taylor-and-britney.jpg

It’s a showdown between the two biggest pop stars in the world. The NFL wants either Taylor Swift or Britney Spears to star in the 2016 Super Bowl Halftime Show, but who will be chosen is totally up to them. Find out all the EXCLUSIVE details here! 

Oops! Britney Spears might do it again. 15 years after starring in the 2001 Super Bowl Halftime Show — alongside NSYNC, Mary J. Blige, Nelly and Aerosmith — HollywoodLife.com has EXCLUSIVELY learned that the NFL wants her to star in their 2016 Halftime Show, during it’s 50th championship game. But they also want Taylor Swift. So who are they ultimately going to choose? Well, that seems to be up to Britney and T-Swizzle.

Idk how to feel about this...Britney has a much larger variety of songs to choose from and would definitely put on a good show if she could pull it off, like she did at the Billboard Music Awards. But Taylor would probably put on a better performance overall and she's definitely more current, even if I think her songs are boring as fuck. :/

Taylor has an endorsement deal with Coca Cola, which is apparently a big no-no for halftime show candidates, since the show is sponsored by Pepsi. That's supposed to be the main reason that she's not likely to do it.

I don't really see Britney doing it either, for obvious reasons. Once Gaga has another era under her belt, it's definitely her turn, though.

Taylor has an endorsement deal with Coca Cola, which is apparently a big no-no for halftime show candidates, since the show is sponsored by Pepsi. That's supposed to be the main reason that she's not likely to do it.

I don't really see Britney doing it either, for obvious reasons. Once Gaga has another era under her belt, it's definitely her turn, though.

Gaga was apparently already offered it the year Madonna ended up performing, and supposedly turned it down because she wasn't a fan of the lip-syncing cause. The only way I could see her accepting is if they let her sing live tbh.

Gaga was apparently already offered it the year Madonna ended up performing, and supposedly turned it down because she wasn't a fan of the lip-syncing cause. The only way I could see her accepting is if they let her sing live tbh.

Then she is fucked up and it won't work, they lip-sync for the simple reason of acoustics, the stadium is huuuuge and the stream needs to be flawless, so they lip-sync to make sure that everybody can listen to the show, and not just the middle section.

Then she is fucked up and it won't work, they lip-sync for the simple reason of acoustics, the stadium is huuuuge and the stream needs to be flawless, so they lip-sync to make sure that everybody can listen to the show, and not just the middle section.

That doesn't even make sense. :stretcher: If they can blast a pre-recorded song to an entire stadium, they can definitely do the same thing with live vocals. They just want every note to be hit perfectly which imo is kind of boring and a total giveaway that it's lip synced.

• 1 year later...
On 6/29/2015 at 9:24 PM, Countess said:

That doesn't even make sense. :stretcher: If they can blast a pre-recorded song to an entire stadium, they can definitely do the same thing with live vocals. They just want every note to be hit perfectly which imo is kind of boring and a total giveaway that it's lip synced.

Nope it is due to nipplegate. You could shout out Free Palestine or USA sucks and get the NFL in trouble leading to mega fines. 

On 9/30/2016 at 2:48 AM, Elizabeth said:

Nope it is due to nipplegate. You could shout out Free Palestine or USA sucks and get the NFL in trouble leading to mega fines. 

Hmm, maybe. But the weird thing is that the biggest controversies at the Super Bowl lately (Janet's boob and M.I.A.'s middle finger) were both physical actions and not affected by the microphone or lip syncing at all. :stretcher: 

On 9/30/2016 at 3:27 AM, milanimiani said:

Well Britney's definitely got the lip-sync part down already....that's all she does now

To be honest, she's pretty much always lip synced so nothing's changed too much... :flush: 

• YAAASSS 1