How Can PHF Be Improved?

Main Pop Girl

On May 9, 2016 at 6:55 AM, Gone Boy said:

I do! Who's the HOTTEST member?

I have some personal suggestions :blush:

I do too <3

On May 9, 2016 at 4:42 AM, Countess said:

That's a good idea! Once @trayertrash is back from her hiatus I'll ask her to set it up. :) 

I love that idea tbh, but I always struggle finding poll ideas. Even now I can't think of what I would replace this one with. :stretcher: Do you have any suggestions?

I've thought about that as well, but I feel like it wouldn't work that well on the mobile site. :/ Also, I wouldn't wanna just put pictures of artists on there so I'm not sure what we would add to the logo!

You could hold a design contest or something for different phf logos.

On 5/9/2016 at 9:55 PM, Gone Boy said:

I do! Who's the HOTTEST member?

I have some personal suggestions :blush:

You're a mess. :stretcher: Someome gimme a legit poll option and I'll put it up! Maybe something like which Britney album is the best or something?

On 5/13/2016 at 9:37 AM, Tweener said:

What about personal chatbox? Something like on facebook that in the corner you have your convo and you can explore phf.  Would it be possible?

We actually had that for a little while but no one used it and everyone told me to take it down. :shocked: I still like the idea though but I think I'd want it to be integrated with the messages which I'm not sure is possible.

On 5/21/2016 at 9:43 AM, Gone Boy said:

Could you fix the notifications issue. I don't seem to get all of them :/

And also there's a problem with the chat, at least on Safari. Sometimes I can't resize it, I don't know why.

I haven't noticed an issue with the notifications! I just updated the forum software so maybe it will have sorted itself out. If it's still not working let me know and I'll see what I can do. I've noticed the chatbox issue too so I'm gonna ask the creator about it. :magic: 

• YAAASSS 1

How about the icon picture buttons instead of words like "welcome center etc"

I feel like the main page looks over crowded at times

separate the  "news" tab from the "forum " tab

phone app could be cool but i'm sure its expensive to make one

and most importantly NEW MEMBERS... we need about 100 new members lol

Just wanted to let you guys know that I've updated the software again so notifications should hopefully be working!

I've also done some tweaking so that you'll soon be able to post emojis on PHF, which is way overdue. So everyone posting off their phones can keep doing so! I've also added a Preview button up on the top left of the editor, so you can use that before you make a post to check if everything's looking the way it should. Hope that helps some of you guys!

I'm also interested in getting a new theme for the forum. Do you guys think that would be a good idea? Would you be happy for me to decide or should we put it to a vote as to which one we get?

10 hours ago, PERFECTIONIST said:

How about the icon picture buttons instead of words like "welcome center etc"

I feel like the main page looks over crowded at times

separate the  "news" tab from the "forum " tab

phone app could be cool but i'm sure its expensive to make one

and most importantly NEW MEMBERS... we need about 100 new members lol

Do you mean having images saying 'Welcome Centre' and stuff like little buttons? Or just images associated with the forum? I think the latter is a good idea but I'm not sure what we would use for some of them. :stretcher: And when you say seperate the news and forum tabs, what do you mean by that? At the moment the chatbox is in between them.

I agree with the new members comment too. But the weird thing is we get like fifteen new members every day, it's just that a lot of them don't post publicly or they'll just make a couple of posts and then leave. :stretcher: I think some of them are just here to trade tbh, but I'm not sure about the ones who come and make a post in the Welcome Centre but then don't make any more posts. :/ 

10 hours ago, Tweener said:

I think the search option would be great in our personal messages :)

We have that already! But the problem is you can only search by username at the moment and not by text. :/ 

5 hours ago, Countess said:
  1. I'm also interested in getting a new theme for the forum. Do you guys think that would be a good idea? Would you be happy for me to decide or should we put it to a vote as to which one we get?
  2. Do you mean having images saying 'Welcome Centre' and stuff like little buttons? Or just images associated with the forum? I think the latter is a good idea but I'm not sure what we would use for some of them. :stretcher: And when you say seperate the news and forum tabs, what do you mean by that? At the moment the chatbox is in between them.
  3. I agree with the new members comment too. But the weird thing is we get like fifteen new members every day, it's just that a lot of them don't post publicly or they'll just make a couple of posts and then leave. :stretcher: I think some of them are just here to trade tbh, but I'm not sure about the ones who come and make a post in the Welcome Centre but then don't make any more posts. :/ 

1) YESSSSS plz lol

2)yes the latter! idk if it's just me but I hate a lot of text on the main page lol They taught us in marketing how distracting it can be for the eyes lol (we can put it to vote lol)

3) ive noticed lol I keep trying to get twitter users to join but no luck

Is it possible to switch the chatbox and the News box on the main page? To be honest, I feel like this News box is taking too much space. New articles aren't coming daily so it would be good if it could be at least minimised Ö

PS: any news on the pool box? I have tons of ideas for it :P 

• YAAASSS 1

On 5/27/2016 at 0:11 AM, PERFECTIONIST said:

1) YESSSSS plz lol

2)yes the latter! idk if it's just me but I hate a lot of text on the main page lol They taught us in marketing how distracting it can be for the eyes lol (we can put it to vote lol)

3) ive noticed lol I keep trying to get twitter users to join but no luck

1. Yasss okay, slay! I'll start a thread with all the ones I think are good and y'all can help me decide. ;)
  2. I know what you mean about the front page. :/ I'm not sure if it's possible to do with the system though but I do think it could look good. I'll look into it and see if it's possible. ;) 
  3. You're so sweet for all your Twitter promo! <3 Thank you so much for that boo, I definitely do notice and I really appreciate it. :P You need to be our official Social Media Co-Ordinator!
On 5/28/2016 at 2:51 AM, Gone Boy said:

Is it possible to switch the chatbox and the News box on the main page? To be honest, I feel like this News box is taking too much space. New articles aren't coming daily so it would be good if it could be at least minimised Ö

PS: any news on the pool box? I have tons of ideas for it :P 

Omg, I like having the news up the top of the page though! :stretcher: I think it makes the site look more professional, whereas if we had the chatbox as the first thing you see I think it would be kinda amateur looking. :/ 

On 5/28/2016 at 9:30 AM, PrettyBitch said:

I don't know if this would be possible, but it would be nice to have edits be live-updates, like on Skype or something, so that you don't have to refresh to see the changes.

I agree, that would be awesome! But I don't think it's possible. :( The only way you can see updates is if it's on something you yourself have edited.

Also @Gone Boy and @PrettyBitch, are notifications working for y'all yet?

5 hours ago, Countess said:
  1. Yasss okay, slay! I'll start a thread with all the ones I think are good and y'all can help me decide. ;)
  2. I know what you mean about the front page. :/ I'm not sure if it's possible to do with the system though but I do think it could look good. I'll look into it and see if it's possible. ;) 
  3. You're so sweet for all your Twitter promo! <3 Thank you so much for that boo, I definitely do notice and I really appreciate it. :P You need to be our official Social Media Co-Ordinator!

Omg, I like having the news up the top of the page though! :stretcher: I think it makes the site look more professional, whereas if we had the chatbox as the first thing you see I think it would be kinda amateur looking. :/ 

I agree, that would be awesome! But I don't think it's possible. :( The only way you can see updates is if it's on something you yourself have edited.

Also @Gone Boy and @PrettyBitch, are notifications working for y'all yet?

They work sometimes. I notice that they go away if I change pages, or if I access from a different device until a new one is sent (if that makes any sense)