Introducing PHF Apprentice!

Tyra Banks

3 hours ago, Donald Trump said:

Fifth Task:

Reveal hidden contents

Can't wait to see what everyone is going to do! This sounds like such a fun, yet challenging task!!!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you to both teams for your submissions! You both went above and beyond to creatively address this task and offer us ideas we have never experimented with before in our past events. We found both of your ideas equally compelling, fun and community-building, which lead us to look to other reasons for disqualification this week around. As such, we examined we the ways in which the team hierarchy works in order to make the following, obvious decision. The winner for this week's task is...

Spoiler

Teenage Rebellion, and @RadiantEdits!

Congratulations Teenage Rebellion! We found your idea to be a great extension of what we have already done with the radio show and thought it would be a great way to bring in new members and make the community even stronger - although we do think that the idea will have to be simplified a little before its official introduction. As per usual, you worked well together in a team and all seemed to pull your weight, and your graphic design was on point! @RadiantEdits, we will be in touch via PM as to your prize! Good work for breaking your losing streak!

Doomsday Squad, unfortunately due to the double elimination you are all up for elimination this week. While we loved your idea, we had an easy decision to make due to the lack of teamwork and participation in this weeks task from everyone but the team leader. As such, it will take quite a well-crafted argument for anyone but @trayertrash to stay in the game. Please post the reasons why you think you should stay down below!

Thank you for playing, and stay tuned for next weeks task!

I don't want @BITCH to go because I've loved working with them, but they didn't really participate at all this week (even though I understand why) :/ Also, I think Mitch is still on our team? He hasn't participated at all during the competition. Can we count Mitch and his beard and two eliminations. :stretcher:

I really don't want to go, but i'd understand if i had to since i didnt really participate this week due to tons of schoolwork. i had no free time :/ But its no Xcuse so i understand. Whatever happens i hope @trayertrash wins in the end, she's the most deserving of becoming mod <3

9 minutes ago, BITCH said:

I really don't want to go, but i'd understand if i had to since i didnt really participate this week due to tons of schoolwork. i had no free time :/ But its no Xcuse so i understand. Whatever happens i hope @trayertrash wins in the end, she's the most deserving of becoming mod <3

I'm really glad this competition allowed us to start talking more and to get to know each other. I don't think we would've really talked much without it so that's a plus. :) 

Thank you to all team members for your statements and for allowing us to come to our difficult decision. While we are sad to see both of these members go, we hope they know that we love them both and wish them nothing but the best!

Spoiler

@BITCH and @mitch

We're so sorry to see both of the Itchy Sisters go, but the lack of participation this week could not be overlooked, and nor could the team leaders great efforts. We're especially sorry to say good bye to @BITCH, who has been a great player in this competition and who deserves all of their successes! Players, please say your good byes and stay tuned for the next task coming up soon!

Sixth Task:

Hide contents

Welcome back to PHF Apprentice! We're down to the final four and the competition is stronger than ever, which means that the tasks will be getting more and more difficult. Will teams crack under the pressure, or will it motivate them to do even better than before? Stay tuned to find out!

This week's task will be based around a single release. Now that the PHF record label is up and running, we're starting to roll out our first official releases, starting with some of our favourite members own work. First up is a single by @Kevinn Edu called 'Ain't Ready' which can be downloaded for free here.

Teams will be asked to build a promotional plan around this single that will introduce Kevin to the general public and convey the message of the song in an interesting way. Each team will be asked to present album artwork for the release, a release strategy which details how and when the single will be rolled out, and a music video pitch. Teams should focus on not only representing Kevin's brand but also pushing boundaries when it comes to release strategies and coming up with new, creative ways to film the music video on a small budget. You can surprise drop a visual album like Bey, or set up an #EduDiary like RiRi - just make sure you don't pull a Kanye.

As per usual, we will require a team leader and all material must be handed in by midnight on Friday, LA time. This week, Kevin himself will step in as guest judge to assist with the decision-making process. In order to even up the teams, @Mona Lisa has been added to Doomsday Squad. The prize this week will consist of a $25 iTunes gift card that you may use on anything you'd like!

And one last thing...there is a spy in your midst. Beware.

Good luck!

Archived