We've had some people tell us that they're unable to send messages to members because their inboxes are too full. Please don't forget to check your inbox and delete old messages to free up space so that you can still receive new ones!

Impossible Ryan

Tomb Raider Appreciation

33 minutes ago, nanapop99 said:

I finished all of them except for the first four games 8)

The first four are really hard to finish, yes. The games are easier since Angel Of Darkness, and really easy since Legend :lol: !

But the only one I never finished (without cheating) is The Last Revelation. Am I the only one to find this one impossible? :/

2 hours ago, Speakerphone said:

The first four are really hard to finish, yes. The games are easier since Angel Of Darkness, and really easy since Legend :lol: !

But the only one I never finished (without cheating) is The Last Revelation. Am I the only one to find this one impossible? :/

Angel of Darkness and Legend were my first games ever :D ! I found them so hard when I first played it :lol:

I stopped playing The Last Revelation after the car chase in the desert so i really don't know if it's impossible but i've heard that TR3 and TR4 were the hardest games of the series.

6 hours ago, nanapop99 said:

i've heard that TR3 and TR4 were the hardest games of the series.

Yeah, for me these two were the hardest. Then the second and first.

11 hours ago, NamiraWilhelm said:

And the graphics of the older games are probably too rubbish for me to want to go back and complete them now...

The graphics & the controls of the older games are probably the reason why I'll never finsh them :lol:

On 16.08.2016 at 10:06 AM, nanapop99 said:

The first four games are so hard but I want to finish them so badly! Like I bought them on both PC and PS3 but I never play them for more than 30 minutes :lol:

I'm still thinking whether I should buy or not the PS4 edition because I already have the PC one but the DLC looks so interesting!

I have the same! I play a bit and then I'm like "fuck it, it's too hard". It's because of the textures, you can't really see any passages and it's confusing to me :/ Well, I don't know tbh. If the DLC is very promising, then go ahead ;)

I play games for story only, so I often choose the easier modes to play in. But yeah, tomb raider can still be hard >< doesn't help that I'm a coward and I jump out of my skin very easily

Supposedly, the new game will be entitled Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and that Eidos Montréal has taken over the development of the game for Square Enix, instead of Crystal Dynamics, who developed the first two games.

2 hours ago, Ruthless Love said:

Supposedly, the new game will be entitled Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and that Eidos Montréal has taken over the development of the game for Square Enix, instead of Crystal Dynamics, who developed the first two games.

:orly: I still haven't played the second game (I wanted to download it for my PS4 during the exclusivity period but then I forgot about it) but I heard good things about it...I wonder why they decided to move development to a new team? Hopefully they don't mess it up too much!

55 minutes ago, Countess said:

:orly: I still haven't played the second game (I wanted to download it for my PS4 during the exclusivity period but then I forgot about it) but I heard good things about it...I wonder why they decided to move development to a new team? Hopefully they don't mess it up too much!

For me, Rise of the Tomb Raider started off slower than Tomb Raider, but the overall gameplay was so much more enjoyable than the first.  As for why they might be switching from Crystal to Eidos... I haven't a single clue.  It's unconfirmed at this point.

I loved the original 4 games but I never played any after that until the recent reboot.

Loved Tomb Raider and I only just got round to buying rise of the tomb raider this year, i'm enjoying it so far but yes it is a bit slow to get going

• YAAASSS 1

22 hours ago, Ruthless Love said:

For me, Rise of the Tomb Raider started off slower than Tomb Raider, but the overall gameplay was so much more enjoyable than the first.  As for why they might be switching from Crystal to Eidos... I haven't a single clue.  It's unconfirmed at this point.

That's saying a lot because I think I played until around halfway through Tomb Raider and I still didn't feel as though it had quite gotten into the swing of things... :'( I'll give the sequel a go though, I'm glad there's at least a return to the tombs!

33 minutes ago, Countess said:

That's saying a lot because I think I played until around halfway through Tomb Raider and I still didn't feel as though it had quite gotten into the swing of things... :'( I'll give the sequel a go though, I'm glad there's at least a return to the tombs!

For me, Rise of the Tomb Raider was a much better developed game for Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics. Plus, there were some twists that happened that truly shocked me!

• YAAASSS 1

24 minutes ago, Ruthless Love said:

For me, Rise of the Tomb Raider was a much better developed game for Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics. Plus, there were some twists that happened that truly shocked me!

Totally agree it's better than the first one! Loved playing it over and over till i had everything.

• YAAASSS 1

3 minutes ago, kallumlavigne said:

Totally agree it's better than the first one! Loved playing it over and over till i had everything.

Exactly!  Plus, the DLC content was pretty good, and makes me wish it could've been a third game all by itself!  So, my hopes are high for Shadow!

1 hour ago, Ruthless Love said:

Exactly!  Plus, the DLC content was pretty good, and makes me wish it could've been a third game all by itself!  So, my hopes are high for Shadow!

I loved the DLC too, i really wish there is a third game!

• YAAASSS 1

29 minutes ago, kallumlavigne said:

I loved the DLC too, i really wish there is a third game!

I'm sure we'll get a teaser by the end of 2017, and an official announcement by next year.