How Can PHF Be Improved?

Main Pop Girl

2 hours ago, Skinny Legend said:

I can't find a function that would allow you to do that, but I can find one that would allow you to delete your own topics if you want... :orly: My only concern with that is if scammers started their own topics and then deleted the evidence when people called them out on it, but if people want the ability to do that I can set it up.

@Crywolf

@liberation

I think you're right about that. Maybe only allow post deleting to users with over 100 reputation or something? 

9 hours ago, Skinny Legend said:

@Crywolf isn't a moderator, they just have a different coloured name because they donated to the site a while ago and got it as a perk. ?

Honestly it would be cool to have a moderator, but every one I've had has used the moderation powers to their advantage. :stretcher: They ban members they don't like, plagiarize articles from other websites and delete posts that are negatively impacting their favourite artists...I've always thought @liberation would be a great mod because they're kind and not too crazy, but if they don't wanna do it I don't think I want anyone at all. :cackle:

OMG give me that job so i can ban all the camila stans and xtina haters!!!! :yaskween:

Spoiler

But seriously, it would be a pleasure to be a moderator, i'm here for it anytime :wink: 

• 4 weeks later...

Could we please do something about the annoying influx of spam accounts who come here only to post in the trading thread / leaks thread? :yeah:

I know there's a 100 post limit thing but it doesn't necessarily restrict anything and just causes people to spam every part of the forum. 

I also know sometimes it can be fun to watch & entertaining but not on a daily basis :fishie:

• Like 1
  • YAAASSS 1
  • LMAO 1

On 12/27/2018 at 8:35 PM, Fetish said:

Could we please do something about the annoying influx of spam accounts who come here only to post in the trading thread / leaks thread? :yeah:

I know there's a 100 post limit thing but it doesn't necessarily restrict anything and just causes people to spam every part of the forum. 

I also know sometimes it can be fun to watch & entertaining but not on a daily basis :fishie:

100 post thing has been changed/removed and ever since it has, everything has gone downhill.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
5 hours ago, 911 said:

I noticed a lot of people are talking about the forum on the discord, even about the stories that happen on here but strangely they aren't connected on the forum since a while (even in anonymous). 
In fact, lot of members receive all the new posts by mail and so, don't even dare to connect on the forum. They only read the mails and that's all. 

Some people even do that with private messages. They read the pm by mail and if they are not interested, they don't even take time to connect on the forum to reply or to simply make the conversation as "read". Sometimes they also use that to scam. They receive the song by mail/pm but never reply by sending their song in return. And the victim is like "does he read my pm ? Is he dead ?". It's annoying tbh.

This is the first forum i know where things are like that. And i was wondering if it's still a good idea. 

Maybe the forum needs some changes to have more activity or members visiting this place ? 

I think being alert by mail when we receive a pm, without the possibility to read the content, could be a good idea. We could finally be aware if the person have really read our pm or not. 

And about what's going on on the forum, i think we should stop sending the content of every post by mail. If people want to know what's going on, they have to connect to the forum. Because what's the point to connect to the forum when you already read the message on your mail ?

That's an interesting point. I turned off my e-mail notifications years ago so I guess I've never really noticed.

Maybe I'll try and make it so the default setting is that you don't receive any e-mail notifications, but you can turn them on if you want to.

I'm not sure if it's possible to show that you've received a PM without showing the contents but I can look into that too!

Thanks for the great suggestion. <3 Means a lot to me!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It's more and more difficult to trade on this site. People make few alt accounts to scam, get snippets and simply know song titles and after they create a new account again to do the same shit. 
We can't really ban anyone with the certitude they will not come back with a vpn or proxy. 

All of these things affect the forum. We can't safety trade anymore. And since people mainly come here to trade or for the leaks, the forum start to not be so active than before and it's sad. 

I think some actions need to be taken.

I was thinking of not allow new registrations with a vpn and proxy. 
(can be find here https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/9695-proxy-vpn-disposable-email-blocker/ )

Edited by Zacki
  • Like 1