Introducing PHF Apprentice!

Tyra Banks

I messaged my entry to @Countess last night since I was having issues posting on here, but here's mine. ;) 

Spoiler

12939302_10153518714901728_201076084_n.jpg.8309859cc987f15a3f1ec5ba007d0ace.jpg

#POPHATESFLOPS Sophomore EP 'Purgatory Wave' - Coming Summer 2016!

#POPHATESFLOPS is a genre blending compilation effort from the users of pophatesflops.com (formerly known as pophatesfags) Following the release of their 2015 self-title EP, #PHF is back again, this time to change the face of pop culture.  

Ain't Ready, by exciting new rapper Kevinn Edu, is the EP's first single. Edu has been stunning the critics, who have declared him to be "continually surprising" and "a vocal game changer." Other anticipated artists on the EP include the reigning queen of experimental dark pop, Matilda Mantis and, having amazed us on the first EP, the returning of pop-rap fuser Chris Carbo.

Official Site: http://www.pophatesflops.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PHF-194776087345528/?fref=ts
Tumblr: 
http://pophatesflops.tumblr.com/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/PopHatesFlops

EP Concept 

Purgatory is a place of isolation, outside of, but in sight of, Paradise. The feeling of being caught between two dimensions. Each song on the EP will mark the descent from joy to indifference, as the moods and visions swing between amusement and apathy and between peace and vulnerability.

Promotional Strategy

While the first single of most unsigned artists is currently and typically released on soundcloud, I thought that the next release should be a bit more avant-garde; a youtube acoustic live stream. With dozens of forums and social media sites to post the link on, it will guarantee dozens of viewers and help spread the word of #POPHATESFLOPS and the flawless future stars we represent. To promote the EP, each artist will release a video to promote or accompany their song. It can be a snippet, music video, lyric video or an interview detailing their creative techniques and inspirations.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Players, thank you so much for your amazing submissions! I can honestly say that this is the hardest decision I've had to make in this entire competition as the standard of work is so high at this point. I love all of your submissions for different reasons, but unfortunately there can only be one winner. As such, read on to hear our analysis of each of your works and to figure out who the winner will be!

Spoiler

@Neon, we thought that your cover was probably the most interesting of the bunch, and montaged everything that we represent together really well! While we thought that your EP concept was a little too convoluted and took the PHF name too literally, we thought that your release strategy was new and innovative, even if it was quite similar to an idea that was proposed for @Kevinn Edu's single release. We also thought that your press release was the best one we've seen - it looked very professional and it's definitely something we can imagine ourselves sending out!

@RadiantEdits, we know that you had only a little time to work on this task, but we thought you did a great job given the limited time you had! The release strategy and press release were simple but you hit the mark with what you were saying. That said, everything in your submission did seem a little sparse, especially the EP concept and the album artwork. Overall though, we thought you did quite a good job with this task, even if you did play the whole thing a little bit safe.

@trayertrash, we also thought you did a great job on this task! You came up with super interesting ideas, even if we thought more detail could have been added to communicate your vision more effectively. Your album artwork isn't exactly original, but it definitely represents the PHF brand and aesthetic very well, even if we're not sure about the typography you used. We know you're not a graphic designer though, so we won't hold that against you! Your EP concept is interesting but broad enough to be easy to write for, and your promotional strategy is definitely the most interesting out of all three!

With that said, I thought everyone did a great job on this task and communicated their unique ideas in different but equally effective ways. I have decided my own personal winner for this task. However, as a moderator, you will be interacting not only with me, but also with the rest of the forum. As such, I have decided to open up the vote to the rest of the forum. My vote will thus count for 25% of the final vote, with the rest of the forums votes counting for the other 75% to decide the ultimate winner. Voting will last five days from today, ending at midnight on Tuesday LA time. Click here to vote!

You are free to vote for yourselves if you would like to! You can also do whatever you'd like to try and convince other members to vote for you to win, so feel free to post a statement in here saying why you think you'd be a great mod. At the end of this process, we will decide the winner of this task, who will go on to become the one and only forum moderator. I'm so excited to see who will be crowned as mod and who will work with me to bring PHF into the future!

Good luck to all our contestants, and we can't wait to see who wins! Viewers, make sure you vote to let your voice be heard!

Archived