The Food Thread

trayertrash

2 minutes ago, Countess said:

Tell us what they taste like! I've wanted to make almond cheese for a while. :P 

almond cheese doesn't taste like dairy cheese, it has the texture of cheese, but nowhere close to is. It is still good tho! Daiya is a great brand if you're looking for the same cheese taste and texture and nutritional yeast is pretty decent on things you'd normally top with cheese like pastas ;) 

On 7/19/2016 at 3:04 PM, trayertrash said:

almond cheese doesn't taste like dairy cheese, it has the texture of cheese, but nowhere close to is. It is still good tho! Daiya is a great brand if you're looking for the same cheese taste and texture and nutritional yeast is pretty decent on things you'd normally top with cheese like pastas ;) 

Ugh, I would buy that if we had it in Australia but the vegan craze hasn't quite hit our supermarkets yet. :'( You pretty much have to make everything yourself which makes it difficult to make quick and easy meals here.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 3/14/2019 at 12:17 AM, Ruthless Love said:

I'm naturally not a soda guy, but I'm definitely more Pepsi than Coke. But, I can have either or. Neither makes a difference to me.

I definitely prefer Coke over Pepsi, which is pretty much at the bottom of my list. :/ But I try my best to stay away from both because there's just so much damn sugar!

3 hours ago, Skinny Legend said:

I definitely prefer Coke over Pepsi, which is pretty much at the bottom of my list. :/ But I try my best to stay away from both because there's just so much damn sugar!

I really only indulge in soda if I go to the movies, which is a rarity, or if it's a holiday like Thanksgiving or the Fourth of July!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ruthless Love said:

I really only indulge in soda if I go to the movies, which is a rarity, or if it's a holiday like Thanksgiving or the Fourth of July!

I am the same way.  Except for when I have fast food.  I do try though to substitute the soda for something else when they have other options.  I never buy sodas at the grocery store though.   I can go 2 - 3 weeks without one if I really pay attention.  I went 3 years once without having a single soda.  I am pretty sure I could stop completely if truly I wanted to.  I am pretty strong willed for the most part.  But to be honest,, I enjoy them from time to time. 

Edited by Whoknowsmehere

44 minutes ago, Whoknowsmehere said:

I am the same way.  Except for when I have fast food.  I do try though to substitute the soda for something else when they have other options.  I never buy sodas at the grocery store though.   I can go 2 - 3 weeks without one if I really pay attention.  I went 3 years once without having a single soda.  I am pretty sure I could stop completely if truly I wanted to.  I am pretty strong willed for the most part.  But to be honest,, I enjoy them from time to time. 

I don't even eat fast food. It's been 12 or so years since I've had McDonald's, and I have no regrets.