Introducing PHF Apprentice!

Tyra Banks

Thank you to both teams for your submissions! We have forwarded both of them to Sizzy and we will be releasing the name of the winning team within the next day.

Please stay updated with this page. The winning team leader will be given their reward over the next twenty-four hours. The losing team leader will then have to give us their two nominations for elimination, and these three players will have twenty four hours to tell us why they should be the one to stay in the competition.

Stay tuned!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you all for tuning in to the Results stage of PHF Apprentice! Over the past few days we have been analysing both team's submissions in order to choose a winner. While we were impressed with the work that both teams contributed, at the end of the day there can only be one winner. With this in mind, please see our reasons of pros and cons for each team below.

Teenage Rebellion:

Spoiler

Pros:

• We absolutely loved your album artwork! We all thought it captured the vibe Sizzy was trying to achieve perfectly, and we thought that the polaroid idea was super creative and kept in touch perfectly with her 80s aesthetic.
  • It was clear that you researched Sizzy as an artist, judging by your choice of title, the release date chosen and the amount of tracks included in the tracklisting!
  • The idea to include the back cover for the album, the physical CD display design, and the promo poster was great, and each piece fitted together cohesively.
  • We thought that the press release was colourful and fun, and loved the PHF reference as well! We also thought that including the pre-sale link to tickets was a great way to continue promoting Sizzy as an artist.
  • We liked the idea of including the covers as bonus tracks, given that some of those songs are what Sizzy is best known for.

Cons:

• Given that the artwork was meant to be designed so that it could be used as a legitimate album cover, we thought it was slightly unprofessional to have the RadiantEdits tag in the corner of the image.
  • The press release had several grammatical errors which made it look somewhat unprofessional. The tracklisting also included some strange advertising-looking images beside the text that made it look rushed.
  • While we loved the idea of including a download link for members of our forum, we realise that this would not have been plausible to send out with every press release.

Doomsday Squad:

Spoiler

Pros:

• The title you chose was a good one, even though some research would have shown that there was already an official album title chosen that you could have used.
  • We loved your tracklisting - it seemed as though it was more of a true listing for an album, rather than just a collection of songs linked together.
  • Your press release was very professional and written in exactly the correct style for a professional release. The inclusion of the manager's name and the links to the songs was spot on and showed that you had conducted a lot of research, and all the formatting was exactly the way it should have been. We definitely think that this press release could be used for an official album!

Cons:

• We felt as though the album artwork wasn't quite the look that Sizzy was going for. We felt as though the black and white shot made it look as though the album was full of ballads, and that the font was uninspired.
  • As a new and probably unrecognisable artist to most, we felt that not including Sizzy's name on the album cover would not be a wise business move.
  • While it was not strictly necessary, we did mention in the task outline that you could include other promotional material in your submission, which you did not do.

While I did take into consideration other peoples opinions this week, the final decision was ultimately mine. With all pros and cons taken into consideration, I have decided that the winner will be...

Spoiler

Teenage Rebellion, and @RadiantEdits!

Congratulations Teenage Rebellion! While we must admit that your press release was not quite on par with Doomsday Squad's, we couldn't look past the accuracy of all your designs, which were all cohesive with Sizzy's brand and which clearly required a lot of effort. Your unique tracklisting and promotional plans also contributed to the first win of the season. As a result of your win, you will be free from elimination this week. I will be in touch with @RadiantEdits personally regarding a prize. Great work!

While we were also impressed with Doomsday Squad's work, we ultimately felt that less effort had been put into their submission, which was evident in the album artwork and the lack of additional promotional materials. As such, we will have to ask that @Cyphernominates two of their fellow teammates who they believe should be eliminated instead of them in this thread, and request that they provide reasons for their nominations. Teammates nominated will also be able to provide reasons in this thread as to why they think they should stay, and who should be eliminated instead of them. These three nominees for elimination will have until midday on Sunday to discuss who they think they should be eliminated amongst themselves - see the timer below for reference. We will provide you with the name of the person eliminated by Sunday afternoon.

Stay tuned for the announcement of who will be sent home!

What if I refuse to nominate elimination contestants? I thought my team worked very hard and well together. I take full blame for the team and believe the other three members should move on to the next phase of the contest. Not only was there an even amount of work distributed, but everyone pulled their weight. For the most part, I agree with everything the team submitted. If anything, I might have to say I disagree with some of your judgements, but I'll reserve my comments as they clearly don't matter.

15 minutes ago, Cypher said:

What if I refuse to nominate elimination contestants? I thought my team worked very hard and well together. I take full blame for the team and believe the other three members should move on to the next phase of the contest. Not only was there an even amount of work distributed, but everyone pulled their weight. For the most part, I agree with everything the team submitted. If anything, I might have to say I disagree with some of your judgements, but I'll reserve my comments as they clearly don't matter.

While we admire your loyalty to your team, the fact remains that one contestant has to leave at the end of every week. If you do not wish to nominate any of your team members, your team members will be invited to volunteer for elimination and be judged alongside you. If no team members volunteer, the team leader will be eliminated by default.

7 minutes ago, RadiantEdits said:

Thank You So Much! :shocked:

I'm very greatful and glad you liked the work we did <3

Check your PMs when you have a chance. ;) Also, check out @sizzyrocket on Instagram, she's just posted your cover to her followers!

40 minutes ago, Donald Trump said:

While we admire your loyalty to your team, the fact remains that one contestant has to leave at the end of every week. If you do not wish to nominate any of your team members, your team members will be invited to volunteer for elimination and be judged alongside you. If no team members volunteer, the team leader will be eliminated by default.

Check your PMs when you have a chance. ;) Also, check out @sizzyrocket on Instagram, she's just posted your cover to her followers!

Yassss Gimme that promo Sizzy! :excited: I'm glad she likes it <3

7 hours ago, Donald Trump said:

I choose to volunteer myself.

Second Task:

Spoiler

Teams, welcome back to the second week of PHF Apprentice! We hope you've enjoyed the game so far and that you'll enjoy this week's task.

While last week's task was very focused around finding your own creativity, the second task you'll complete will be all about gaining new members for the forum. Older members will remember this task from the early days of PHF when we gave out prizes for the people who could refer the most people in the month! This time, we won't just be looking for sheer numbers of people, but for how well they engage with the community as well.

Teams will use seperate, unique links - this one for Teenage Rebellion, and this one for Doomsday Squad - in order to bring in new members to the site. These unique links will tell us who has referred who, so make sure you use them! Teams can refer people by promoting on their personal social media, other forums, or elsewhere online. However, the amount of people referred will only account for 50% of our decision. The other 50% will be based on how well you came up with a unique and interesting marketing campaign that didn't just involve spamming websites and hoping for clicks.

As per usual, we will require a team leader and one team member will be eliminated at the end of this week. As a result of @Cypher's elimination, @trayertrash has been moved to the Doomsday Squad team to even up numbers.

The winner of this task will recieve one unreleased song snippet from a selection of five artists - Kylie Minogue, Neon Hitch, Sia, Natalia Kills or Kerli. They may do whatever they wish to with this snippet without repurcussion or judgement. The snippet will be longer than the first one we gave out, and if you have already recieved one from that artist you will get a different section of the song for your second snippet.

Archived