The Future Of PopHatesFlops

Last night, after much debate, @Countess and I came to a decision about certain members and the overall future of PHF.
Please don't worry, we are NOT closing the site, banning anyone nor will this become a Meghan Trainor fan-site.  
Our goal today is to address issues between members and put an end to the unwanted behavior that is plaguing the forum. 

The past few months, the number of regular members has doubled, maybe even tripled!
As a member of this forum for nearly 4 years, it's been so exciting to meet new people, develop friendships, discover new artists and see PHF finally getting the recognition and growth it deserves.
With this newly brought on attention, we're aware  there's a higher chances of fighting occurring on the forum.
We don't really punish people for fighting, but we do tell y'all when you need to stop being little shits.
We're advocates of free speech and think it's best to not punish or ban members over little spats.
People generally get over it and either avoid each other or make up after a page or two of fighting.
That in itself isn't really an issue, it's more of the specific type of behavior several new members find acceptable to bring to this forum...

This behavior may damage the reputation of PHF.
This behavior may cause some of our most beloved members to leave.
This is a type of behavior that should shame us all.
It breaks my heart to have to announce this, but our forum has quite a few basic bitches.
We, as a forum, need to fight against this behavior.
This is a serious issue and it's best if we evaluate what a basic bitch is instead of throwing accusations out there.
Our goal is to not hurt or shame anyone, but to eliminate this problem.

Despite common misconceptions, a basic bitch is NOT necessarily someone who listen to Allie X, Melanie Martinez or Natallia Kills.
As someone who listens to a variety of music (1920's jazz, 1940's musicals, 1980's satanic death metal and 90's pop being my most beloved genres) I don't think music taste should be a factor when identifying basic bitchness.  
Music is something we all experience and love differently and we need to respect that. 

So what do we look for when seeking out basic bitch behavior?
 A basic bitch is someone who only posts in the Music Trading thread and chatbox.
A basic bitch is someone who starts pointless drama over a song leaking.
A basic bitch is someone who posts in the chatbox how 'dead' the forum is while they've been on the site 8+ hours a day for the past 10 months but only have 3 posts.
Not knowing who America is @IntoYouu
A basic bitch is someone who notices these behaviors and does nothing. 

Please, as your newest mod, I beg all of you to take action NOW! If we all join together I know we can prevent PHF from being yet another forum known by this specific flaw.
Finally, I'd like to remind everyone to stop being little shits. 
If you continue to make the choice to be a little shit, you must donate $1 to PHF or gift me an unleaked songs.

That is all 
<3

• YAAASSS 8

8 minutes ago, trayertrash said:

Please, as your newest mod, I beg all of you to take action NOW! If we all join together I know we can prevent PHF from being yet another forum known by this specific flaw.
Finally, I'd like to remind everyone to stop being little shits. 
If you continue to make the choice to be a little shit, you must donate $1 to PHF or gift me an unleaked songs.

That is all 
<3

First of all, I love how your post sounds like an alcoholic grandmother calling us "little shits" <3. Second of all, PREACH GURLLLLLLL. If everyone would just get along, and apologize to each other, PHF would be a much safer place for all gays to unite and celebrate our faves :P.

• YAAASSS 1

1 minute ago, ArtAngels said:

(already said this in the chatbox but trayertrash got mad, heres the extended version) i'm feeling very very very very very very very very very very very very very attacked right now... 

If you feel attack maybe it's because it applies to you 
oprah-is-not-buying-it.gif

• YAAASSS 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Watson said:

First of all, I love how your post sounds like an alcoholic grandmother calling us "little shits" <3. Second of all, PREACH GURLLLLLLL. If everyone would just get along, and apologize to each other, PHF would be a much safer place for all gays to unite and celebrate our faves :P.

And the straights! Don't exclude @Cypher from this! 

• YAAASSS 1

• trayertrash featured, unfeatured, pinned and featured this topic