than that I'm really liking what I see so far! Alicia does have big shoes to fill following on from Angelina but she seems to be doing a good job so far. Fingers crossed it turns out better than all of Square Enix's other film endeavours... :stretcher: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


data-matched-content-rows-num="1" data-matched-content-columns-num="6" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked"

About #PopHatesFlops:

Since our start as a blog called #PopHatesFags in 2012, PHF has consistently provided you with the latest pop culture news and hottest new releases. Join us as we analyse everything pop culture, build new friendships, and discuss the latest news and tracks exclusive to #PopHatesFlops!

Member of the Month:

At first it seems odd that mceyedol has only made 438 posts on PHF given how huge a part of the forum culture they are; but when you look at the standard of their posts, you see that they're definitely going for a quality over quantity technique. mceyedol has been with us for two years and throughout their time here they've always shown nothing but kindness, humility and humour in their posts, and we're absolutely overjoyed that they've decided to stick around! Enjoy your special month boo!

×