Raven-Symoné In Talks to Join The View as New Co-Host

the-view-raven-simone-march-2015-billboard-650.jpg

Are more exciting changes coming to The View?

Raven-Symoné, 29, and comedienne Michelle Collins, 33, who have guest co-hosted the ABC daytime show more than a dozen times each since March, may be made permanent co-hosts. Veteran co-host Whoopi Goldberg, 59, announced the news on Thursday on the program, which has seen a lot of casting shake-ups since its 1997 debut. Page Six had reported in April that ABC was interested in having Raven-Symoné co-host The View full-time.

"We love saying it, but Raven and Michelle will be back tomorrow," Goldberg said. "We're trying to make it permanent, so write in to everybody."

Collins then mouthed, "Thank you" as the studio audience applauded.

The two newcomers also join actress Rosie Perez, 50, and Republican campaign activist and commentator Nicolle Wallace, 43, both of whom joined the series last fall at the beginning of the current 18th season after guest co-hosting the show.

Raven-Symoné's promotion comes amid an acting career comeback. The actress, who rose to fame as a child star on sitcoms such as The Cosby Show and Hangin' With Mr. Cooper, and later appeared on her own comedy That's So Raven, made her debut on the hit FOX drama series Empire in February.

During her time as a guest co-host, Raven created a bit of a stir by debating topics that involved sensitive matters concerning Michelle Obama. She also got candid about herself and her life growing up as a Hollywood actress, revealing that she has worn Spanx since she was 14.

Previous co-hosts of The View include Rosie O'Donnell, 53, who joined the show a second time earlier this season, and left in February, Elizabeth Hasselbeck, 37, who famously sparred with O'Donnell and who left the show to join Fox & Friends in 2013, Joy Behar, 72, who also departed the series that year and program creator Barbara Walters, 85, who left in 2014 and remains an executive producer.

They really needed to keep the line-up they had of Whoopi, Nicole, Cristella, Raven and Stacey London, that was like a perfect combo tbh. :'( I really don't know anything about Michelle Collins so I can't say much about her but I'm always happy to have Raven back on my tv! <3

i like that line up too but stacey said on wendy williams she doesnt want to be a full time cast member she jsut likes coming in every once in a while

Ughhh, really? :vacuum: She would say that on Wendy's show tho, that bitch is SO shady towards The View even though she stole Hot Topics from them. :roll: Cristella's show got cancelled tho so she really has no excuse not to come back permanently.