We've had some people tell us that they're unable to send messages to members because their inboxes are too full. Please don't forget to check your inbox and delete old messages to free up space so that you can still receive new ones!

Countess

The Official 'Vintage Songs' Thread

Rate this topic

Aaron Neville & Linda Ronstadt - I Don't Know Much

Two Iconic voices in one song.

Does this qualify as vintage?  I guess it depends on how old you are. 

For me I think anything that is older than I am is vintage.  LOL. 

Seriously, I really enjoy music as far back as the 50's.  Call me an old soul, but some of the music from the long ago eras is quite good. 

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• YAAASSS 1

Now this one if definately vintage.  In fact i think it goes way back to the 70's maybe even the 60's.  I enjoy the beat and the style of music. 

Tell me what you all think.  Too Vintage?  LOL. 

The Coasters - Love Potion Number Nine

• YAAASSS 1

Here is a little vintage (classic) R & B. 

07 Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On

That is all for now.  i will await some comments to see if what I have posted is a bit too vintage for all of your tastes. 

• YAAASSS 1

On 4/19/2017 at 10:31 PM, Whoknowsmehere said:

Here is a little vintage (classic) R & B. 

07 Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On

That is all for now.  i will await some comments to see if what I have posted is a bit too vintage for all of your tastes. 

A classic! Definitely vintage.

On 4/18/2017 at 3:01 PM, KaraCraig said:

<3

I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY PERSON TO KNOW ABOUT THIS SONG. :stretcher: What a flashback, I forgot this even existed until now! I used to love this track!

On 4/20/2017 at 3:02 PM, Whoknowsmehere said:

Now this one if definately vintage.  In fact i think it goes way back to the 70's maybe even the 60's.  I enjoy the beat and the style of music. 

Tell me what you all think.  Too Vintage?  LOL. 

The Coasters - Love Potion Number Nine

I only heard about this track because Lola Blanc did a cover version of it, but the original is so much better. :hail: I love it!

• YAAASSS 1

5 hours ago, Countess said:

I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY PERSON TO KNOW ABOUT THIS SONG. :stretcher: What a flashback, I forgot this even existed until now! I used to love this track!

I only heard about this track because Lola Blanc did a cover version of it, but the original is so much better. :hail: I love it!

I grew up in a very small town in the middle of the desert and we did not get a ton radio stations during the day.  But at night the skies would be so clear we could actually pick up radio stations as far away as Mexico.  But I remember this one oldies station we could pick up at night from California that played noting but oldies, (music from mostly the 50's up to the 70's).  I guess that is how I became a fan of that era of music.  I do not remember the name of the station. 

I can actually listen to pretty much most types of music......Except Rap.....Unless it is Nicki Minaj.....I do like me some Nicki Minaj. 

• Like 1

An iconic heartbreak song... :yeah: Everytime she whispers that last note out I just wanna cry. No one does it like Barbra!

Was going through my vintage folder (yes, damn it, I have a vintage folder).  And came across what is my opinion is one of Bill Withers best songs.  It starts a bit slow but there is a great message in the song, so listen all the way through. 

Bill Withers - Lean On Me.

• Sad 1

Oh god i have so many favorite vintage songs, I love the classics.

Please login or register to see this link.

he legendary Dolly Parton who I adore so much

• YAAASSS 1

Hey my kiddies.  For some of us this maybe considered vintage.  I mean it is from the 80's.  LOL.  I found this 8 disc compilation of the "Greatest hits of the 80's" on reddit.  You can view the list here if you so choose:

After viewing the list, if you so choose, you can download the CD's from here.  (They can be downloaded as single songs, individual discs, or as a whole).  Have fun....and remember: - Loud music for long periods of time can and may effect your hearing.  Just a little "Public Service Announcement" 

• Like 2

On 15/05/2017 at 4:09 AM, Countess said:

This video kinda gives me Bjork vibes!!! Love it.

Been obsessed with this lately. 

• YAAASSS 1

On 9/3/2017 at 10:24 AM, Ari said:

Oh god i have so many favorite vintage songs, I love the classics.

he legendary Dolly Parton who I adore so much

You better stan the Double D Queen! :hail: No one sings country like Dolly! <3 

Here's something else for the country lover in all of us: