Charmed Reboot

Cypher

On October 25, 2013, it was announced that a reboot of Charmed is in development at CBS (who own all of Spelling Television's properties). Party of Five co-creator Christopher Keyser and Sydney Sidner are writing the script for CBS Television Studios and The Tannenbaum Company, who will executive produce alongside Keyser and Sidner.

The reboot has been described as a "re-imagining of the original series centered around four sisters who discover their destiny

It's too soon to reboot the series, but I'm so down for a movie with the ORIGINAL cast. I'm thrilled that Shannen and Alyssa are no longer feuding. I was so devastated when news broke Shannen was leaving the show back in the day. The season three finale was so emotional for me, omfg. WHERE ARE HOLLY'S AWARDS FOR THAT OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE?

It's too soon to reboot the series, but I'm so down for a movie with the ORIGINAL cast. I'm thrilled that Shannen and Alyssa are no longer feuding. I was so devastated when news broke Shannen was leaving the show back in the day. The season three finale was so emotional for me, omfg. WHERE ARE HOLLY'S AWARDS FOR THAT OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE?

I agree, I think it's a little soon, but if it's up to caliber where the original was, I may find myself turning in just cause the original was so good.

HOWEVER

a Charmed movie with the original cast would slay the world and the next world down. The original cast did such a great job.

I used to watch this show a heaaaap when I was younger but I haven't seen it for ages now! I'll have to get back into it, but I remember loving it. A reboot would be kind of forced and too soon imho, but I would love a reunion of the original cast. Even if they just had one or two original cast members as the mothers of the new witches or something like that, I think it could work well.

• 4 years later...
1 hour ago, Countess said:

@Cypher, can you believe that four years after you made this thread the reboot has finally come together? :shocked: I can't believe we've even known each other that long!

Anyway, here's the new trailer for anyone interested. ;)

OMG i didn't know about this! Will definitely watch it even though i don't like the CW shows. The original cast better make a least a cameo.

6 hours ago, victorxcx said:

OMG i didn't know about this! Will definitely watch it even though i don't like the CW shows. The original cast better make a least a cameo.

Sadly Rose McGowan is off beating up men with baseball bats and two of the other original sisters have already said they weren't happy with how the CW was running the show without asking for their advice, so I can't imagine any cameos from the original cast. :fishie: It's a shame because I'd love to see them all back on TV slaying some more demons together!

• Sad 1

Nope.  Not gonna watch this reboot if this trailer is any indication as to how the show will be.  Looks horrible.  They are definately not gearing this towards the old fans of the original.  That is for sure.

Are these networks running out of ideas.  Some things should just be left alone.  What? So now it is an "Advisor instead of a "White Lighter"?  Sad.  Very Sad. 

• Like 1