How Can PHF Be Improved?

Main Pop Girl

On 21/01/2018 at 7:32 AM, Ari said:

:spy::dealwithit:
Mess I didn't even know it was a thing, have noticed masterposts outside it hence assuming there was none.
Don't suppose you can move my Ariana masterpost from Jukebox to over Collections and maybe the other recent loose ones so it's all in the place it should be?
If not it's okay, I would've put it in there had I known it existed :fishie: 

:cackle: People with a low amount of posts don't have access to Collections which is why they often make their masterposts in Jukebox! I would move them but I feel kinda bad about people not having access to their own threads. :/

5 hours ago, Countess said:

:cackle: People with a low amount of posts don't have access to Collections which is why they often make their masterposts in Jukebox! I would move them but I feel kinda bad about people not having access to their own threads. :/

Ah don't worry about it the , I'd rather still have access and be able to update and edit it rather than loose access just so it's in the right place. 

Thankd anyway :sassy:

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
5 hours ago, Ari said:

@Countess Is there any way to have a YouTube video centre, which if not is there any way you can implement that in the forum? My OCD kicks in when I have everything centred but the videos are on the side. 

I HATE IT TOO! :fishie: I actually asked our developers if they could fix that years ago but it seems like they have other priorities. As a workaround, you can always click on 'Source' and copy and paste the Youtube embed code into there. If you do it that way you can centre it just using the centre button up the top. ;) 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Countess said:

I HATE IT TOO! :fishie: I actually asked our developers if they could fix that years ago but it seems like they have other priorities. As a workaround, you can always click on 'Source' and copy and paste the Youtube embed code into their. If you do it that way you can centre it just using the centre button up the top. ;) 

Glad I'm not the only one who grits my teeth at it,
I've just tried it out and it works, hopefully the problem can get sorted soon, however, I'm sure this will do for the time being :)

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, Sunshine said:

Ban people when they scam or still money.
They are too much scammers on PHF now. Awful.

I’ve been a member on PHF for 3 years at this point (since December 2015) and there were too many scammers in the Music Trading Thread for years. If I remember correctly, @Skinny Legendsaid something like that’s too difficult to regulate because it’s a ‘they said vs. they said’ situation so that’s why Mo doesn’t ban shady/scammy traders. You just have to use and appreciate other parts of the site more if you want to avoid messy trading drama.

• Like 2

So that Queen @Skinny Legend does not have to carry the burden all the time.  How about appointing a couple of moderators. It would have to be people that the Queen can trust and who are willing to spend the time needed to monitor the various sections of the board.   I think it would help.  (No.  I am not volunteering).  Been there done that at a number of different places.  Not that I would not be honored to be one, but I just don't have the time.  

However, if I was a moderator, I would ban anyone who down voted me.  LOL. 

Maybe they could be called....Banerators instead of Moderators.   Just kidding.  I joke.  That's what I do.  I make fun. 

Seriously though.  I think it would take a lot of the burden off Skinny Legend. 

@Sunshine I do appreciate your concerns.  That is why I said it would have to be people @Skinny Legend can trust.  I did not know that @Crywolf was a moderator.  If done right, I don't think you would have the problem of "feeling to be surrendered by police"  as you say.  I have moderated at a number of different type of boards in my day.  A good moderator knows when to be the police and when to be more of a mentor. I understand that It can be a fine line.  However if the right person or persons are chosen I still believe it would take a big burden of Skinny Legend.  But that is just MHO.  

Edited by Whoknowsmehere
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, SuccessfulFlop said:

I’ve been a member on PHF for 3 years at this point (since December 2015) and there were too many scammers in the Music Trading Thread for years. If I remember correctly, @Skinny Legendsaid something like that’s too difficult to regulate because it’s a ‘they said vs. they said’ situation so that’s why Mo doesn’t ban shady/scammy traders. You just have to use and appreciate other parts of the site more if you want to avoid messy trading drama.

Exactly. I literally get PM's from Ally saying "BAN JACKSON!!! HE SCAMMED TRACKS FROM ME!!!" and then five minutes later I get PM's from Jackson saying "BAN ALLY!!! SHE STOLE MY MONEY!!!". :stretcher:  It's impossible to prove who's actually a scammer and who's not, and even if I could then they'd just create another account after being banned anyway.

Honestly, if people don't wanna be scammed they shouldn't ilegally trade music. :magic:

2 hours ago, Turn Ya Head said:

So I'm a dumbass and I keep on accidentally posting threads on the wrong section :stretcher:

Do you think there could be a way for us to move our own posts from a section to another one? That would be really handy tbh ;)

I can't find a function that would allow you to do that, but I can find one that would allow you to delete your own topics if you want... :orly: My only concern with that is if scammers started their own topics and then deleted the evidence when people called them out on it, but if people want the ability to do that I can set it up.

1 hour ago, Sunshine said:

@Whoknowsmehere Skinny Legend is not alone, we also have @Crywolf to moderate.

But i don't want other moderators, Skinny Legend is enough. I don't want to have the feeling to be surrended by police everywhere. 

@Crywolf isn't a moderator, they just have a different coloured name because they donated to the site a while ago and got it as a perk. ?

Honestly it would be cool to have a moderator, but every one I've had has used the moderation powers to their advantage. :stretcher: They ban members they don't like, plagiarize articles from other websites and delete posts that are negatively impacting their favourite artists...I've always thought @liberation would be a great mod because they're kind and not too crazy, but if they don't wanna do it I don't think I want anyone at all. :cackle:

• Like 1